It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The illusion of fear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
"Good and evil do not exist for me any more. The fear of evil is merely a mass projection here and on Earth."
Hans Bender

The Northwest UK paper - The Liverpool Echo today printed a front page article yesterday regarding a gang member admitting to being paid by a BBC fixer for the Panorma documentary regarding gang culture in the UK.

A TEENAGE gang member was paid £50 by a “fixer” to flaunt guns for a BBC programme, a court heard.

The 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was filmed assembling a shotgun on the Panorama documentary.

www.liverpoolecho.co.uk...

Is this an isolated incident? Or is this proof that major media is affecting our perception of modern society? Are we being forced into an illusion of fear and terror?

If that is the case, surely the people responsible should be arrested on whatever current terror charges apply to protect the UK population?
Am i wrong?

[edit on 10-1-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
You're probably right. Look at all the threads about desensitization. The media exposes us to more violence, more guns, more murder to the point that if somebody paid me to tinker with guns for TV, I probably good.

Not so much weapons anymore as household appliances, guns are.

[edit on 1/10/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Yeah in my mind it's just further proof of the media's propaganda. Countries use they're media for further they're agenda by having the general population fed a tidbit of information on whats going on.

When they can't find real information on what's going on (real in terms of what's needed to convince) they alter or issue dis-information to confuse the masses so that only the explanation given by what we call "official" sources are adhered to.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
"Good and evil do not exist for me any more. The fear of evil is merely a mass projection here and on Earth."
Hans Bender

This is an adequate explanation of all life.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
welcome my son
welcome to the machine....

there is no right or wrong, good or bad, morals or ethics in the universe.
just our own perceptions and how we view them. fear, like happiness and morals differs from person to person.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Good and Evil are just as opposite as black and white. Black=all colors absorbed. White=all colors reflected. Does it matter whether we give or take, that is a big question that we all have to ask our selves. And just as we discover the answers, we are choosing either the path of fear or the path of love, the path of self or the path of others. No one can say this path is the right one and that path is the wrong one, because it is all relative to their experience.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Good that the kid fessed up so we can all have proof about what we were talking about forever and the kid only got a measly 50 pounds sheesh.

Just goes to show that the tv shapes youth's minds. They shape our minds and the end result could be fear. The first place they attack is the mind.

When they attack the mind they can do so much more to desensitise. The second is to start with the impressionable young.

The conentration camp for the goverment controlling the kids is happening now. You see pictures and anime cartoons about children being controlled by the military away form parents.

The realisation off that is that they are not going to do it infront off the parents like those pictures are showing but sneakily behind their backs through tv, magazines, games and pharmaceutical drugs etc etc. All of which they can do to control their mind by being consumers, getting handouts from gov to trust in them.

Some children may wake up to the truth when they hit over the age of 25. Some may not wake up infact and have been slave to the system.

So based on good and evil being fed to us on a daily basis it can infact be an illusion off the information you allow your body, mind and soul to receive.

[edit on 10-1-2009 by meadowfairy]

new topics

top topics

join