It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-'Semanticism'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Why does the term "anti-Semitism" refer to discrimination against Jews only? Are Palestinians not also Semitic? What should discrimination against Palestinians be called? Pro-Semitism?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Right!!! In Poland par example there are some "anty racist" jewish organisations branding "Racist" or "Nazi" everybody who dares to say a word against Gaza massacre. They prepare some black lists...for new Zionist concentration camps maybe...
And by the way Askenazy Jews are not Semitic race...and the Palestinians and most of "terror supporting Islamists" are

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
This thread was just moved into this forum, at my request, where I hope it will receive some attention.

The suggestion here is that many words, not just anti-Semitism, are part of the reason some differences seem irreconcilable.

Another abused word, in my opinion, is “settlements.” Why not call these what they are, colonies? Colonization is supposed to be against international law but seems fine by America as long as Israel calls their colonies, settlements.

Please add any misused words you can think of in the Mid-East debate, and/or comment on the abused words I have raised for discussion. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
As far as i know the word semitism comes from the name Sem or Shem, a son of noah.

Both the Arabics and Israeli's come from him..

Palestine's however come from Ham, the other son..

With a total of three, the other son being Japheth.. funny story about them aswell involving the first case of a drunken man in the bible

maybe i'm wrong .. but this is how far i can go...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
From wikipedia:

The term Semite means a member of any of various ancient and modern people originating in southwestern Asia, including Akkadians, Canaanites, Phoenicians, Hebrews, Arabs, and Ethiopian Semites.

en.wikipedia.org...

I too agree that this incorrect term needs to stop being used. "Anti-Jewish" makes a LOT more sense.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trauma
From wikipedia:

The term Semite means a member of any of various ancient and modern people originating in southwestern Asia, including Akkadians, Canaanites, Phoenicians, Hebrews, Arabs, and Ethiopian Semites.

en.wikipedia.org...

I too agree that this incorrect term needs to stop being used. "Anti-Jewish" makes a LOT more sense.

if you read a bit further you will see:

However, the Canaanites and Amorites also spoke a language belonging to this family, and are therefore also termed Semitic in linguistics, despite being described in Genesis as sons of Ham (See Sons of Noah).

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Then when you look further at the page of Hamitic on wiki, you will see this:

In the Bible, the sons of Ham include peoples who were traditionally enemies of the Jews, notably the Egyptians and the Canaanites.

which is quite true..

[edit on 10/2/09 by Reignite]

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Trauma

Oh dear! Even Wiki is distorting facts to attend to the needs of zionism.

There is no such thing as an Ethiopian Semite. Ethiopians are predominately Hamites including the Falasha Jews transported to Israel in the 1990s as a publicity stunt. What the first thing the Israelis did? They conducted conversions because they did not even recognise their Jewishness.

books.google.co.uk... ao&hl=en&ei=RaORSZvpNoiKjAeV-L23Cg&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=9&ct=result

In 1985, Rabbi David Bleich published a rather mean-spirited responsum in which he argues that the Falashas are not to be considered Jewish, and must undergo conversion after an appropriate period of instruction.

www.rabbinicalassembly.org...

FALASHAS (i.e. exiles; Ethiopic falas, a stranger) , "jews of Abyssinia of hamitic stock, a kin to Galla, Somali and Beja, though they profess a Jewish Religion

encyclopedia.jrank.org...

Furthermore, the Wiki definitions refers to tribal designations of an ancient period of history that no longer exists. It is like me refering to the French as Gauls, the Scots as Picts and the Italians as Lumbards.

These kinds of convoluted and redundant terminologies only serves to propagate zionist mythology and deliberately clouds reality and the the inconvenient presence of Semitic Palestinians.

There are Chinese Jews;

chinese-school.netfirms.com...

www.brandeis.edu...

Are these gentle looking folk more Semite than the Palestinians? The fact is that all the Akkadians, Canaanites, Phoenicians, Hebrews are the ancestors of the Palestinians and a large portion of the Arabs. The Palestinians are the descendants of these ancients.

[edit on 112828p://am2805 by masonwatcher]

new topics

top topics

join