It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casualities of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I will direct you to this page:
en.wikipedia.org...

Now, I'm not entirely sure of the reliability of Wikipedia, but I'm sure you can see the impression that this web page might give a person. In every chart, the Palestinian (total) casualty toll is at least three times the amount of the Israel (total) casualty toll.

Now, this can mean a number of things to different people. It could mean Israel maybe attacking less, but since they have better technologies, they kill and injure more than the Palestinians do. It could also mean that Palestinians kill each other.

Others will completely dismiss this site, and say that Israelis are "protecting their freedom", so it doesn't matter how many Palestinians (aka Muslims) they kill. These same people might believe that the hijackings of 9/11 were completely operated by Muslim terrorists.

Others will believe that Israel is outright attacking Palestinians, or even provoking them and saying that the Palestinians "started it", knowing that many will support Israel, regardless of the truth. There are many who believe that the media is lying to them, so they don't trust certain news organizations.

And still there are others that don't care who started what or why or how many died: they just know that killing innocent people is wrong, so "both" sides of this war must stop fighting.

All of these perspectives (and more) can be taken from this one "source" of information, which makes things difficult if you want to find the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. There are always ones who will distort the truth, hide the truth, or even blatantly lie. There will always be people who believe these kinds of people. Of course, everyone will do those things from time to time, it's the ones who can gain the most from those actions that you should be worried about.

Now, what is your perspective on this (part of the) web page?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyindevil
Others will completely dismiss this site, and say that Israelis are "protecting their freedom", so it doesn't matter how many Palestinians (aka Muslims) they kill. These same people might believe that the hijackings of 9/11 were completely operated by Muslim terrorists.

Others will believe that Israel is outright attacking Palestinians, or even provoking them and saying that the Palestinians "started it", knowing that many will support Israel, regardless of the truth. There are many who believe that the media is lying to them, so they don't trust certain news organizations.

ive noticed most people on ats are christians. christians are thought that israelites are "gods chosen people" also if you damn israel "god will damn you". i believe 9/11 was israel but no no no dont speak aganist israel!! god will damn you if you do so!!! this is a religious war in my eyes.. israel provoked hamas... all i had for dinner as a child was veggie bacon and grits. i know what hunger will do to the mind

[edit on 10-1-2009 by wise words spoken]

join