It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wolves in Sheeps Clothing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Hello All

There seems to be many wolves attacking the true Gospel and the apostle Paul. Any thing that is not of God must be therefore from the enemy of God.

Paul is often held up as false by many as he does not fit with their beliefs. When this first comes to the attention of a new Christian it can be hard on the faith, as it was on my own.

Paul is cited as being at odds with Christ but clearly he is not, Biblical Prophecy fortells of a bodily resurrection and teh OT is replete of the justification by faith message.

Some cults etc deny the bodily resurrection of Christ and these must be treated as Anti Christ and ravening wolves. A complete denial of the bodily crucifixtion and resurrection of Jesus is an attempt to belittle the power and love of Gods sacrifice for his children.

The Apostle Paul is often cited as having no witness to him being appointed an apostle and yet clearly, there is evidence to say that he did.

the book of Acts

ACTS 9:17 KJV

And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

So you have Ananias confirming what Paul had witnessed and that it wa sin fact from God, a true confirmation and an example of how our messages from God can be confirmed.

ACTS 9:19 KJV

And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.

Here we have many disciples. I find it impossible to belive that if Paul was not genuine that God did not open the eyes of at least one of them. So in this we have Ananias confirming that paul was the real deal.

ACTS 14:1 KJV

And it came to pass in Iconium, that they went both together into the synagogue of the Jews, and so spake, that a great multitude both of the Jews and also of the Greeks believed.

In Acts 14 paul is with Banabas preaching and producing real fruit. so we have another disciple who accepted Paul

Not only that we have Luke confirming this also as the Author of Acts. If we then dismiss Luke we dismiss the authority of Christ and his judgement in choosing whom he did.

2 Peter 3:16 KJV

As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

This is both a warning to all Christians NOT to dismiss Pauls writings and confimation of the truth of them. Peter is yet ANOTHER apostle directly chosen by Jesus. If we question him we woudl have to question Christ. Notice that that Peter equates Pauls letters with other scripture. As Christians we know that scripture was given by God

2 Peter 1:21 KJV

For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

If we therefore dismiss the letters of Paul who has been given the seal of approval by many disciples and the apostles picked by Jesus, then we have to also query the ability of the Holy Spirit.

And my friends this is where faith comes into it. Jesus himself did not write scripture, he told the apostles that the Holy Spirit would bring to mind everything.

david

[edit on 10-1-2009 by drevill]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Paul:

1 Corinthians 4
15For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

Jesus:

Matthew 23
10Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

1 Corinthians 12

27Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

28And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

29Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

30Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

31But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

Jesus

Matthew 23
8But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Romans 7
9For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

10And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

Jesus

Matthew 19
16And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

1 Corinthians 15
31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

Jesus

John 11
26And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Romans 3
24Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

27Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

28Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Jesus

Matthew 12
36But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

37For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Romans 14
9For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

Jesus

Luke 20
38For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are more if you would like to see them.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

There seems to be many wolves attacking the true Gospel and the apostle Paul. Any thing that is not of God must be therefore from the enemy of God.

Ahhh....Nothing like some good old, christian hell fire condemnation, I'm right your wrong mentality. Only a fool would judge others when the book you go by says specifically not to. Damn you sinners....Damn you straight to hell. What a bunch of mindless drivel. Your fanatical religious beliefs are often the very forces that create wars and intolerance. It's called fascism and you are a fascist OP.

Now correct me if I am wrong, but is that not what Hitler did? That would make you a "Little Hilter". I am not an enemy of God, just an enemy of fascism.

[edit on 10-1-2009 by 12.21.12]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
aghhh

nothing like incorrect use of that particular scripture, We are to judge words and actions not the heart. Just like a berean as Christ said. who is the fool?

so, you are, in this case, wrong.

aslo you definition of facism is incorrect Facism does not create wars etc on their own. its a clash of ideals. Paradoxically you have become the dictator in suggesting i have no right to make my comments. bit silly really!

a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

i am stating my point, if that is fascism we are all guilty. quite frankly i do not care about be all whimsical and ecumenical. I say what i say for the Love of God that i have and the love of truth. By all means argue a point but to state that something is fascist is the sound of someone who feels that they have had their own beliefs brought into question. Not my fault.

As for Hell fire, I am a Christian and take the Bible as the word of God. The bible says there is Hell fire so i believe it. If it was good for Christ to mention it then im with him and willfeel free to mention it at any time, although i didn't.

and i stand by the words you highlighted and do so in the name of Christ. It is my duty to God and bretheren

david

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
hello There

i apprecaite the scripture but i so no conflict.

it seems to be a example of comparing words without the full understanding.

I am happy to discuss them all but please choose one and give me your explanation of your understanding and i will then give my own.

(i have a 3.5 week old son so i may get delayed, but i am interested)

cheers

David

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The root of the problem is historical/traditional christian religion built on theology and flesh rather than the rock that death and hell cannot prevail against.

If a man knows the one who chose the disciples, he will know that the disciples are indeed his.

If a thinking individual does the math there must be a mysterious thirteenth disciple chosen in order to become one of the twelve.

As everyone knows twelve were chosen, one of which was a devil who was used to fulfill what was done before the foundation of the world who is lost.

That makes eleven. Then of course there was a fellow by the name of Matthias who was picked by the roll of a dice to fill Judas' seat. However that isn't by the direct hand of the creator, but mediated through man. Sort of like Jethro giving Moses the advice to set up judges under him. Not the direct hand of the creator at work but rather the ideas of man.

One can debate until they are blue in the face, yet unless there is a foundation laid on the stone the pharisees reject, nothing will become of it. If a house is built on that foundation, no debate is needed.

new topics

top topics

join