It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aussie perspective-Flight 93-Penn-may I?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
As a former Air Force Officer, I watched, with horror and professional interest, 9/11 on CNN via cable here in Australia. In terms of maybe not telling the whole truth in relation to going in and kicking the living daylights out of Iraq, I think the withholding of or fabricating may have started here.

I noticed a very quick aerial shot of the crash site that was never repeated no matter how long I watched. The impact zone showed a fuselage impact pattern, vertical stabiliser hitting intact, but only stubs of both wings, with no engine impact evident.

Missiles may have been deployed but I tend to think the collateral damage may have been too great...BUT, it may expalin the bits and pieces found many kilometres from the impact site. (Hole opened in the fuselage). A 'guns' run to disable both engines and induce a near vertical descent into a relatively (compared to Washington DC) uninhabited area would seem likely.

Statements by civilian air traffic controllers whose radar surveilled the area that they 'didn't see a thing', or that 'their civilian radars are not equipped to deal with this military stuff' are all crap. They would have seen everything and one can adjust one's radar to change the shape of the beam, its frequency, rate of scan and so on. (I am a military and civilian trained air traffic controller so do know a little of what I speak).

Sorry to raise this oft-spoken of item again, but it is sometimes helpful to re-visit and re-trace our steps so we can see where we went wrong, and try and project, from history, just where we are headed.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gordon57

Sorry to raise this oft-spoken of item again, but it is sometimes helpful to re-visit and re-trace our steps so we can see where we went wrong, and try and project, from history, just where we are headed.

I agree the most with your last statment, because it is through repitition that the most hard-headed people become more succeptible towards accepting controversial ideas. Also because not everyone hears an idea the first, the second, or even the third time it is discussed. Thats why I hate it when people try to discourage posters who repeat "old news"; you also never know when someone will introduce a new perspective.

I remember the rare footage, too. The one with the yellowish-grass, and the dying trees all over the place. I only saw it on that day, and shortly after the report that F93 had crashed. My first instinct told me that it was shot down, because there is little chance of anyone on board being informed of the attacks taking place, if there even was anyone on board in the first place.

It was a tough call to make, both for the air force pilot and his/her commander, but it was probably the right one considering that plane was headed for who knows what. Whether or not the plane was truly occupied is also up in the air, as the valid information surrounding that issue taboo and classified

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   
On 9-11, I was at work and just hitting refresh on every news site I knew to look for. I refreshed CNN.com and came across an interesting quote, one which I don't think I'll ever forget. It showed up and said that someone had called from a cell phone, and the recording of the call had been sent to CNN. The quote they used was "And they've taken over the...Oh my God! There's white smoke billowing from the back of the"

15 minutes later it disappeared, and a story about the people on the plane forcing it down showed up in it's place. I believe the 2 F-16s that were in the area shot it down, and I commend the president if he made the decision to do that. That would have been an uber hard decision to make, but he put his image on the line. If it turned out that plane was shot down for no reason, Bush would have been out. Cheney would have been our president. Bush had no idea what we know now about how the whole 9-11 would pan out. He did what he felt needed to be done for the country, He put the country before himself, and, based on that theory, that was the day I started to really respect Bush and think, right or wrong, he's doing what he's doing because he thinks it's for the good of the country.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   

as quoted by Gordon57

You are correct sir, re-visiting and/or rediscussing the occurances of 9/11 are encouraged and expected. With the amount of discussions that have taken place on the events, theories, happenings, etc of and on this tragic day, a special thread has been set up to help faciliate such discussions. This particular thread has almost every link to myriads of threads discussing them.

I encourage you and anyone else who wishes to openly discuss them, do so within this thread:
Forum Reference Index AND Thread for Discussing anything related to 9/11, Pentagon, etc.

Thank you.
Thread Closed.

seekerof

top topics

join