It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neptune's Octagon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
My Earth and Space Science professer was talking about the unique axis of all the planets in our solar system. When he got to Neptune, he said he remembered that their was an event which was not really talked about, which shocked scientists who were monitering a probe that was orbiting Neptune. He said that there is a perfect octagon on the southern hemisphere of neptune. He recalled that clouds or something else, basically fell into the octagon occasionally.

I asked him if this had anything to do with the Inner Earth theories. He said he doesn't know. I wanted to know if anyone on ATS has any information relating to this. I'm not really sure if my teacher is telling the truth about this event or he just made it up. Any information would be great. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
So we have an octagon on Jupiter and a Hexagon on Saturn, eh?

Interesting, I wonder why???

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Trams

Never heard of an octagon on Neptune... Perhaps he was talking about the hexagon on Saturn?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Thanks for the vid. Maybe he did mean Saturn and a Hexagon, not Octagon. Now that I think about it, he was making many mistakes today.

I'll ask tommorow just in case.

jra

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trams
...scientists who were monitering a probe that was orbiting Neptune.

No probe has orbited Neptune. Only Voyager 2 made one flyby. Your teacher probably ment the one on Saturn.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
If you watch a slow motion drops of water hitting surface of water, waves will occasionally form hexagons. It has to do with interference and resonance, but don't ask me for details.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Its Saturn your teacher was talking about, and there is loads of videos on the subject on Youtube. Most people feel its caused by cymatics (frequency changes causing complex patterns to emerge).\\

Wiki cymatics and youtube saturn hexagon.

Peace

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Like jra has already stated, no spacecraft has orbited Neptune. If your Earth and Space Sciences professor is getting Saturn confused with Neptune, and octagons mixed up with hexagons, then good luck in your exams!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
No, it is talk about a Octagon.
I remember watching about it at Discovery Science.

top topics

join