It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL reason behind Israel's blitzkreig on Gaza!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Now, this might just sound too boring for some members on here because they want everything to have a fantastical imaginary story where someone is plotting to do this and that they eventually have control over all. The reason behind these latest developments might not be so interesting but is still a conspiracy in itself.

‘Kiss of death’ for Palestine

It has nothing to do with Hamas… nothing to do with rocket attacks in Southern Israel….. the truth is, it’s all about scoring points (and votes) for the upcoming Israeli election…. not a thing more, not a thing less.

*Below is only snippets of the article from HERE

Gaza War Role Is Political Lift for Ex-Premier

By Ethan Bronner

JERUSALEM — A few weeks ago, Defense Minister Ehud Barak was considered a dead man walking in Israeli politics. Members of his Labor Party were plotting to replace him after elections on Feb. 10, if not before. Under his leadership, the storied party of David Ben-Gurion and Golda Meir had sunk so low in the polls that there was serious talk it might disappear.

There is, however, much irony — and uncertainty — in this political upheaval. Although Mr. Barak has gained from the war, he was opposed to it for far longer than any of the other top leaders and has been the most eager of them for a cease-fire since it began. Many abroad recall Mr. Barak as the prime minister who in 2000 went further than any Israeli leader in peace offers to the Palestinians, only to see the deal fail and explode in a violent Palestinian uprising that drove him from power.

[edit on 8/1/09 by serbsta]

Mod Edit: Image Hotlinking – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/1/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

i knew that the popularity in the upcoming elections was a big consideration but didn't know the full details.

fantastic post!

S&F for the effort.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I knew it I knew it I knew it.

"The real reason..." is always anti-israeli.

Not because they knew Obama is not a friend of Israel and they will be alone when he takes office so they had to act now.

Not 5000 rockets being fired since 2005 and 17 suicide bombers killing, maiming and destroying.

Not Hamas refusing to recognize the right of Israel to even exist and taking support from Iran whose leader says Israel is a "rotting corpse" and will "Burn in fire" and "will be pushed in the sea." Or that little denying the Holocaust.

Nope. It's all about Israeli elections and the petty needs of a politician.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Obama has not 100% stated whether or not he supports Israel. He does not currently support either side because of the violence they have both caused.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The REAL reason behind Israel's blitzkreig on Gaza!reply to post by serbsta

When i saw the picture that accompanied the headline , i thought,
what the .... !!!

Thanks for the laugh .

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Obama hasnt yet stated his stance on Israel but i think the fact that he hasnt said anything at all regarding recent events speaks for itself.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Dude you need to post some sort of warning about graphic images. I WAS eating dinner

If true this makes this whole invasion even worse than I ever imagined.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

He is going to talk to HAMMAS! That says it all.

Israel loses. Palestinians win.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
reply to post by serbsta

He is going to talk to HAMMAS! That says it all.

Israel loses. Palestinians win.

i don't believe it specifically says anything.
any foreign government involved in (or involving itself in) the israel/palestine situation should communicate with both sides. it's called 'diplomacy' in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
reply to post by serbsta

Dude you need to post some sort of warning about graphic images. I WAS eating dinner

If true this makes this whole invasion even worse than I ever imagined.

Sorry about that.

Yeah thats true, if this all is just for political votes than its worse than we ever imagined, why go that far? I cant believe people would take lives for the sake of votes. I know im looking at it with a simple view, but its all there in black and white.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta

There is, however, much irony — and uncertainty — in this political upheaval. Although Mr. Barak has gained from the war, he was opposed to it for far longer than any of the other top leaders and has been the most eager of them for a cease-fire since it began. Many abroad recall Mr. Barak as the prime minister who in 2000 went further than any Israeli leader in peace offers to the Palestinians, only to see the deal fail and explode in a violent Palestinian uprising that drove him from power.

Op your post doesn't make clear that Ehud Barak is commander in chief of Operation Cast Lead?

new topics

top topics

join