It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel 'fires on UN Gaza convoy'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Another UN strike by Israel...
Really... What are they thinking? Yesterday they announce three hours daily cease-fire, but very next day they attack UN convoy in that time! ...

At least one Palestinian has been killed after a UN relief agency convoy came under fire from Israeli forces in the Gaza Strip, officials say.

The attack took place on Thursday as the lorries travelled to the Erez crossing to pick up supplies that were to have been allowed in during a three-hour ceasefire.

Thursday's pause in the 13-day Israeli offensive to allow humanitarian aid into the strip was scheduled to last from 1pm (11:00 GMT) to 4pm (14:00 GMT).

The Israeli military said that it was checking reports of the incident.

english.aljazeera.net...

"We against the other world! (...Except USA...) - and we will win!"

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
There aren't enough reports at the moment to really assess the incident. If this does pan out and Israel was indeed stupid enough to attack a UN vehicle, god help them. The strikes on the two UN-schools-turned-refugee-camps which, according to the UN Relief and Works Agency had been clearly marked (and coordinates given directly to the Israeli military beforehand), were widely criticized; hardline supporters of Israel found many excuses for the incident, the most common being that they were not in fact refugee centers but hideouts for terrorists and/or their stockpiles of weapons. Now, we have a potential firing upon a UN aid vehicle, which I imagine won't be as easy to shove into the corner.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I am totally disgusted at Israel. NEVER EVER is it justified to kill innocent children.
Neither is it ever justified to hit a relief convoy???

They are making too many 'mistakes' for it to be coincidental. It looks as thought they have been given the all clear to go wild.

I am absolutely outraged, frustrated, drained.

There will never be peace through war. But of course, they know this.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The excuse will probably go something like this.
"there was 50 Hamas fighters there all taking bags out of the trucks "it had the letters R.I.C.E on it which we know stands for Radioactive Ingredient Creating Explosion, we had to act fast as they where almost looking desperate getting this ingredient out, plus a clear liquid in a bottle we are sure is used as rocket fuel, some could hardly wait to fuel up the rockets and started swallowing it, we again had to fire knowing that now these Hamas fighters where looking at becoming suicide bombers full of this liquid, fortunately we where able to take out the slow ones dressed in dresses and the short male ones"
"we where lucky to get out alive in our APC's, some of us almost got close enough to see the UN written on the truck"

"How where we to know UN stood for, we are taught to shoot anything that doesn't have an Israeli flag on it."

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Its not the first time Israel has attacked UN soldiers-

www.washingtonpost.com...

By Scott Wilson and Robin Wright
Washington Post Foreign Service
Wednesday, July 26, 2006; Page A01

An Israeli airstrike hit a United Nations post in southern Lebanon late Tuesday, killing four international observers, hours after Prime Minister Ehud Olmert agreed to lift Israel's 14-day blockade of Lebanon for shipments of humanitarian aid to reach the swelling ranks of displaced Lebanese civilians.

U.N. officials said an aerial shell struck an observer post in the hilltop town of Khiyam, and rescue teams reached the site soon after to search for survivors in the rubble. Milos Strugar, a senior adviser for the mission, known by the acronym UNIFIL, said the four observers inside the post had taken cover in bunkers after 14 Israeli airstrikes landed nearby throughout the afternoon.

I read somehwre in regards to this incident that the UN observers saw the Israeli military using cluster weapons or targetting civilians, dont quote me on that, but they were doing something wrong at the time that the UN saw and they wanted to hit those observers to stop them reporting what they saw.

The observers did call Brussells telling them that they were being targeted.

Heres some more related info-
alse.blogspot.com...

The situation with the deliberate bombing on the UN outpost made me more than a little angry. There is no way possible that it was an accident. For one, Israel employs satellite-guided laser 500 lb. bombs. The co-ordinates for targets come down from the U.S. military satellite system. So any bomb that hits a specific target had those co-ordinates programmed in.

Maybe not a UN ship but the USS Liberty was also hit, remember?

The media fail to mention that on June 8, 1967 the USS Liberty was attacked by aircraft and boats from the Israeli military. The Liberty was flying three U.S. flags — one a large flag. When the attack was finished, 34 U.S. sailors lay dead and 174 were wounded. Israel claimed it was a mistake, but the ship was an electronic ship listening to the chatter and picked up the fact that Israel was the aggressor nation.

Heres a link to the UN observers making many calls before the strike-
edition.cnn.com...

The U.N. observers killed when an Israeli bomb hit their bunker in Lebanon Tuesday called an Israeli military liaison about 10 times in the six hours before they died to warn that aerial attacks were getting close to their position, a U.N. officer said.

After each call, the Israeli officer promised to have the bombing stopped, an officer at the U.N. Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) base in Noqoura said.

Finally, an Israeli bomb exploded directly on the U.N. post near Khiyam, killing four U.N. observers from Austria, Finland, Canada and China, the U.N. officer said.

If it was any other nation, NATO would have taken action against them, so why didnt they?

Or did the US again "veto" the UN even criticising Israels actions?

Seems to be not the first time and not the last time, but when your dealing with so called "God's chosen people" looks like their Gods law's come above those of the international communities......what hypocrites

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Not first time! There was also Finish UN soldier in post when Israeli bombing to UN observation post happened, and he died.

There never came official sorry from what happened, but my country was in deep pain.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
OPEN MESSAGE TO MODS!

I open this news from UN convoy attack, with respect of new rules in posting Gaza issues to Middle East Forum, but then someone opens much more later same news to breaking news... I didnt get discussion to here at all.

This is not working...
-

If I want to get my Gaza news readed, I have to go back to old style, and keep posting to breaking news... This was not first time! ( I usually dont care, but enough is enough! )

Now, if I want to talk about this attack, I have to support other, later opened thread... Huhuu... I hope some moderating here!

This thread was opened 2 hours after mine!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

SAME happened between these... ( Not mine ) About rocket attacks from Lebanon.

This was first posted to Middle East Forum:

And then 1 hour after this was posted to Breaking News and took the show:

Its just not right!

[edit on 8-1-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Un has stopped aid into gaza till israel can guarantee their security.

I think all this will still be swept under the rug. After all we are being distracted by the false flag op from lebanon. If it wasn't the case, the world would have turned against the israeli regime.

It's all so oh convenient!

Disgusting really!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
If they are going to fire at the UN, i wonder what they are going to do to this Iranian ''Aid'' ship?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 04326

Well that is easy to tell, when Hamas is gone Israel will be able to guarantee the UN security, until then Hamas will continue to use UN buildings and they will continue to get hit by Israel, Rightfully so to I might ad.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal

Well that is easy to tell, when Hamas is gone Israel will be able to guarantee the UN security, until then Hamas will continue to use UN buildings and they will continue to get hit by Israel, Rightfully so to I might ad.

except that its Israel who is killing the UN personal.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

except that its Israel who is killing the UN personal.

And it still hasn't even been proven that Hamas were even in the UN buildings.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

JanusFIN

Two threads on the same topic are allowed, if one of them is Breaking News. That is within ATS guidelines.

Why does it concern you which thread gets the most attention? At least the topic is not censored, and you are able to get your thoughts read by others on ATS, no?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
i think what he`s saying is that the big annoncement of sticking all gaza related items into 1 forum , so he did and yet another was opened in BAN , which kinda goes in the face of the announcement

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Israel does not care about anyone outside of their interests and have proven it time and again. If you want to defend them for defending themselves, then fine, but to defend them when are attacking clearly marked aid, and international personnel, makes you just as bad as them. If you really want to help Israel go over there and do your thing.

*editted - Mod

[edit on 8-1-2009 by alien]

new topics

top topics

join