It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monday fireball caught on video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Monday fireball caught on video

www.lethbridgeherald.com

A Calgary volunteer with the Canadian Fireball Reporting Centre captured about six seconds of video of a fireball that was witnessed by several people in the Lethbridge area at 5:45 a.m.
“It’s hard to say how bright it was, it was certainly a significant fireball. I can imagine the rock involved is approximately 10 kilograms, a rock maybe the size of your head.
Hildebrand ruled out the fireball being part of the Quadrantid meteor shower, which hits Western Canada
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
hisz.rsoe.hu

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Seems to be a quite common thing in Canada at this time of year but interesting none the less, I'm trying to find the footage of the incident. Strange that the lights were seen in two different locations and it was extremely bright blue-green light then it simply vanished.Also it was nothing to do with Quadrantid meteor shower because of the speed and trajectory.
Also do NASA track these incoming meteors if they are of a certain size?

Edit to add this is an article on the meteor in november this makes the total 3 in the last couple of months and if you live near there you might want to have a look for it, seen as the last one had a reward of $10,000 USD.

The week's earlier meteor sighting, which created an amazing light show that wouldn't have looked out of place in a Hollywood blockbuster, has since spawned a feverish hunt for remaining debris and a $10,000 USD reward.

www.thetechherald.com...

www.lethbridgeherald.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-1-2009 by orgyofthedead]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I couldn't find any video footage of this event, either. It would be interesting to see.

new topics

join