It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bowler question....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Does anyone know how much a professional bowler makes a year??? I looked everywhere and help would be nice. I am a very good bowler yet I am 17 but I wanna know how much they make. Thanks alot.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Brad Angelo
Hometown: Lockport, NY
Bowls: Right
Joined PBA: 2002
DOB: 12/23/1969
Titles: 0
Career Earnings: $167,847

NOT TOO SHABBY

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
If you're a good bowler, get to know the people that run your house. I don't know if you know this or not, but the average of a Pro-Bowler is 240 I believe. And I know some tourneys have been won on a 187 average, but the thing is, Oil Patterns are changed for PBA tourneys and so forth. I know that some people at the house I work at, I'm a Mechanic at a Bowling Alley, are wanting to start their PBA like League, every week they change the pattern on the lanes to bowl with.

The best bowlers adjust, if you can get 270 everytime on one pattern doesn't mean much unless you can average that on others. But the real money is in Amatuer bowling if you're that good. My boss has been a Mechanic for a long time and knows of one guy that would make 150grand a year on betting. But, he was absurdley good and lived out of the back of his car. It sucked for a living, 150grand a year, Tax Free because it's in Cash, is a hell of a good thing. But, if he went Pro, that means he couldn't bowl in Amatuer toruneys any more and so, he just kept doing that for a few years. He could bowl high 200's with left or right hand, pick up splits too no end.

And the reason I said get to know the people at your house is, it's always a good thing to be close to your Pro-Shop guy/gal. Discounts are great, the one I know is if he likes ya, good bowler and bowl leagues, then you get a good discount and get to try stuff all the time.

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
You must be talking about 10 pin bowling right?

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Of course, they only have Pro-tours for 10 pin, don't they? Oh ya, Indrid, pins are quitea a few ounces every, they are an even 4 pounds instead of the usual 3 pounds and 6-8 ounces, can't remember. When I goto work Ill measure a pin.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I bowl an average of 220 and I just turned 17 years old. So I really like bowling and want to take it up pro. But the thing is I have to get surgery on my back next monday april 19th because I have scoliosis a 50 degree curve in my spine. So I cant bowl for about a year. But I dont every forget how to bowl I will be back in action soon. I really want to join a league but I think you have to be 18 right? I also pick up almost every spare when I am not messing around. I can bowl a 170 under my legs average.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
What about midget bowling???

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
That's a hell of an average to have at your age. Leagues can be any age, it's just getting a person to be on a team with. I'm bowling in a Double's leage, was with another mechanic, now I'm going to bowl with a cook, if he can stay not-high for 2 hours. But anywho, my average has went up 45 pins in the past 2 months which is good from what I understand.

In a year, you won't forget how you bowl hopefully. Just think about it once in awhile and always remember your pattern. I know one guy, he bowls on average like 240-250 on good days, and he didn't bowl for like a year and a half and came back doing it. Also one of the only people that I've heard of picking up several 7/10's, the dreaded 4-7-9-6-10. He's had every split picked up with no problem, his only problem is when you get him to bet, his average goes down to 130-140, he can't bowl under pressure.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Ok thanks for the advice man I will try every day and remember my approch. That is my biggest worry I was seriously thinking about taking bowling into a career because I am pretty good. I am afraid of losing my talent but maybe my spine being straightend will help? Maybe it will mess up my whole approach? I dont know for sure but I will take that advice. Thanks.
Monday is getting closer omg I am scared..........

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
It shouldn't, if anythiing give you more of a chance to move around. You should go in to bowl for a bit before surgery if ya can like a few days before if ya get the chance, or allowed too. And make sure you remember your approach and just burn it into your brain and do not double guess yourself, so you should be fine.

But that's my problem, that and I don't slide. Getting my Freak Out resurfaced for rougher texture so it will hook harder for me, the problem with it is I can't adjust to used lanes, has to be fresh because where Im a mechanic, I know what lanes are fresh and hold them out for my practice. If it isn't fresh, I run the machines.

Also, find out what Program or Setting the Houses Oil Machine is set on, we use 3, the easiest one. But since it's a Phoenix, may differ on the program but same pattern.

top topics

join