It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roads with no shadows- Mystery roads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Hi, i want to apologise for my earlier conduct, but heres a subject I picked up from a book called Great Australian Mysteries 2 by John Pinkney. The subject is about a phenominom called Mystery Roads, a sysnosis of the phenomenon from the book is

The phenomenon, bizaare and frightening, has been reported in most countries around the world- and Australia is no exception. The ordeal (or illusion) begins when a motorist detours onto a stretch of highway that seems deeply unfamiliar, and drives desperatly for a long stretch of time before finding and exit.

Right now this all sounds quite normal until we hear the next part, the part that really is bizaare;

..there is a complete lack of birdsound and absolutely no shadows.

I will write down storys from the internet and from the book onto this friend, if anyone has any simallar experiences described i am, and im sure teh rest fo us are happy to listen

PS sorry about the quotes and lack of ittalics, i'm still getting used to ATS's system

[edit on 7/1/09 by InternationalistNoAliens]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Ok, i've just searched the internet and found little info, here is a story from the book, it concerns Kenneth Barnett and his wife. Qouted abou their experience

My wife and I were traveling on the New England Highway from Tamworth to Armidale. We came to a detour sign which directed us onto a small road. The track was very narrow and edged by poplars. Although the sun was well-risen, neither the trees nor the car threw shadows.

They describe driving for a day, they describe how the car lights didn't work and how the lighter Kenneth used would not light.

This is a strange story but I will keep reading and looking for storys online

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Here's the link to a thread that i remember dealt with a similar phenomenon, told by someone who actually experienced it.

Out of place

join