It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many times do I have to repeat myself? .... Hollywood is pulling the ultimate mind trick on you.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

It's not really Anonymous is it? what with the IP address of the poster, as well as the embedded GPS program lines in say, Windows, so readily available to the servers and monitoring agents as proscribed by laws such as the ones in the US Code as per say the Electronic Surveillance and CyberCrimes Act among others, it's not really Anonomous at all. Privacy is the greatest illusion of all. It doesn't exist. Just download an IP sniffer, get someone to send you a PM or whatnot, pull up the MSDOS command prompt or script, ping that IP address you get or enter a WHOIS (IP address) or whatnot or take a job with ATS and pull it off the archival database they are required by law to keep and maintain. Whatever your method, you'll quickly see what I mean. As enticicng and legigitimate as your offer may be. Get real, if you were an insider TPTB would spot you a mile away. Naivity is the key to ignorance. Educate yourself.

Just look at signature on here. Legally electronic signatures are admissable in Court so despite that I don't use one it disturbs me to see the word signature applied to my posts, despite using the editing option to not use it the word still appears and a crafty lawyer could arguably use it as a consent to a electronic signature of sorts though it's not meant by me to be there at all on any of my posts or threads or what not. Anonimimty. Privacy. Hah! No such thing. Put that in a movie. I'd like to see the IP address and electronic signature conspiracy theories exposed. Fortuanately, I don't care who knows what I know or believe I know, so I've nothing to hide. I just like the dream that I might have the option to hide things if I so chose. Why not, TPTB do. Anyway's good idea for a Board since it such a broad enough theme to cover many vast threads.
Now, watch I'll leave the "use signature?" block blank and Edit my post. You'll see the Edit Post info and right below it you'll see the word "signature". Ahh. There it is.
Oooh, maybe MS will sue me for revealing the 4 program lines for the GPS (Global Positioning System) via the IP address in their Windows Operating Systems. I usually remove them from mine, this is my folks PC here so I can't. Maybe they'll get me for that too. Like I care. LOL. Aren't Conspiracies great.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by PhyberDragon]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Movies like the matrix fight club MIB and similar movies that have the main idea that states that the world you see is not real are number one on the list of movies that have numbed us to what they are doing. The first tell you that someone is hiding something from you then make it so unbelievable that in the real world you say that could never happen. I’m not talking about a message that forces you to go out and do something compel you to eat a burger or kill something. I’m talking about a message that tells you that this couldn’t be real or this is real. And many believe it. Case in point a man sands outside a door as if waiting for something. A few min. later someone else is waiting behind him within hour the line is around the building. All of them think someone ahead of them knows something. When in fact the guy in the front of the line is a college kid proving a point. We are all conditioned to fall in believe what we are told and hope someone else knows what they are doing so we can follow them. All I am saying really is question what is represented as fact or fiction. Question what is written in your books. Question what is accepted as historical fact. How many times have the history books been edited and what was changed. And if your religious question how many time your religious book has been edited what was left out of it and why what was added to it and why. Study all sources available to you and as questions of others that may have better resources. And point it out every time you find something that strikes you as not quit right.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit_earth

Exactly. Who i work for or have sold to does not matter. Im telling you though, that at least from my experience what you see on the screen is pretty much how we write it. And i dont have an agenda......or do i......lol. No, but really. Don't be afraid of everything. Oh and to your "btw" of course its subliminal. ...in a way. I wouldn't put it that way. People are shallow. They like shiny things, and things that go BOOM.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by TheController]

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

[edit on Sun Jan 11 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
It is absurd to think that your such a big writer that your stuff reaches a global level and if it does then why would they want to use you to reach a audience they could reach with a much better artist that is already writing for them and easier to manipulate

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by redwolf.of.odin
It is absurd to think that your such a big writer that your stuff reaches a global level and if it does then why would they want to use you to reach a audience they could reach with a much better artist that is already writing for them and easier to manipulate

First of all, rude. You have no idea who i am, or what i have written. And did i say my stuff reaches a global level? If i was looking to show off i would have told you guys what i have written. And i agree with you. If they did have the intentions to brain wash they wouldn't use me. Good point. You could have easily said that with out being rude. Just so you know.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Well you tell us 'I just wanted to say that im a screen writer and most everything you see in the movies is just written up by some fool like me sitting in his house' Ok and how do you know what exactly goes on in these picture companies in-house?, you are just going off 'the industry norms' as to how youv'e been taught your industry profession weather it be by the Illuminati controlled and manipulated education system or whatever and not what these companies are specially doing in-house, it's like me saying i'm a police officer and other police officers on the other side of the world wouldn't do this or that. Not all people are shallow i ain't and no not all people like shiny things and things that go BOOM...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Do I think Hollywood is brainwashing people? To an extent. I think certain writers/directors/producers do put themes in their films that most people don't recognize. A great example would be "Eyes Wide Shut" & the obvious "The DaVinci Code". But at the same time, there is a movie about everything. You can find anything coincidentally in several films and view it as a master conspiracy. I don't believe Hollywood is brainwashing people as much as TV is. I mean, you can take a movie like Fight Club, or Memento and find numerous hidden meanings if you look hard enough, but what about films such as Alvin & The Chipmunks, Walk Hard, Iron Man? None of these films coincide, therefore, no master conspiracy. I think there are just as many films that spread a message of anti-control as the ones that say "shut up, buy a truck, eat a big mac and go to work."

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
As much as I agree with people about Hollywood putting subliminal images in their media, I have to say that Youtube video is kind outlandish.

Half the things it shows CAN have some relevance out of what they are pointing out, but a lot of it doesn't even have that great of evidence.

It's movies like that, that give people to the cause the title "Conspiracy Nut"

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Let me start by saying I do believe that there are small and big conspiracies that effects the world and i never take things at face value, but the associations you draw are very weak and easily could be coincidence. Our society is full of symbolism; that is the nature of human culture. Every symbol you show, is used in in every corner of the world, of course they show up in movies. Further fight club is a movie about secret societies and enlightenment. It is not a stretch to think that the set designers and director of photography added to the semiotics of the movie by throwing in lots of spooky symbols.

Further, where you saw symbols I often saw unavoidable tricks of light bound to show up in an long piece of film with dramatic lighting and consumer logos that permeate our society. Is the standard recycling symbol part of a conspiracy or just something that is easy to remember as a symbol from recycling? We need some symbol for recycling, can you come up with one that is not reminiscent of some arcane symbol that at some time has been associated with conspiracy?

In all investigations, experimental science, detective work, statistics, there is the signal/noise problem also called the false negatives/false positives problem. The harder you look for something the more often you will find it, even if it is not there. It is as important to throw away false leads and find true ones because false insights, distract you from the truth, lead you to the wrong conclusions and undermione your credibility when you have to convince someone less paranoid. There are many ways to tell if you have gone of the deep-end into the realm of paranoia using some rational methods. Here are two:

1) Assume the people running the conspiracy are intelligent and somewhat rational. Are they making the best use of their time, money and risk of discovery in doing this activity. Is the payoff to their goals worth the cost? What do the conspiracy have to gain by tampering with this movie? Is it the best use of their resources to achieve whatever goal?

2) Look for facts and evidence that contradict your thesis not just the ones that support it. The overall message of fight club is very anti authoritarian and the protagonist is clearly crazy. How does that fit in with your hypothesis that the conspiracy wants to use this movie to desensitize us to conspiracies. Is this the best use of their time and resources?

3) Look at something that you are confident is not part of the conspiracy or has the opposite agenda and try to find facts that prove it is? If hollywood is filled with conspiracies, find an independent of comparable length and subject matter and see if you can turn it into a conspiracy film. If you can, your paranoia level is too high.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

The iluminati own Hollywood. A letter to the Sheeple on theforbiddenknowledge.com is an arrogant letter from one of these people

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
The sheep said to the trickster. "how is it you led me to the wolf?"
The Trickster said, "I didn't lead you to the wolf...I merely was walknig by and you fallowed."

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

OMG, OMG, OMG! Thanks for that Great Dragon Slayer dude (no disrespect intended i mean you just blew that lid right off haven't you. *Thanks!)

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I couldn’t say it better than that. the conspiracy for something is deeper in the past like say the super hero movies are they covering up for super heroes no but at the time the comics may have been written to distract us from something else and the store has just went on from the. Superman a crashed alien diversion from what happened in New Mexico maybe. Maybe not. X men diversion for the government funded humangeneome research maybe iron man come on the military is working on a prototype exoskeleton battle suit now I have seen pictures of it in solider magazine. How many years ago did they start that research all the sudden a working prototype is released to the military. Come on pull the wool off your eye and take a look around its everywhere.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DocWicked

Ya as I said before the anti control message is there but everyone sees it in a fiction movies and therefore a thing that cannot be practiced in the real world there again no one is saying the message are telling you to do thing in the contrary they are telling you how to think how to perceive thing. They are showing you what is real and making it unbelievable to you. They are showing what is not real and making it believe able to you.
And this not directed at any one person really it’s the hive the group social perception of what a thing is makes it real. You see if enough people in the world say the word “ain’t” instead of isn’t they will put it in the dictionary and make it a word. Same thing if enough people believe that alien are not real then. By social standard they are not and if you think otherwise then you’re branded. “Crackpot” “crazy” do you see a little of what I am saying. Please see it cause I can’t draw you a picture/

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit_earth

Are you just looking for someone to argue with? Thats what it seems like. Im pretty sure i said some thing to the extent "from what i've seen". It wasnt a fact it was my opinon/observation. And of course not everyone is shallow. A man like yourself may not say wow when he see's somthing go boom. But if 2 out of 10 are like you who do you think the target audience would be?????? Obviously the other 8. Come on, this is not a competition.

Correction, i said "from my experience" in my second post. It was just an opinon my friend.

[edit on 9-1-2009 by TheController]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Why do you insist on not seeing the point of what is said to you. You can not use your personal experance as a topic here because as I said before you wouldn’t be a canadate for there message to be included in your writeing because your addeance is not big enough unless you are Stephen Spealburg or M. Night or at lest there equal in the box office then your sreenwriting experience count for nothing on this topic.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Thank you so much, please tell us more, do you have the film ready to release yet? C'mon show us already, pull the mask back!

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Include my vote for the forum.

Ever since I read a thread here at ATS about how Neos passport from the The Matrix movie expired on Sept 11 2001, I now find myself looking a lot more closely at these kind of movies.

It showed me at least that there is a lot going on the background and sometimes in plain sight that we often miss.
And a forum to discuss movies would be great.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
Include my vote for the forum.

Ever since I read a thread here at ATS about how Neos passport from the The Matrix movie expired on Sept 11 2001, I now find myself looking a lot more closely at these kind of movies.

*IF* that's true (I don't remember seeing any close ups of Neo's passport in the Matrix) that would be a complete coincidence, nothing more.

It doesn't take a genius, let alone the active imagination of a film writer, to come up with an interesting date like 9/11, much like the numpty pilots who crashed their planes into the twin towers (uh oh, I've said it was a plane crash and not some ultra conspiracy -- do I get punished?
).

[edit on 9-1-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Yeh OK Neo's passport allegedly expires on 9/11 (I have not seen this in the movie but I will take your word for it) so that corresponds with the "terrorist" attack.

Sure.

Possibly coincidence?

Let's say for a moment that 9/11 never happened, this forum would be inundated with people claiming that Neo's passport stated that it expired on 9/11 and it meant 9-1-1.

This would then mean that Neo's passport is some conspiracy for a police state and that the expiration date of 9/11 is stating that the government are going to use the police and army to enforce Martial Law etc

A conspiracy would have been concocted anyway it just so happens that it is now attributed to the "terrorist" attack.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join