It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrifying Pro-Israel Commercial Has Fake Explosions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Terrifying Pro-Israel Commercial Has Fake Explosions

gawker.com

The attached ad, ostensibly raising money to help Israelis, aired during MSNBC's Countdown tonight. As a tipster pointed out, one of the explosions looks totally fake.

Check out that early shot of a presumably Hamas-fired rocket from the Gaza strip hitting Israeli homes. The resulting fireball looks almost painted on — very colorful and well-defined against a more blurry background.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
(I hope I'm doing this correctly-- this is my first post.)

Just caught this and thought the forum might be interested. This new commercial, soliciting aid to Israel (Israel. Yes, Israel. Not the other guys.) shows blatant Photoshopping with regards to that initial 'explosion.' I didn't think it was possible, but this war just got more disgusting.

gawker.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Israel's New War Ethic
interesting article i read here

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
ISRALIEWOOD!!!

j/k j/k.

Israel has shown is recent weeks that they are just as much of terrorists as Hamas is, neither deserve anyones support. I can certainly see it from both sides and clearly the Palestinians have been handed the short end of the stick, though neithers behavior is acceptable.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Isreal... a country that has been getting attacked since the beginning of time. And because they get back who attacks them makes them terrorists...yyyyeeahahh .. ok..

We got attacked on 911 and we fight back... does that mean we are terrorists.

Hamas is clearly a terrorist organization that some how took over the government... though they were 'voted' in. Either they are just stupid or they were manipulated and herded like sheep into voting them in.

Looks a lot like whats happening to our once great nation. The DSA.. ( Divided States of America )

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
How many dead Israelis due to rockets so far? 5 I think was the last count.

How many dead Palestinians due to Israels air strikes, artillery, and ground assault? 500 was the last number I heard.

The numbers clearly speak for themselves, Israel doesn't need nor deserve our support.
And faking advertisements asking for help isn't going to get them any support neither.

Both Israel and Hamas can knock their collective heads in for all I care.
Get the civilians of Gaza OUT. They are the ones who need and deserve the support. They're being bombarded, and they're not allowed to leave.

Propaganda makes me sick.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I saw the add as it aired on TV. I did not notice the explosion but I was appalled at the playing victim aspect of it. Israel receives 3 billion annually from the US, plus military technology, plus private donation from all over the world and they have the audacity to proclaim innocent Israelis are being terrorized? Hundreds of civilians have died in the Gaza strip compared with a handful of Israelis, the collateral damage/humanitarian aspect is even more one sided.

I almost wanted to call the number and let them have a piece of my mind.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
A person dying over this petty sh*t is never a good thing. However I’m glad that a new awareness has come out of this debacle. I think Israel will pay a great deal for this in the long run.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Even the camera shakes

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Excellent catch of the video

and what a terrible, disgusting, fake, exploiting commercial is this

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
Even the camera shakes

Oh my god, I didn't even notice that the first time...

it DOES!

*snort*
"Excuse me amateur film editor who has only just learned how to do a few basics... would you like to make propaganda?"
"mmmm, okay."

I don't know which part is more newsworthy; the fact that it's faked, or the hilariously horrible editing job they did in the attempt to fake it!

I've seen better editing on old genesis games.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by johnsky]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cio88
Isreal... a country that has been getting attacked since the beginning of time. And because they get back who attacks them makes them terrorists...yyyyeeahahh .. ok..

Seems the "attack" is in the same style also...

I can't tell if the explosion is fake or not, but that woman's voice sickens me for some reason.

She makes is sound like every Israeli is dying...

How many innocent Palestinians are dead from this conflict? And how many innocent Israelis?

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Did you hear that womans voice? It creeped me out.....her emotions were so fake.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Yes they were. Absolutely. Positively. Definately.

Voice of a deceiver.

I'm starting to wonder if they are receiving rocket attacks at all now...

[edit on 7/1/09 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I want to punch the narrator woman in the face for her horrible voice acting.

On-Topic: Yes, that is fake. For one, the cameraman conveniently somehow kept up with the missile and managed to locate the spot it was going to strike just before the explosion. And two, it doesn't take a genius to notice how fake the explosion itself is.

Isreal... a country that has been getting attacked since the beginning of time. And because they get back who attacks them makes them terrorists...

No. The method of which they respond makes them terrorists.

Yes especially considering who attacked us on 9-11.

Hamas is clearly a terrorist organization that some how took over the government... though they were 'voted' in. Either they are just stupid or they were manipulated and herded like sheep into voting them in.

It's funny how Americans can spot election fraud in other parts of the world, but refuse to believe that their own government would do such a thing. Talk about being manipulated and herded like sheep!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Propaganda makes me sick.

Yes, and yours is especially sickening!

A photoshopped explosion...the power of suggestion works incredibly well with simple minded people!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi
[On-Topic: Yes, that is fake. For one, the cameraman conveniently somehow kept up with the missile and managed to locate the spot it was going to strike just before the explosion. And two, it doesn't take a genius to notice how fake the explosion itself is.]

The biggest tipoff to this fakery is how the cameraman shakes as if the blast wave from the explosion hit him. The problem is, of course, that the explosion is too small, too far away, and the timing is utterly wrong.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Fake or not, this add is nothing more than a survey by the msnbc to get a number count on their propaganda parade.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
If you really have commercials for this "war", which it self sounds totally crazy in my ears... Are there advertising from both sides, or just Israel?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join