It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewish World / Pro-Israel camp would be wise to heed Muslim cries for peace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Jewish World / Pro-Israel camp would be wise to heed Muslim cries for peace

www.haaretz.com

The Muslim Canadian Congress, has issued a statement holding Hamas responsible for precipitating the recent conflict in Gaza.
The statement begins by condemning the recent Israeli attacks in Gaza as "disproportionate," but quickly turns its attention to censuring Hamas. According to the congress, Hamas is responsible for using the Palestinian people as "human bait," in an effort to kindle an all-out war in Gaza.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/1/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Many thought that Gaza and the West Bank were inseparable entities until Hamas’s bloody takeover of the Strip in the summer of 2007 damaged that notion. Their 18-month rule is marred by lawlessness, extra-judicial public killings and gang warfare that is more reminiscent of Somalia than a civilised state.

Time magazine reported on the violence that followed the takeover then: “Gangs have tossed enemies alive off 15-storey buildings, shot one another’s children and burst into hospitals to finish off wounded foes lying helplessly in bed.”

Additionally, on the first anniversary of Hamas’s takeover of the Gaza Strip, the Christian Science Monitor found a lack of medicines in hospitals as well as of clean drinking water in the territory, and raw sewage streaming into the sea. And this isn’t because Hamas’s dignity prevents it from meeting the enemy.

Hamas’s vast propaganda machine around the Arab world mysteriously fails to report on the meetings between its members and Israeli government representatives. For example, after a 90-minute meeting with an official from the Israeli state electricity company in order to sort out the town’s electricity needs, the Hamas-affiliated mayor of Qalqilya told the BBC about the meeting: “It was civil, without any problem between him and I.”

By any standards Hamas has failed miserably. It has failed in peace, failed in governance, and moreover failed in war. In addition to Hamas’s ambiguous political agenda, their goal seems to be resistance for the sake of resistance, a quagmire where the journey really is the destination. It is time for Hamas to step down and allow more competent leaders to emerge before he causes even more damage to thier cause.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/1/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
this shows that there are many a good Muslims in the world who are tired of getting a bad rep because of a few bad apples. I hope many others step forward and criticize Hamas as well. That doesn't mean that Israel doesn't deserve criticism as well. Maybe pressure on both sides will lead them to the peace table.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Both sides are responsible, without a doubt:

Israel for sealing the exits and boxing in the civilians with Hamas.

Hamas for defending Palestinians from Israel's border expansions in the completely wrong way by attacking Israeli civilians too.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Sounds right to me. The weakest are great pawns in the great game of person-on-person atrocity. And if they don't like it? Who they gona call?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Well,I don't think I like hamas anymore.I don't care how tasty it is with pita bread!!!
Seriously tho its good to see that people are seeing the slimy games being played.People are seeing beyond the propaganda.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
anyone else see Hareetz has changed alot?

Basically the newspaper was failing and only being non-pro-palestine was the way for them to sell.

nuff said!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I might be an idiot, but one can't make lemonade with apples, just as one can't filter a city's water supply with Brita filters.

Gazans have been working with nothing, courtesy of the Israeli blockade, all they could work with was things smuggled in through tunnels.

And some people think it's Hama's fault, just because they don't bow down to the Israelis to kiss their feet to get trinkets in return?

Hamas was elected, because they had the trust of the people to do a good job, you will not hear in MSM that Hamas has been doing a far better job than Fatah, which is an unforgivable embarrassment to Israel and the US.

The Canadian Muslim Congress are self-serving cowards, I'm a Canadian of European descent and I say they are cowards for not standing up to this aggressive, violent land grab quest by the Zionists.

The Zionists simply want Palestians out of Gaza so they can have the 'holiest' piece of land on Earth, pure and simple.

Hey lets just kick Hamas out and place a Zionist puppet in place, that will improve things

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

We all love peace , and there is enough place on the planet for everybody , can't understand why people fight for a peace of land !!!
If the us government is so eager defending Israel , and giving it billions of dollars to kill , while millions of people die in Africa of famine , why deson' the usa give one it's states to Israel , this is a nice cute solution!
Maybe the zionists starts than showing the amercian people what it means to live next to zionists who beleive that God gave them Northerm America !!
Just imagine ...

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
And whoever blames muslims for being anti-semitic or ant-jews must be a total ignorant , because the muslims during the ottoman empire protected and saved the jews who where tortured and kicked out from Europe ! Please read history , and until nowadays there are thousands of jews living in Morocco , Egypt and many arab countries , if muslims were bad people , extremists , etc .. as the zionist propaganda is trying to show you to fool and brainwash you , they would have killed all jews in arab countries !
The zionists have caused world war 1 and ww2 , and their are working for ww3 , hamas wasn't then before ww1 , but they had to put the blames on someone of course ... bla bla bla oh yee we beleive you ...
respect to the peaceful jews , critians ; muslims , and all decent , sincere people , and hell to the liers and killers of children ..

top topics

join