It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google = NSA's tool?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Think about Google. Everything you do online is touched in some way by this company. Right now, I'm using the new Google Chrome browser. I use gmail, I use google maps, I use Google Talk, my wife has Google desktop etc etc.

Think of all the personal and private information that passes freely within their software. I can't think of any private organization that could potentially have more access to my private data, no matter what computer I'm using, than google! I know the spooks can use a wide variety of their own software based snooping systems in order to check up on us, and none of us like that, but here we are trusting everything to a company that most of us no nothing about. Well we all know the polished image we see about them, but we don't know what goes on behind closed doors..

Ok, maybe I'm just a little bored today and therefor I'm going on about something completely off base.....maybe I need a hobby.......

-CMMS

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Is it coincidental that one of GOOGs co-founders and co-CEO was named to Obama's "economic" team....???

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I often was aware of the same thought, it is a very vaild point when one considers the world turns on, and is controlled by information. So it seems most likely, someone somewhere will use this information at some time.

Google for instance, I never used Google from my own parish for years. Then for no reason last year I notice I am directed to this parish even when I use .com.

So you see, even if you are not paranoid, are we being watched?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
scroogle

scroogle

scroogle

This is not a one line post, look it up and change your search engine my friends.

problem solved.

elf.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Here is a relevant video of an interview with Google CEO Schmidt where he is confronted with a series of questions regarding privacy concerns about data being collected by Google being used by the government:

His response (1:14):

There is a problem with government where they have guns and we don't.

Strangely enough, that statement was delivered deadpan, even though it sounded like he was making a joke.

The statement, and his delivery, struck me as a little odd. .

[edit on 1/6/2009 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Thanks for the video clay2 baraka! That really summed up what I was saying originally.

And I will definitely check out scroogle! Thanks!

-CMMS

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by chemtrailsmakemesneeze

----None of the following is classified---
Google as with all communications networks world wide are used as an ancillery-augment to screening and doing analysis on ALL worldwide communications. Under the broad stroke of the NSA, we also have a very interesting technical resource in the NRO (national reconiciense office), we have what is publicly known in the US as dozens of "official" communications intercept and monitoring systems. The Russians have have long been better at HUMINT, or "human intelligence, in other words having a more extensive "spy" network then the west. Federal Security Service, or "son of KGB", and the military version GRU use electronic intercepts of course, but can put more people on the street, etc. Prior to USSR going "by-by" in 1989, they had deep links in the eastern block and other (like Cuba, Vietnam), and very good moles in CHICOM or Chinese intelligence, and much more. Hooks remain for the Russians in the Eastern Block.

The US has its world wide net that includes UK, GCHQ-government communications headquarters, or "son of Bletchley Park", where we tackeled the German Enigma codes. Then we have the Canadians run by numerous sources, including the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (seriously), which is a very capable and very extensive intelligence force in it's own right (Canada has long had a unified military, not Army, Navy, etc. Just called CAF or Canadian Armed Forces). In the southeren hemisphere Australia has its own communications intercept group at Pine Gap. This is monitored both by ASIO and ASIS. Both Australian counterintelligence group, like our FBI, second is like own version of our CIA. We maintain ground and perpetual air craft "ears", and underwater as well. This latter one I cant go into.

For some background the US NSA is a progeny of the Army Signal Corp, with ONI (navy) systems incorporations. Before the need to establish a rational way to co-ordinate information coming from very many sources during WW-1 a very wise man(Yardley) set up a communications intercept group small and compartmented that was called the "Black Chamber" This was set up in an obscure New York apartmentment, by a gentlemen in the US Army, who also had strong US Navy ties. You might check out on google "the Zimmerman telegram". The BC broke the code that offered Mexico a chunk of SW US terrortory if they invaded along our southern border, to take our mide mind off of Europes "problems". And it might damn well have worked. But we intercepted it and as this was a direct provacation as in act of war, we declared war on Germany. You know the rest. Oh, the secretary of state at the time, sorry cant recall his name off hand, closed it all down saying; "gentleman do not read other peoples mail" Right, and call me the flying nun. It took us post WW-2 with pieces of the OSS and the flu-flu loving Hover of the FBI, and all the military services a long time to pick up that mess.

Keep in mind "private" companies like IT&T, AT&T, and others including numerous radio/tv stations have long allowed the feds to monitor a whole lot of stuff. Monopolies for the most part just don't happen, they get the lay of the land and given certain "favors" to play ball. Thats the very basics.The internet is also monitored in the same way.

new topics

top topics

join