It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Irritates Me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I understand that this is the ran forum, so guess what? I'll babble on about crap that no one gives a crap about because I can. Within reason, I guess. Knowing the Illuminati type of moderation of these boards, I'll probably somehow be steppingon a landmine with every character I type. Well, probably not.

Anyway, that crap aside. You want to know what really bothers me most? Humans. At the same time, people are resourceful and there probably are many out there that contribute to societies in such a good way. Those people aside though, from what I have observed of a lot of the everyday people you encounter, or the everyday people that you might listen into the conversations of, do you just notice how pointless it all just seems? People starting arguments about nothing, going from one place to another place but ending up in the same place - nowhere. It's all so annoying.

Of course, at this point you're probably all thinking "Ha, yeah ok, Angry Potato. You don't strike me as a helpful member of the human race". I'll be totally honest and I'll say that's exactly right. I don't have any point to living this life, and it really drags me down. Probably doesn't help that I'm an antisocial recluse neither, but guess what? Even in social situations I can just sit there and listen into what people are talking about while I drink with mates and while their mouths move and laughs are about, nothing comes out of their mouths.

This leads me to question semantics on a daily basis and it does my head in. Also, the overly cliched "Why are we here?" question will pop up all the time. Why are we really here? It's almost some kind of sick game when you think about it. There really is nothing that is so great about the existence we lead. Or maybe it's just the existence I lead, I probably shouldn't try and talk for others. Everything is just getting really irritating, I guess. The monotony is boring, human behaviour of the modern world is overly annoying and I can stand it. Maybe I was just born in the wrong century or something. Or maybe there is a reason to living that I haven't discovered yet.

Still though, when you talk about the weather or the summer heat with someone, just wonder why such question has been asked? Of course, he probably asked for social interaction filler, but why is it even necessary? Why can't people comfortably share silence when words aren't even essential? That really irritates me.

I guess that's my rant over. I should have really come up with a good conclusion but I've never been too good with them, though, so again, I'll just say that I'm finished.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angry Potato
Knowing the Illuminati type of moderation of these boards

Funny stuff.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Yeah, sometimes I even amuse myself!

So now I'm off to down a bunch of alcohol because I can.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
It scares me that their are allot of other people out their who have litterally the same thinking style as me, i've looked through your profile.. i love what you've said above for the fact that i have the exact same issues irl, my thought process seems like that of yours
i'm quite excited, the internet is a wounderfull place.... really.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Angry Potato

Humans, like all animals have good and bad. I am an animal lover, but have met some mean cats and dogs in my lifetime. The same goes with people, and it may be that you are just surrounded by the meaner ones. We aren't all that bad, and if I just judged the mean dog that tried to bite me or my sons, I would never have any dogs.

Weird analogy, but it makes sense.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Angry Potato

You know what really grinds my gears? (sorry peter)
people walking really slow in shops... just shuffling along not doing anything!!

And when you get past by either barging or the very sarcastic "excuse me"
they look at you like you're in the wrong??

I mean....bloody hell??

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
So sorry you don't enjoy life and dislike humans.

I must be an oddity as I love every minute of life and find humans very amusing.

Hmmm, I wonder if the medication has anything to do with my attitude

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Um...Well, help me turn this frown upside down.

Have you got any cliched positive affirmations you want to force upon me?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Not if you're going to have that attitude...no

Cliche isn't going to make you feel better. I for one enjoy the little short existense have. I get to experience things and if that makes me look worthless in another persons eyes...oh well...their problem..not mine

The way I see it is this...

If I live to 75 and for 4 years I have the time of my life (no pun intended) then on my death bed I question it all...even if I come to the conclusion that it was pointless...even if I find in the end the Goddess doesn't exist and I will soon roty...at the very least I can say "Dang I had a great time and a hell of a run"

Cheers to all

-Kyo

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I can't remember the whole story but there was a guy talked about how he wanted to end up at the pearly gates to heaven.
He didn't want to be standing there clean, cultured and calm,having left a sizeable estate to dutifull heirs and feeling collected.
He wanted to stagger up to the pearly gates, broke , frazzled, worn out with a maniacal grin saying "Holy $#!t! What a crazy ride!"

Or something to that effect...

I guess the point is to pick one thing you love and do it til you drop.
Better than sitting around feeling crappy.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by badgerprints]

join