It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highest US civilian award for Former Australian Prime Minister John Howard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Highest US civilian award for Former Australian Prime Minister John Howard

www.smh.com.au

Former prime minister John Howard will be honoured with the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest civilian honour that can be bestowed by a United States president, in recognition of his role in fighting terrorism and standing by the US as an ally.

"The President is honouring these leaders for their work to improve the lives of their citizens and for their efforts to promote democracy, human rights and peace abroad," White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said as she announced the list on Monday Washington time.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I seem to recall the majority of Australian's voting him out of office because we were sick of his political bull*snip*.

So the US is giving him a medal now eh? For what? Joining our country into a war that should never have occurred? For making the cost of living for poorer Australians so out of reach that many have been forced to attend charity food lines in order to feed themselves? Or is it for systematically ignoring all opposition to his political decisions and earning the nickname "Little Bush"?

I could ramble on for hours about how this man does not deserve a medal, but then thinking about who is giving it to him I am not all that surprised.

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
There must be some clerical error. They've accidentally given him the wrong medal.
They were supposed to give him the Thanks For Being A Good Little B***h medal.

join