It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jupiter about to ignite?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
These stories are starting to show up on the net. Google them if you like. Supposedly, the probe that circled Jupiter and photographed many of it's moons and was later sent on a death mission by entering Jupiter's atmosphere and (maybe) crashing down or gently floated down into the planet has a nuclear weapon of sorts on board. This will be triggered when the time is ready to give us a second sun temporarily. This is when the next Jesus will appear (false God) to fool the religions of the world. This person who ever he or she is will be used to bring a new false religion. Jupiter has a very heavy gaseous atmosphere and can be ignited and will burn for a certain amount of time before flaming out. Jupiter is thought to be more like a brown dwarf. (A star that can't ignite or sustain the nuclear fusion required to be a star.)

They will use the network satellites around the world to broadcast this message by just taking them over. I do find this highly suspect and may just be another grand " John Titor" story. Has anyone else heard of this?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Pretty sure it's a hoax. There was a comet that hit Jupiter not too long ago and nothing like that happened. The comet left a couple of HUGE earth sized marks, but that was it.

It's also playing on the same thing they said about igniting nukes in the atmosphere on earth. Some thought it would happen then, but of course it didn't.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Jupiter does NOT have enough mass to become a star. Anyone who suggests differently is having a laugh.

IRM

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Those Meteors that impacted jupiter created more heat and explosive force then our most advanced weapons. If that doesnt make it ignite then nothing will.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, the words you want to search the Internet for are "project lucifer".

I no longer have the links; but, I followed the story for quite awhile. There were some strange 'coincidences' in that the "Lone Wolf" who posted the one and only original story (source) had a predicted date which at that time DID match up with NASA's page of the expiration of Cassini. Later though, NASA changed the 'mission' schedule. Coincidence or synchronicity or just plain chance, I do not know ... but I DID see the schedule change.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Those Meteors that impacted jupiter created more heat and explosive force then our most advanced weapons. If that doesnt make it ignite then nothing will.

Yabbut...They weren't nuclear explosions. I am sure you realize that.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
If you want to see Jupiter become a star watch the movie "2010". You really need to post some data, links and etc. to make your case. I find this subject fascinating, but without some kind of theory with some kind of proof this thread is liking asking will the sky fall!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The point of a nuclear explosion is the amount of energy it produces..... those impacts where more powerfull than you can imagine obviously..

the word nuclear does not imply some magical powers to create fires.
its just more efficiant and doing what it was build to do... produce energy in the form of heat.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I heard on C2C last night that the sun contains like over 99% of the mass of our entire solar system. So the mass of Jupiter doesn't even come close.

There are multiple holes in the story. I heard of it over a year ago and with a bit of research it was easy to disprove as even likely possible.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a nuke going off wont cause a fire on jupiter. Its not like jupiter is full of oxygen and hydrogen or some other fuel for it to flame up.

For jupiter to become a mini star it would need a lot more mass to increase its gravitational pull which will allow the fusion to happen by overcoming the nuclear force.

only way for jupiter to become a sun is to maybe crash saturn and neptune into it. overcourse then we have ot worry about asteroids.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
There is no possible way that Jupiter could ignite

It is way way way too light, its mass needs to increase hundreds of times (at least, not sure of the exact figure) for fusion to occur.

Im sure this hypothesis has been put forward many times before, and each times it has been disproven

This is when the next Jesus will appear (false God) to fool the religions of the world. This person who ever he or she is will be used to bring a new false religion

The above however.....well Ive never heard that related to Jupiter,

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It all sounds pretty similar to 2010

I really hope that this is bull. Who has the right to explode a planet? its not like Vader wants to wipeout a hidden rebel base or anything. I kind of liked the idea of sending cassini down to get up close and personal, but Galileo showed us that crashing into a planet wasn't as spectacular as hollywood could have imagined.

lets just focus on F-ing up one planet at time.....

Project lucifer

[edit on 5-1-2009 by drsmooth23]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
lol who cares?

I dont mean that in bad way...

What i mean is lil ol jupyy will go BOOM and make us another sun.. becouse thats what it would be = bye bye humans

pointless

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I once saw a tv documentary, Planet earth, about the solar system... mid 80's... documentary had said, if Jupiter had been 7 times larger, it would have ignited to become a 2nd sun...
it dosnt have enough mass, in its curretn size...800,000 miles in diameter.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
compared to the sun.. over 2 million miles in diameter,..if i remember correctly.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Guys, this is old news.

Jupiter is still a planet!
www.cbsnews.com...

The pressures even halfway down into the atmosphere would have crush the plutonium pellets causing somesort of exsplosion most likely and yet nothing happened. If they some how didn't burn up on entry there is no way they could have survived for 5+ years near/on the surface of Jupiter. Most likely the heat created during the probe's entry into the atmosphere would have caused the probe to rip apart and melt and basically vaporise. The plutionium wouldnt of even had a chance to reach a point of exploding.

Cassini is suppose to impact Saturn, but since Saturn is smaller than Jupiter I wouldn't worry about it either.

[edit on 5/1/09 by Pfeil]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by aceace
This is when the next Jesus will appear (false God) to fool the religions of the world. This person who ever he or she is will be used to bring a new false religion.

Im gonna be different and ask,,,,if your coming back that is,,, about this quote,where did you find that information from and false religion?

Maybe its just a new one that this day and age needs.

Light and Love

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Why jupiter can not go nova:

1. The design of the radioisotope thermoelectric generators (RTGs) supplying energy to the craft wouldn't allow it.
2. The physics behind a nuclear explosion (nuclear fission) wouldn't allow it.
3. The physics of how a star works (nuclear fusion) wouldn't allow it.

source

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I dont understand the physic side of things but

Why jupiter can go nova----- because anything is possible when theres no 100% proof of being impossible,,unless you made Jupiter

Theres no real point in replying because it will be over my head.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It couldn't ignite, you would need x amount of plutonium 238 to start the reaction, and even though the craft had more it was seperated into smaller compartments so they would cause a fission reaction. Because the craft would hit Jupiters atmosphere at a speed of about 100,000 miles per hour, the pressure would tear the craft apart, any small bits would melt and the plutonium scattered about.

Now someone mentioned no Hydrogen, wrong, Jupiter is mostly hydrogen, just not the right sort.

Anyway I could go on and on how it would work, but instead I will point you to a website explaing the flaws in igniting Jupiter. www.badastronomy.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join