It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC: Obama picks Panetta for CIA director

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Really? I did deride Obama for doing something new? Where?

I said " You deride him for doing something new and innovative, by picking someone without intelligence experience..."

Here:

Originally posted by jerico65
Earth to Obama: We are at war!!

A bean counter in charge of the CIA. Change we can believe in!!

I hope that clears it up for you.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
How exactly is he qualified to be the director of the CIA? His bio doesn't really have anything that stands out in the intelligence field.

hes a gray,thats all the qualification needed.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Why all the concern about recycled politicians based on their party loyalties? Look at how many members of Bush's team that have worked for their Party all the way back to the Nixon years. This is S O P for politics; those who have proven their loyalty are rewarded with high ranking positions, regardless of their experience and expertise.

Most of us suspect that the policy decisions are actually made by the shadow government whose names we will never know and whose faces we will never see. The politicians who take the high profile positions are mere functionaries who are doing as they are told - much the same way as corporate managers (mid-level) follow the directions passed down from above.

"Mine not to reason why, just to do and to die"

If it were not for that belief, there would be no need for ATS. So, sit back, enjoy the show but remember that the basic trick for any magician is to create an illusion than looks more convincing than reality.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join