It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice the American Way!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Did you know, for example, that pot was a "lower class" drug that was popular with blacks in the 40s and 50s, so it was made illegal? I don't know about you, but I think that was a conspiracy to jail more black people!

Yeah it was a lower class drug alright. But it wasn't made illiegal until it was found out that white people were starting to use a 'black people' drug! Couldn't have that, now could we?

Interesting to the contrary: The Bayer company actually formulated and sold a product called Heroin (yes the one we all know and love) and sold it for the same purpose and use as Aspirin, which they invented 3 years later. The Gov't shut down the heroin thing because they found out people were getting hooked on it.

Another feature of my blog will be, "Make up your own conspiracy". I always think of these. Like how Americans pay top dollar for Foster's, Beck's, Amstel, and Corona, yet in the countries of origin, these beverages are considered worse than pisss. And why is it that even though I'm really attracted to intelligent brunettes, I always end up with stupid blondes? There has to be a conspiracy there!

DeltaChaos is vewy, vewy tiwud!

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
lol well, thankfully, I too am attracted to smart brunettes, but don't settle for the dumb blond.

More to the point, I didn't know, actually, that they made it illegal when they found out white people were doing.

And about heroin, the US decided that was the demon drug, to be outlawed outright. England actually perscribes heroin as a pain killer. We use morphine. Both are uber addictive, but if you abuse heroin, you can feel better (from what I saw on trainspotting. I go by the "it's so good, don't even try it once" mentality when it comes to that drug going in introvenously!)

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Actually Pot/hemp was made illegal for many reasons, not the least of which was that new (at the time) hemp processing technology for fiber and paper products was going to get in the way of DuPont's new synthetic fibers and hemp paper was going to hurt the paper mill business.

Ok, this is not the thread for that stuff but don't get me started on this subject....

<< 1   >>

join