It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Pineal Gland Research

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I wonder if increasing seratonin levels increases the body's ability to activate the pineal gland.

a simple fast way to increase seratonin is to go to your local vitamine shoppe or maybe GNC, and order something called 5-htp it converts much more as a % to seratonin than L-tryptophan

another way to reduce stress and also keep seratonin levels at a decent level is to include/ combine 5htp with a saint johns wort that is standardized with a hperforin content , i believe it acts as a NATURAL inhibitor or regulator of seratonin levels..........i have taken these supps for years and the only thing i can say is that i think it is easier for me to think in a creative free way and in a calmer way. I find that when raising my seratonin levels my mind is more flexible but that sometimes i have to use a bit more a determined will to obtain a razor sharp concerntation level, usually a cup of coffee will do the trick .

anyhow good info on decalcifying and it appears that the closer to 40 someone is the more decalcifying they will have to do

also a note on frankensense it is claimed by some to increase oxygen to the pineal gland and you can do this thru smelling it or drinking it in a tea....so is sandalwood for that matter

[edit on 7-1-2009 by cpdaman]

[edit on 7-1-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This whole thread has been very interesting, especially the cosmic conciousness part, but I didn't see any links to studies detailing what effects fluoride has on the body or the pineal gland specifically. If someone did post them, please point them out to me, otherwise I remain a bit of a skeptic to the "government keeping us docile" thing. I usually don't buy into a conspiracy theory unless there is a lot of hard evidence, not just speculations and random comparisons.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
What an excellent thread! Just yesterday I was reading about the pineal in another thread, and mentioned a theory I read stating that the Egyptian trinity of Isis, Osiris and Horus was meant to symbolize the pituitary, pineal and thalamus respectively, and that the Eye of Horus is a symbolic representation of a cross section of the brain. When I read that, and knowing about the calcification of the pineal, it made me see those drawings of a mummified Osiris in a different light.

Another theory concerning the lack of functioning of the pineal (besides calcification) that I haven't seen discussed in this thread is that of light pollution. The pineal requires darkness to function and light inhibits the secretion of melatonin, probably '___' as well. Which makes me wonder about the (ancient) powers that be and the eradication of moon goddess worship and vilification of all things "dark" in favor of sun god worship and all things "light"...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Nameless Hussy

What a great observation. I wonder if the conspiracy could possibly be that ancient.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

Wonderfully thought out, researched - you've earned a star from a practising neuroradiology doctor!

Every day i look at Brain CT and MRI scans (including today).

Lately - for a few years - i have begun to notice the pineal more and more. Why?
A hunch of mine is I am seeing more cysts than ever - above the accepted 5-15%
It seems nearly 50% of the population (and possibly me with a 3-4mm cyst) have these.
Note that calcification - "the mark of the beast" - is normal and begins at age 7 (i year younger already than i was first taught in 1993).

Melatonin - wonder drug, not well understood, and a strong antioxidant.
Pineal photorecptors - yes, obviously, retinal elements and neuronal origin.
Whole texts on neuroendocrine pineal function are readily available on amazon and
elsewhere. The light paths to the pineal happened to be one of my old Medical school
neuroscience instructor's prime research projects - hence 'SADS' treatment with certain wavelength fluorescent light....

Many embryonal tumors can also arise from this region (germ cells get "caught" developmentally here while migrating instead of the testes/ovaries) and so the joke goes "third testicle" as well as the 3rd eye.

But it is worth mentioning chakras, and the embryology - the involution centrally of a reptilian 3rd eye into our CNS. Keep looking - you have more time than me - but you may stumble onto something wonderful.

If you need some scans, i may be able to help.

[edit on 1/28/2009 by drphilxr]

[edit on 1/28/2009 by drphilxr]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by drphilxr

Hi,
Just seen your reply whilst looking over the thread again for some references I'd misplaced.
You have got me thinking again. It would be very much appreciated if you were able to post some scans. I'm no expert but studied the brain a little at uni, I'd find it interesting to look at more than anything.
Take care.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

You write:
"It is interesting to note that as a foetus and during birth the Pineal Gland produces small amounts of '___'."

With no citing. Strassman's work is theory. Your above quoted sentence is incorrectly worded as a statement of fact, furthering the misinformation of this myth.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMayMelancholies

Hey MayMelancholies, wicked abbey road pic. I have started to look into the damage that fluoride causes, it seems to accumulate in the pineal gland, I dont think this is the same as calcification of the pineal gland, it seems fluoride accumulates in the gland:

It is now known - thanks to the meticulous research of Dr.jennifer Luke from the University of Surrey in England - that the pineal gland is the primary target of fluoride accumilation within the body.‘

fluoride alert site

this is a good article I read through, none of this stuff is hard to find with a quick google so i'm sure alot of you have already found this info...

the physiological effect of fluroide on the pineal gland

(I like pictures in posts!)

This is a cool experiment to find out how well melatonin works to protect brain cells and protection from free-radicals damage:

The researchers divided 24 rats into four groups. During the 28-day study, one group served as the control, another group received only fluoride, a third group received melatonin plus fluoride and a fourth group received fluoride plus a pineal protein derived from buffalos. The activities of antioxidant enzymes and markers of free radical damage in the brain tissue were measured to assess the level of oxidative stress.

melatonin link -not that good

and this old chestnut;

docile prisoners article by DEVVY

The hidden agenda: fluoride deception

which is still reason enough to throw that colgate out and get some aloe vera toothpaste (which is tasstttttyyy and makes me look forward to teeth brushing!)

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
That's interesting, because in my hometown when you've been marked then everyone that know the magic spell wil be able to see from your eyes and i think other senses too....wonder if it came from our pineal gland?
It's become somekind of mass histeria right now around my neighbourhood,
even children plays with it.....what a witchcraft country i lived in...
Is it got anything to do with nwo thing or what?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
OP, I thought you might find this thread of mine to be of interest if you haven't seen it already entitled Tryptamines and God. The pharmacratic inquisition has placed in RATS though, so you will need a RATS subscription to read it.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
S&F!

Will read this later, about to get out of the library and see some friends.

Love and Light!

=)

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by cancerian42
reply to post by 12.21.12

The sixth chakra's color is indigo or dark blue and some stones used for this chakra are Amethysts, Sugolite or sodalite?, lapis lazuli, and strangely enough fluorite violette which is calcium fluoride.

I had a shift in Consciousness, after someone suggested placing a Sodalite crystal as mentioned above on my third eye. I felt a pleasant tingling sensation, and then the sensation which originated in the center of my brain traveled down to my chest then my hands. at this point I was fully awake for the first time, the rest of my life was a dream like state by comparison. I felt all at once total peace, unconditional love, infinite knowing, and as I looked at two people in the room, I saw only my Self, and that we are One.

I recognized the ego as a dillusional sleep like state, and found this to be most amusing. I had never felt such pure joy, in this Unitive Consciousness. It stayed with me intensely for a short time and as I gradually returned to the normal state, I felt a pleasant headache like sensation in the center of my brain for a few days. I had never been happier, and there were no adverse side effects at all. After this I was gazing at an old lady in the street and again the sensation of tingling energy flowed from the pineal gland down to the body. I was again One, I saw through the form of the old woman and recognized her timeless consciousness as my Self and loved her unconditionally.

So yes the Pineal gland is the bodies doorway to the state of Unitive Consciousness, and I want to reactivate it which lead me to this thread. This was not just another experience that I had, it was that which underlies all experience, which you could call God, and it is the answer to all questions and is the solution to all.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by David H N]

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Do you think the picture on the American Dollar bill is related to geomatrical optics theorized by such theorist as Plato, Aristole, Euclid and Ptolemy? That we transmit ouclar beams or visual eyes through our eyes, to touch distant object, that radiate in cone shapes. This is how we can feel when someones 'eyes are on us'.

Maybe the image is also about opening up the third eye and has multiple meanings?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Maybe the pinal gland is were geometrical optics first takes place... like the image on the american dollar bill... the begining of the point of the triangle, starts behind our eyes somewhere (somewhere in our brain) and then is transmitted out through our eye in a cone shape

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join