It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did you know the world was mostly "bs"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
When at a tender age of 17 in war torn N.Ireland when I found out that Ian Paisley ( a piece of # who used to get the Unionist (think Israelis)people as pissed as he could against the republicans (think Palestinians) ) so they could kill and terrorise each other then he'd go off to his vast safe Canadian property whilst we had to live in the war areas that followed! A piece of information that wasn't widely known at the time by the cannon fodder.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I was 22 when I came to realize all the BS and I'm a little ashamed to admit that hey, I'm 22 now!

I grew up being taught to learn from the world and obey authority. I grew up beleiving that that stuff would get me anywhere I wanted to be in life. Mix in a passion for God and TONS of missinformation and outright lies and you've bred an idiot - me.

Regardless, I'm new to spotting BS and being true to myself. I must say that a good BS o'meter is absolutly nessisary in life, there's just too much BS out there! I am the EXPERT when it comes to knowing the consequences of not seeing BS. I have beaten my head against walls by following lies. I've converted people to the same religion I now see as BS. I've been fooled, played, manipulated and been the comical rufuse of my peers.

My eyes were opened to BS right after I thought my eyes were opened. Let me explain. I came across a web site that offered ultimate truth about all reality. Every thing made so much sense. It all struck a chord with me deep inside my being. I followed it's teachings to the letter. Then I came across another site that effectivly discredited the other site, the author and their assosiates. My world collapsed all around me! The injustice of it all left me p!$$%d! Really p!$$%d! Ever since, my BS detector has been turbo-charged and feuled with infinite energy.

This is a great thread and I'm happy to have it be the first that I've posted on.

Now days I'm pretty good at p!$$ing people off and making them laugh at themselves at the same time when it comes to calling them on their BS and the way they follow the BS of religion, authority social norms and what not. In my personal opinion, the people with the best BS o'meters are those that have unwittingly eaten it, enjoyed it and demanded more, then suddenly snapped out of it.

This is a little rant about my personal experiences, sorry to bore you all with my life story. I know I've misspelled alot of words but oh well, it's my two cents so, enjoy.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 100% Real

bleeping well said!!!

I think many can relate to that even if you are 22... like that matters? some just notice they have a BS metor

I was 7 :/ i never asked i just watched.. and trust me watching the BS is the worst part about BS.. im 27 lol

maths is BS.. thats my story...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I became skeptical about the world in 1992, it was totally finalised in me. Found out they where using mind control on me at school(this is a fact). I found out that people are pure scum, and have rarely had anything to do with them since i left school. It seems they have spent the rest of my life trying to destroy my life, so up yours to anyone here who took part in that, you people make this society the sh*t hole it is.

You would never know that there are people and groups working for the government and police that are there just to destroy lifes, and make sure there friends life flourish.

The world would be so much better without humans. So yep the world is bs, and the people deserve it to be, the way they are. I doubt there are hardly any real christians on this planet really.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkStar86

Interesting question DarkStar.

When I was at school I used to get good grades etc but I would always question everything and be thrown out of class for it. I would always ask "Why?"

Believe this or not but I once had a teacher who said to me one day after class "Always question everything"

I asked him "why?"

He said "because if you don't then it allows others others to fill your head with nonsense and believe me they will do just that"

Ive always remembered this and this is when I chose to adopt this viewpoint.

Also to add I do not think the world is mostly BS, I think that you just have to seek answers yourself rather than rely on anyone else to give you them. Opinions do no harm of course along the way.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStar86
Hi all, So the question is, at what age or time in your life did you begin thinking the world and most of what you were taught was a lie?

When you say a "lie" do you mean an intentional lie or simply not the truth? There is a big difference.

People in general are pretty messed up. Perception is so very relative, and I do believe most people believe their own lies (which means thery aren't really lies, they are just another point of view). Those that believe it can be "fixed" or it is the work of evil geniuses that manipulate the masses are as caught up in it as anyone else.

And as far as realizing, well I always knew people were all over the place morally and spiritually, however for a very long time I thought some segments were based on principals such as intelligence (i.e business segments). That was the hardest for me to accept, the utter stupidity and corrupt behavior that is acceptable in so many businesses.

That was the most shocking i think, realizing that most of the "higher ups" really aren't nearly as smart or in control as we would like to think. A lot of it is simply luck.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
As cliche as this is going to sound... I realized it when I first watched Fox News.

I couldn't believe people were allowed to lie so much or at least mislead on TV without any repercussions from their network.

Great point - this excellent documentary just about sums it up:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It happened quite recently actually.
I'd always had a slight inkling that somethnig wasn't quite right but I never knew how to express it or expand the thought until one day I was watching the news and it dawned on me, the news we read and watch on television is essentially information passed down a line of people, it's like chinese whispers or somebody saying their friend told the that their cousin said that their brother saw etc. Then I started examining what newsreaders were actually saying and realised that a lot of things aren't ecen based on facts, there are lots of words like 'alleged' and 'suspected' and everybody words things in certain ways to give a spin. All of the sources are 'official' and 'government sources'.

Then I ended up here and my brain went aha! I get it now...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
ive gotten this harcore. I no longer trust reality, doctors, scientists. THey all only live in their concrete realities, and say science can explain everything. Well i may have gone off the deep end, but if only they could really see

<< 1   >>

join