It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is war an inevitability?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Tonight I was sitting, watching the news with my dad at his place. A story came on about the government trying to decide whether or not they should continue having Lockheed-Martin build the F-22 Raptor jet or have them discontinue it.

What concerned me is that everyone they interviewed for the story seemed more concerned about trying to ensure we have the upper hand in any potential future wars, then they were about trying to find a way to live in peace and prevent future wars.

When I said that to my dad, he looked completly shocked that anyone could actually think that there was a way other than war.It seems he truly believes that war is an inevitability. He sighted that humans have been at war for as long as we have exsisted on this earth. He is of the mind set that wars will be around as long as humans are.

I conceded that disagreements may be inevitable, but the way in which we handle them is entirely up to us. I just dont see how war could be inevitable. The future (as far as I know) is not written in stone and there fore anything could happen. We could choose to go to war or not. Couldnt we?

We could kill the guy who cuts us off in traffic or we could go on about our business. We could shoot at people who play their music too loud or we could ask them to turn it down.

My father thinks I am naive in believing that war doesnt have to be our only option. I think he is naive in believing that their is no other way when there is a disagreement between countries.

When he asked about what other ways there could possibly be to stop another country, the only thing I could think of at the time ( I was a bit frustrated so it may not have been the best idea) was sanctions. If every other country stopped all imports and exports to that country, then perhaps they woould eventually run out of money, food etc and they would have no choice but to stop doing whatever it is they are doing. (like I said I was frustrated at the time and thats just what came out)

He pointed out people such as hitler and stalin. "What do you suggest we do if another hitler rolls around?" To be honest I didnt know how to answer that. I just truly believe that war is not an inevitability.There has to be other ways to reach middle ground. There has to be someway to end a disagreement with out resorting to violence.

Before I left his place, I said, I will prove to you that war is not inevitable. Disagreements mabye, but not war. He said how do you intend to do that? "well you would say we disagree on this issue yes?" Yes. well I dont recall either of us resorting to violence even once tonight. Then I gave him a hug and left.

So now im left wondering, IS war an inevitablilty? is war an instinct embedded so deeply into us that no matter how much we evolve we will always resort to it when we disagree?

What about people such as Hitler who by all means was a nut job? How do you stop someone like him with out resorting to war?Are we doomed to fight untill we are all dead? Is it really naive try and find a way out of a disagrement other than war?

Is war truly an inevitablility or is there another way? If so, what?

On a side note:

( I apologise for the OP being so long, I just had alot on my mind So thanks for reading the whole thing, I look forward to hearing everyones response)

[edit on 3-1-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
great post, excellant questions

i dont think War is "inevitable" , but at the same time I also think war has a high probability of occuring

heres a way to deal with Hitler peacefully (if we could go back in time)

#1- Dont let the international bankers fund his war machine

well there you have it, "the way to prevent war" IMHO

stop the funding

no $$$ = no war

"To run a war, you need 3 things. Money , Money, and more Money"

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

So now im left wondering, IS war an inevitablilty? is war an instinct embedded so deeply into us that no matter how much we evolve we will always resort to it when we disagree?

War will always be created, but wars do not have to violent. They could peaceful wars such as what Ghandi was doing and violent wars like WWII. War is not an instinct (well maybe a few people) evolution has nothing to do with what we do. War will always be around, in one form or another. No matter how much "evolution" we have. The only time war will come to an end is when we are in the next life.

What about people such as Hitler who by all means was a nut job? How do you stop someone like him with out resorting to war?Are we doomed to fight untill we are all dead? Is it really naive try and find a way out of a disagrement other than war?

One must understand that Hitler did what he did because all his life we was brought up hating Jews. He grew such a hate for a certain people, that that hate consumed him. But Hitler was a military genius he was incredibly smart, the only thing that stopped him was his greed and pride. Greed for conquest and pride in his military, when he attempted to attack Russia and Britian, a sandwich war is not what you wnat to be especially when you are the Sandwich. Stalin who killed more Jews than Hitler, did what he did (much like Hitler) to get rid of Inferiors. Once someone gets the mindset of being further evolved or more powerful or "priveledged" or Gifted there mind becomes warped. They become god and everyone around them is nothing but dirt.

Is war truly an inevitablility or is there another way? If so, what?

War comes in many forms like I stated above and with knowledge, war can be inevitable, but the price of it..people may not want to recieve, give or even look upon that option. Love, Unity, and Freedom maybe to much to ask. The Neo Nazi's, Black Panthers, KKK, Gangs, Mafia all have one option to be number one, to rise above all else. This is something that will inevitably lead to wars forever, unless man decides to stop, lay down there arms and hug there neighbors..with all differences aside.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives

War comes in many forms like I stated above and with knowledge, war can be inevitable, but the price of it..people may not want to recieve, give or even look upon that option. Love, Unity, and Freedom maybe to much to ask. The Neo Nazi's, Black Panthers, KKK, Gangs, Mafia all have one option to be number one, to rise above all else. This is something that will inevitably lead to wars forever, unless man decides to stop, lay down there arms and hug there neighbors..with all differences aside.

Yes, thats another bunch of groups I didnt even think of. What of the groups who's ideology is one of "superiority over others?

Some (if not all) of these groups would cease to exsist if was, and fighting stopped. So they are now in the akward position of trying to pick fights and start wars.

So what is the answer? Do we "get rid" of people who are in such groups or encourage such behavior? Do we live and let live and see how things turn out?

If we were to get rid of such groups, we would no doubt for groups of our own in the process and end up right where we started only with new groups. Or would we? Is there a way to get rid of such groups non violently?

I have so many questions on this topic and unfortunatley so few answers. Thats a big part of the reason im asking everyone here on ATS. I cant wait to see more of everyones answers.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

#1- Dont let the international bankers fund his war machine

well there you have it, "the way to prevent war" IMHO

stop the funding

no $$$ = no war

But how would we do that with out getting into a new war with the bankers? Its there money and its theres to do with it as they want I suppose. So if we swoop down and put restrictions on just how they can spend their own money I imagine there would be quite a few unhappy people.

So what do we do then? Do "take out" the bankers thus eliminating any possibility of them funding such wars? Or is there another way we could get them to stop funding the wars? Sanctions on the bankers mabye?

I dont know, it almost seems like we would be creating a chain of people we had to control in order to stop war. Chances are if we start trying to control everyone, the people of the world will eventually get fed up and start to wage war against the world dominering tyrants (even though we started out with good intentions)

So what do we do? Am I over thinking it? Is solution perhaps so simple that we are overlooking it? Is it complex?

I wish I knew. Any ideas anyone?

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
War and aggresiveness are a survival instinct that has been documented not only in humans, but also in chimpanzees. Chimps will instinctively form communities and then raid their neighbors (War on a small scale). They've been known to do it for seemingly no reason other than a dislike for the other group. Based on this fact alone, I guess it's not that surprising that we go to war with each other over our petty differences because, until proven otherwise, humans are merely glorified apes.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Pale Ebenezer thought it wrong to fight.
But Roaring Bill who killed him, thought it right.

There will always be men who desire more power, more influence, more control, and more dominance than those around him. He will resort to any level of violence necessary to meet his desires.

These evil men cannot be reasoned with as they are immune to the milk of human kindness. You cannot beg them, you cannot reason with them, you cannot appeal to their desire to do what is right, and you cannot touch their hearts with any emotional appeal whatsoever.

They will kill you and yours, simply because they can.

However, the Almighty God gave men a remedy. That remedy is war. That is the only remedy.

"Evil men, ruthlessly seeking your destruction through force, will ever be turned back by the greater force of goo men, through even greater destruction, more ruthlessly applied." Michael C. Riggs

I'm very much afraid I agree with your father. Within a couple more decades, you'll grow closer to his point of view as experience alone will draw you.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The way i see it is once upon a time rape was inevitable, i don't know how we treated each other when we liven on the savana and hunted game for food but i do know that for large stretches of our history a married woman was forced to sleep with her husband, now in most places around the world the thought of someone beating and raping their wife would be highly shocking.

Again with slavery, in the bible slavery is a fully accepted practice and remained so more or less untill fairly recently - imagine the outcry if the boys come home from afghan carrying arm fulls of plundered gold and the wives and children of their vanquished enemys!

I consider violence to be much the same, i haven't been in a fight for a very long time because quite simply avoiding them is easy. I don't avoid anywhere and i drink in some very violent places but yet i haven't needed to punch someone since school because i never give anyone a reason to punch me, i find that communication and understanding are more than enough to diffuse any situation.

War is the same, while we still have power elites and empires and nation states and ego politics then yeah we are going to have wars, while one group of people still thinks they need to dominate another then we will have wars - it's not the only way though and as people start to understand that war is never good for either side we will start to see wars fade away.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

This the same Hitler who grew up with a jewish nanny and loved her so much that he made the politically dangerous choice to save her from the nazi war machine when austria was invaded?

Hitler didn't war because he hated jews, hitlers war was to create a strong and fair germany -if anything he hated the power elite who had treated him so badly when he was homeless, when the german economy collapsed the only people who seemed to weather it well were the jews (mostly due to their strict obedience to holy money lending rules i.e. charge gentiles interest but not fellow jews) and thus a massive public distrust of the jews was easily turned into antisemitism. Hitler then used this wave of public emotion to get into power so he could greate his 'Germania' a land fair for all [blond haired blue eyed] germanic peoples.

How could you have defeated hitler? for a start england could have been nicer to them after WW1 and during the bad times the poor could have been fed not ignored, a transparent and honest system of governance could have clearly demonstrated the true problems in the german society / economy and presented sensible ideas for how to fix things.

Would a motivated and engaged population have rallyed behind a beer hall rabel rouser like Hitler? of course they wouldn't!

-oh and i forgot to mention, hitler was a rubbish general -HE decided Barbarosa was a good idea, he stopped building jet planes to work on the V1&2, he even moved all hiis tanks away from normandy and didn't let anyone move them untill after the allies were near paris. He wasn't a millitary genius -he was a nut job, lots of great dreams but they just weren't very practical.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by NatureBoy]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
I'm very much afraid I agree with your father. Within a couple more decades, you'll grow closer to his point of view as experience alone will draw you.

That is something I dread so much. I mean dont get me wrong, me and my dad get along famously, but when it comes to some issues (such as the one we discussed earlier) we differ completley. When we do disagree, LOOK OUT! The idea of me thinking like him grosses me out, but I guess thats how most people feel about there parents.

I liken it to something I call darth vader syndrome ( I know, im a nerd.) think of it this way, Luke had no idea that darth was his dad, but through out the series was the possibility that he could become just like his dad and join the dark side. Well my dad is like the dark side....

but too get back on topic, I truly hope my father is wrong but I often fear he is right.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy
The way i see it is once upon a time rape was inevitable, i don't know how we treated each other when we liven on the savana and hunted game for food but i do know that for large stretches of our history a married woman was forced to sleep with her husband, now in most places around the world the thought of someone beating and raping their wife would be highly shocking.

Again with slavery, in the bible slavery is a fully accepted practice and remained so more or less untill fairly recently - imagine the outcry if the boys come home from afghan carrying arm fulls of plundered gold and the wives and children of their vanquished enemys!

I consider violence to be much the same, i haven't been in a fight for a very long time because quite simply avoiding them is easy. I don't avoid anywhere and i drink in some very violent places but yet i haven't needed to punch someone since school because i never give anyone a reason to punch me, i find that communication and understanding are more than enough to diffuse any situation.

War is the same, while we still have power elites and empires and nation states and ego politics then yeah we are going to have wars, while one group of people still thinks they need to dominate another then we will have wars - it's not the only way though and as people start to understand that war is never good for either side we will start to see wars fade away.

I find that comforting some how. The thought that it is possible for us to get past this stuff.

You are right, there was a time when alot of attroucious things were considered perfectly normal and acceptable and today well, they are disgusting and shocking.

But I wonder, will we be around long enough to get past this stage, or is it just a stage? I mean in one way my dad was right, humans HAVE been fighting pretty much as long as they have been on earth. So if this is just a stage that we are going to grow out of, well, its one hell of a long stage.

So if it isnt inevitable, what can we do to make sure we are around long enough to get past this stage?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Let me just say this and I will back off a bit and give others a chance to speak their mind. (unless you reply to me directly)

My mom used to always say, "In order to change the world, you must start with yourself"

What that meant to me, woould fit appropriatley here.

What it meant to me is, If you want to change the world, then lead by example. If you want war to end, then act like it. Be peaceful and loving to everyone you see. If in your lifetime, just one person takes after you, then youve made a difference. Like that it could be possible to change teh world. If one person takes after you and some one takes after them ETC... But then again, that would take a while wouldnt it?

I wonder if its just to late no matter what we do. Are we going to end up destroying ourselves in the end? I hope not, I kind of like it here. Nice location, not to close to the sun, all kinds of cool wild life, and fun things to do...

Im afraid im coming up with more questions then I am answers. Is war inevitable? If not is it too late to change the world before we destroy it?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

So what is the answer? Do we "get rid" of people who are in such groups or encourage such behavior? Do we live and let live and see how things turn out?

Well thats a tough question. Getting rid of this group or purging is wrong, they have the right to hate whoever they want, but its when there actions take place that things get bad. Never encourage that behavior, but instedad try to talk to them, mind you it will probably fall on dead ears. So you make laws if they break a law, put them in prison.

If we were to get rid of such groups, we would no doubt for groups of our own in the process and end up right where we started only with new groups. Or would we? Is there a way to get rid of such groups non violently?

It depends if the new group has a strong makeup and strong non waivering leader (of course level headed as well). There is a way to get of rid of violent groups: One meet them with violence (which may make others rise up) or Secondly, Peaceful Protests, because if the group attacks a peaceful protestor it looks horrible on that group and now you probably have a lot of supports to close that group down. Peaceful war vs Vilonet War.

But how would we do that with out getting into a new war with the bankers? Its there money and its theres to do with it as they want I suppose. So if we swoop down and put restrictions on just how they can spend their own money I imagine there would be quite a few unhappy people.

Unfortunatly we have been at war with bankers for many ages. Banks are viewed as evil by many such people. Banks control a lot of what the average citizen does. Banks thrive in war and right now these economic times, War is just screaming to happen. Bankers Manifesto is a good read and my thread as well 9/11 and Hitlers Parliment building in my sig. I talk about the banks in there.

So what do we do then? Do "take out" the bankers thus eliminating any possibility of them funding such wars? Or is there another way we could get them to stop funding the wars? Sanctions on the bankers mabye?

Thats a tough one, nearly everyone has money in banks and money controls the most in people's hearts.

humans are merely glorified apes

That is a big reason why everyone is killing everyone, because hell after all we are all animals and if I want to murder someone its ok. This is my turf and I will protect it (Gangs and Neighborhoods), I understand private property do not get me wrong. Peole feeling superior to others like in the animals kingdom. If we remove the "animal" implant that has been shoved into our brains I gurantee you the world would be so much better.

This the same Hitler who grew up with a jewish nanny and loved her so much that he made the politically dangerous choice to save her from the nazi war machine when austria was invaded?

Yeah my bad, 1 Jew erases his hate for all the 14 million Jews he killed. Read his book and tell me he did not hate Jews and evryone else that was not pictured right in his mind.

So if it isnt inevitable, what can we do to make sure we are around long enough to get past this stage?

Its always been a stage, now mind you there were less killings in 1870-1930 than 1990-2008 (or at least I think so). The days have changed and the nights have changed. The way I see it is the stage ends when we all face death and enter the next world which will be far superior to this world.

Im afraid im coming up with more questions then I am answers. Is war inevitable? If not is it too late to change the world before we destroy it?

No, in the end everything comes to an end. Ever since the world came into existence it has been dieing, much like a child at birth as soon as it is born it begins to die. Everything leads to death. But its before death that we allow ourselves to make decisions and believe in things that could inevitably change the world. The second law of thermodynamics says it perfectly "everything tends towards choas". Nothing gets better over time, it will eventually come to an end. Death is only the beginning of a new life and a new start. But its the choices that we make in this life that will effect the way we see things in the next.

[edit on -06002009-01-04T11:15:46-06:00312009bAmerica/ChicagoSun, 04 Jan 2009 11:15:46 -0600, 1 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives

No, in the end everything comes to an end. Ever since the world came into existence it has been dieing, much like a child at birth as soon as it is born it begins to die. Everything leads to death. But its before death that we allow ourselves to make decisions and believe in things that could inevitably change the world. The second law of thermodynamics says it perfectly "everything tends towards choas". Nothing gets better over time, it will eventually come to an end. Death is only the beginning of a new life and a new start. But its the choices that we make in this life that will effect the way we see things in the next.

Ah very interesting. I just happen to agree to. except I think perhaps life, is the one thing that never comes to an end, but thats just splitting hairs.

I wonder though, Lets say we end up blowing the earth up, I mean nuking it lifeless. What then? are we stuck in some sort of limbo?

I know that question is off topic but I had to ask...

I always felt that our children, and our childrens children etc, should be a good reason to stop war and start healing the earth. They will be inheriting our mess, and chances are they will grow up to do just the same.

Is it possible to start instilling in our children that war is not the only answer, that it might make a difference? Is it possible that they could pass that on to their kids and so on and so forth? I just wonder if it would be too little to late.

On a side note, Two of the quotes that you replied to in your reply to me werent mine. The about "humans being glorified apes" and the one about hitler having a jewish nanny (or whatever it was) were both some one elses. Im not sure if you put those in there on purpose, I just wanted to let you know.

[edit on 4-1-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I had a strange thought yesterday.

What if humans have ALWAYS been here? And every single time, the human race is given a chance at infinite survival (as a species). But with this, the race is given the liberty to build the world around them.

Every time the humans got so far, it was never natural causes that made them become extinct, but their own faults.

So once they have caused ultimate destruction, this planet renews itself, erasing all evidence of life.

Then once again, a god puts more humans on another planet so far away to start again with the same circumstances and outcomes over and over...

Once humans finally learn to live in peace is the day that we learn the meaning of life, the past, and future. On that day, god will reveal himself and tell them of the challenge they have won. After that humans can enjoy eternal happiness.

Now - I highly doubt this is true - at least in the way I put it...but I thought it was a cool thought to post about

[edit on 4-1-2009 by FritosBBQTwist]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I wonder though, Lets say we end up blowing the earth up, I mean nuking it lifeless. What then? are we stuck in some sort of limbo?

Is it possible to start instilling in our children that war is not the only answer, that it might make a difference? Is it possible that they could pass that on to their kids and so on and so forth? I just wonder if it would be too little to late.

On a side note, Two of the quotes that you replied to in your reply to me werent mine. The about "humans being glorified apes" and the one about hitler having a jewish nanny (or whatever it was) were both some one elses. Im not sure if you put those in there on purpose, I just wanted to let you know.

Yes I did realize that they were different people, sorry for not making that clearer mate. On straight to your Questions, well I would say if it came down to haveing ourselves blown up by us, I do not think we would be in a LIMBO type area (of course everyone from the nukes would have to be dead), thats a question I cannot answer.

Yes it is possible to instill that into children. Look at the Amish, thats a great example of a people that are not very materialistic and have good moral values. They teach there children good things, but unfortunatly the children want to explore the world (which is very different from the Amish World that they know) and often they become consumed by materialism and luxury. Its possible to instill that into a child and have them pass it along, but for every good seed an equal an opposite seed is born. Much like the syaing for every reaction there is an opposite an equal reaction.

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist

What if humans have ALWAYS been here? And every single time, the human race is given a chance at infinite survival (as a species). But with this, the race is given the liberty to build the world around them.

Thats what I personally believe, that we have always existed as the humans we are today. The fall of man, introduced the beginning of a new age, but at the same time introduced death and choas.

Every time the humans got so far, it was never natural causes that made them become extinct, but their own faults. So once they have caused ultimate destruction, this planet renews itself, erasing all evidence of life.

Its a good theory and I think you should strat a thread about it personally.

Then once again, a god puts more humans on another planet so far away to start again with the same circumstances and outcomes over and over...

I think there is one God, but that theory is not a bad one either. It could put evidence forth for why we have all these planets. Every Planet so far shows how we have failed as a society. For instance Mars barren wasteland planet probably the cause of some sort of global warming..lol.. Jupitor probably nuked it, look at all the weather thats on Jupitor absolutly crazy. Interesting theory.

Once humans finally learn to live in peace is the day that we learn the meaning of life, the past, and future. On that day, god will reveal himself and tell them of the challenge they have won. After that humans can enjoy eternal happiness.

Its possible, but the creator is probably waiting for his creation to rise up and return to our former glorified status on our own. But if we do not he will end the world to usher in a new age, because honestly nothing gets better over time, unless it recieves help of some kind to possibly survive. But by us pushing ourselves away from God, society telling God he does not belong, its not so hard to see why the world is so bad off.

[edit on -06002009-01-04T16:43:15-06:00312009bAmerica/ChicagoSun, 04 Jan 2009 16:43:15 -0600, 1 by TheMythLives]

[edit on -06002009-01-04T16:45:15-06:00312009bAmerica/ChicagoSun, 04 Jan 2009 16:45:15 -0600, 1 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I already have a thread up about a theory on life...I believe "anything" is possible so to put that into perspective, a little of everything has to be looked at.

To actually answer the OPs question, I will say no with our current state of minds.

For many - it seems as if it is genetically engineered to want to be better than someone else in SOME way. Class, kindness, loyalty, whatever. When someone threatens YOUR lifestyle - whether it not be with violence, it will spark unrest.

Even if there is never a war with violence or shredding an economy to bits to make its people starve, the EMOTIONS will always be there. That is, with our current state of mind. If we evolve - who knows?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Your father is right.

There will ALWAYS be humans who wish to enforce their will on others. That is human nature... only those who grow up in comfort and security their whole lives don't recognize that... yet. (Ever been to a city where there are not ANY bullies in the high school? Well the world is like that except the bullies have armies and are a hell of allot more ruthless)

Look no further than our own southern border... Drug cartels beheading more people in Mexico than Iraq.

But not to get off the subject, We must ALWAYS be prepared for war... in able to prevent it. That is called a deterrent. Most sane enemies actually care if their home, family, and entire country gets leveled. With the USSR it was called "mutually assured destruction" for a reason. There is no gain.... no conquest.. no "winning" a war when the ramifications of starting a war is "assured destruction"... "Assured Loss"... The loss is not worth initiating a war.

Peace through Strength.

[edit on 4-1-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker
Your father is right.

There will ALWAYS be humans who wish to enforce their will on others. That is human nature... only those who grow up in comfort and security their whole lives don't recognize that... yet. (Ever been to a city where there are not ANY bullies in the high school? Well the world is like that except the bullies have armies and are a hell of allot more ruthless)

Thats great and all, except ive been past the "highschool" stage for quite a few years now. Ive been into the real world with a family of my own. Ive never felt the need to go to war with anyone. Ive never felt the need to kill over a disagreement.

Ive never had to result to violence in order to be successful or feel secure.

There in lies the reason I ask such a question. Thats why I have so much trouble believing that it truly is human nature. I mean, last time I checked I am human, and its not my nature.

I see people everyday, resolving disagreements without going to war with eachother, They dont even show the urge to kill one another. But why dont our governments try that? I mean it seems now a days that the last thing they try is diplomacy and the first....war.

Am I, an adult male, with a family that he takes care of, really that different from the rest of the world? Am I the only one who is capable of resolving issues without violence?

I doubt it, but the majority of the people I talk to seem to think that war IS inevitable. Why though? Are we really that afraid to try something different?

You may have heard the definition of insanity. If not, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result each time. Thus, war is insane. We keep going to war expecting that its going to solve all our problems,despite the fact that it never has. It may slow the problem down but over time it still persists.

So why are we so afraid to try and resolve issues in a different way? Is it perhaps not that humans nature is war, but mabye humans are insane by nature?

After all, we are the ones who fail to catch on that war has yet to resolve our issues. So is that it? Are humans insane by nature?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I see people everyday, resolving disagreements without going to war with eachother, They dont even show the urge to kill one another. But why dont our governments try that? I mean it seems now a days that the last thing they try is diplomacy and the first....war.

Am I, an adult male, with a family that he takes care of, really that different from the rest of the world? Am I the only one who is capable of resolving issues without violence?

I doubt it, but the majority of the people I talk to seem to think that war IS inevitable. Why though? Are we really that afraid to try something different?

You may have heard the definition of insanity. If not, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result each time. Thus, war is insane. We keep going to war expecting that its going to solve all our problems,despite the fact that it never has. It may slow the problem down but over time it still persists.

So why are we so afraid to try and resolve issues in a different way? Is it perhaps not that humans nature is war, but mabye humans are insane by nature?

After all, we are the ones who fail to catch on that war has yet to resolve our issues. So is that it? Are humans insane by nature?

The reason governments and the powers wish to not solve conflicts the peace way is simple, fear, power, and control. Agression proves there point quickly, but if they were to solve something with peace, they lose that fear factor and for someone in power to lose the fear factor is huge. Stalin enforced the fear factor, Hitler enforced the fear factor, Lennin and many others. We use the fear factor in Death Penalities, Bombs and the threats of War and Nuclear War.

I try to solve things with peace, but sometimes the people do not want to listen. People think war is inevitable because that is all they KNOW that is how they VIEW the world. Our nature is not evil, our nature is good, but molded into viewing and molding the world into what it is and learning from what we see, such as war, we grow knowledge and from that knowledge we become limited. Knowledge forces us to view things logically and logically war is what is supposed to happen, however forget the knowledge and go by experience- war is evil. You may say experience grows knowledge, no information grows knowledge, experience grows your soul, your judgement and your mind. (iFthat makes sense, following what my sister thinks).

Humans are fallen, so therefore we will never be perfect. Being fallen we fail to see things, due to a cloud over our eyes and our hearts stained with sins of not only us but others. We are fallen, waiting to rise up when called to do so.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join