It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Info as from what I have experienced.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I am a weather forecaster for the military and was stationed in Nevada for a period of time. Nevada is divided into several "Areas". if you guys want to do any real digging on the most sensitive area there look up "area 48". sounds silly i know but draw a line at about 035º from scotty's junction until you are just south of the alkalie flat that is out there.

good luck and happy hunting.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Am i missing something here? Happy hunting with what?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wx4caster

I have my doubts that you are what you claim. Three arguments:
1) You are part of the broken shift key crowd
2) You failed to specify magnetic vector or true vector
3) People on the inside rarely post anything

kmz for these "hints"

This link above has two vectors (true and magnetic). It is hard to draw a vector crossing the range that doesn't hit something. In the case of your vector, it does hit Site-4.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Not sure what the broken shift key crowd is... the salt flat i speak of is on any map you look at, and so are most of the access roads.

as far as people on the inside...

i am just as human as anyone else. i am not here making claims of knowing anything about what is there, just that i know that there are much more safe gaurded areas. I worked in nevada from April of 2005 until October of 2007 doing weather support mostly for NAS Fallon, with the occasional request coming from other places...

i am not here for you to believe me....

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
my vector is not magnetic, and its more of a heading than a vector. I am pretty sure vectors have a bearing and a magnitude... i am just giving you a direction.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by wx4caster

The bearing can be true or magnetic.

wiki bearing

A true bearing is measured in relation to the fixed horizontal reference plane of true north, that is, using the direction toward the geographic north pole as a reference point. A magnetic bearing is measured in relation to magnetic north, that is, using the direction toward the magnetic north pole (in northeastern Canada) as a reference.

If you provided a range, it would not be a bearing, but a location had you provided an origin, which you did.

Again, I provided both true and magnetic vectors , so which is it?

And why play games. It would be far simpler to just give the lat/lon coordinates.

While you think you don't have to convince anyone regarding who you claim to be, appearing knowledgeable of mapping would lend credibility to your claims. [A weather forecast is for a location, which implies understanding map terminology.] At this point, all we know is you aren't very familiar with maps and navigation, which certainly doesn't lend credence to your claims.

If you make a claim here, you really should expect the reader to be skeptical. If you can't handle the 3rd degree, don't post. Claims that are not vetted are worthless.

new topics

top topics

join