It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If The Chads Had Been Punched ? Hypotheticals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
What would have been different today if Al Gore was President.

Bush upset the international community well before 9/11.

A greater international consensus on the war on terror and no great rush to war with Iraq are just two examples.

So,what would be different if a few hundred people had made their vote clearer?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Oh this thread is going to get ugly. I can smell it.

Now to answer your questions I believe that 9/11 would not have happened if Gore was in the White House. I have my own reasons for believing this. And they have nothing to do with politics.

[Edited on 7-4-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
-smaller military
-no responce to 9/11 just al saying "dont do that again" and maybe a few cruise missles fired.
-more attacks would happen cause the terrorist know al is a pussy.
-social programs out the kazoo causing the gov'ment to take more outta my paychecks. paying for welfare is bad enough.
-a boring president
-gun rights would be taken away one by one.
-USA eventually becomes the most cowardly nation on earth along with france and the rest of europe.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
-smaller military
-no responce to 9/11 just al saying "dont do that again" and maybe a few cruise missles fired.
-more attacks would happen cause the terrorist know al is a pussy.
-social programs out the kazoo causing the gov'ment to take more outta my paychecks. paying for welfare is bad enough.
-a boring president
-gun rights would be taken away one by one.
-USA eventually becomes the most cowardly nation on earth along with france and the rest of europe.

Either im psychic or I just knew you were going to say something like that.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Well, first off, I'm not toally convinced that the chads would have ensured a Gore election.

9/11 would still have occured, and our response in Afghanistan would have been much the same. As for Iraq...from what is known, there were plans in the Clinton era to deal with Saddam. So something would still have occured in Iraq, Maybe an invasion as we have now, maybe just increased bombing and 'peacekeeping' presence.

I beleive we would have eventually invaded Iraq, no matter who was president. If Gore were President, it may have been delayed, but within a few years, it would have occured, with either the next President, or during Gore's time in office.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
If Bush was meant to be President, and apparently he was, the chads probably wouldn't have changed the outcome. If he was meant to be, he was gonna be.

I think the whole chad fiasco was a subterfuge to get the country to agree on more-or-less uniform voting equipment. The better to rig any future election, should the need arise.
Please, many people in this country have been using punch-card ballots for YEARS. DUHHH--all of a sudden they don't work. Smells to me...

If Gore was the man, 9/11 would have happened. He would have retired to the oval office to eat more and more mashed potatoes and gravy. The military would be in the same shape it was in 2000, or worse.
There would be booming sales in how-to-learn-farsi tapes and books. Walmart would start showing the new fall line of burkas, for the ladies. And prayer-beads, for the men.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I agree 9/11 would have happened but I think Gore would have made sure he had UN support for any attack on Iraq.I think Afghanistan would have been attacked but Gore would have concentrated on the real enemy,Al Qaeda.(remember them?)

The US would be leading a real international coalition like Bush senior had.

top topics

join