It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Theory of an afterlife.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Please bring all proof here of an afterlife.. i dont have any definitve proof that conciousness exists outside of this life.

I have wise people saying that there is an afterlife, but their proof is just telling you to trust them.

There are so many possiblitys in my mind. Id like to be able to prove at least one of them.

Currently there is a study underway by british and US scientists that will use pictures that are only visible from the ceiling so that it can finnaly be proven to exist with no brain, and heart beat.

Afterlife study

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
interesting study. i would think that there could be some more extensive studies on other remote viewing experiences such as dream walking and astral walking

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Proof of the after life. While I believe in the after life. I could find no proof, nost do i believe that anyone else can bring forth solid proof. The after life is based upon your faith or what you believe will happen after death.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ant4AU
The after life is based upon your faith or what you believe will happen after death.

Well, not entirely. There have been some studies, and just recently we had this one discussed here that deals with a study on people about to die:

The Art of Dying: Discussion on C2C- Amazing!

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
You still use the words Likely.... and why would somone want to make money off of comforting people...... you take these experaince... yoru already a rich doctor.. and so you take these and require people to buy them.

i know its likely..... its also likely this doctor, who is greedy, would embelish these storys to sell a book.... that is why you CANNOT bind your love and information of comfort in the cords of greed... because it invalidates your intent.

[edit on 4-1-2009 by Wertdagf]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Originally posted by Ant4AU
The after life is based upon your faith or what you believe will happen after death.

Well, not entirely. There have been some studies, and just recently we had this one discussed here that deals with a study on people about to die:

The Art of Dying: Discussion on C2C- Amazing!

Thank you for the link. Yes it does make you feel a little better to see evidence of the after life. Like I said I do believe the is an after life but this is still not 100% proof. I like it as proof but not everyone will see it that way.

They would have an argument that throughout the stages of death that endorphines are being released, while the brain is shuttong down, in our bodies making us hallucinate thus the visions of deceased relatives.

I agree that this is an amazing study and personaly agree with it but for skeptics we all know they want agree untill the see it for themselves.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Obviously it is virtually impossible to provide tangible proof of an afterlife, as a child I survived a number of near death experiences, which I have described here several times recently.[there have been at least six threads on this subject in the last three months]
I have also experienced being out of my body too, when in good health, the difference was that when I 'died' my spirit body did not float up to the ceiling allowing me to look down, I simply regained consciousness standing alongside my body. When I managed to project deliberately, I floated up to the ceiling, and had to turn over in order to look down on my body.
So the idea to have pictures that can only be seen from above, may not provide much evidence.
Bear in mind that the 'afterlife' is also the 'before' life

Good luck in your endeavours,

Regards,

Horsegiver.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I dont have any proof of the afterlife, bit i dont worry about it really. I dont ever remember not being here my mind feel infinite, with an infinite mind I really dont have much to worry about.
kx

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Theres absolute no proof,otherwise we wouldnt be having this discussion.Near death experiences dont constitute as proof since its not predictable ie many people are clinically dead and revived and report no such thing as other people who say they have had outer body experiences,seeing dead family members etc etc In fact id say the majority of people dont.

top topics

join