It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where can I post a petition link?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Hi folks,

I have started a petition on the 10 Downing Street website regarding the proposed changes to the powers of Bailiffs after reading a thread here on ATS.

This Thread

I am wondering if I am able to post a link to this petition in the hope that ATS members in the UK will sign it, andif that is permitted, where may I post it so that people will see it.

Advice appreciated.

Cheers,

MGGG

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I suggest you don't. Its aginst the T&C to ralley or use ATS as a platform for such things.. Fair warning..

ATS can not be used for such agendas.. REasons being clear in the TAC.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I dont think you can because its againt t & c's

edit: what zysin5 said

[edit on 2-1-2009 by Anti - Government]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
In deed you may wanna click on your member center or stat and check out the ATS handbook. The search function can bring you to all sorts of good ATS handbook stuff to including were ATS stats that they don't want their site to be used for activism....Strangely though it does RARELY on seldom occasion , engage in activism as a whole and I applaud them for it.

Specifically the 911 Gorilla.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
We would prefer that you not post a link to the petition as we prefer to remain neutral with regards to anything that may be considered as an ATS sanctioned opinion/movement etc.

We do not want to alienate what may be otherwise contributable members just because we appear to favor one side over another. The accusations flung at ATS for liberal bias is a great example that presented itself through the election process of the past year.

I hope this helps to explain why we have a 'no recruitment' policy here at ATS.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Just read what SimonGray has to say about it. I wouldn't do it.

1 e.) Recruitment/Solicitation: You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC site(s) for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not post, use the chat feature or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

Terms & Conditions

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Okay,

No problems...I thought it may be against some T&C or other.

I understand the reasons why. I thought it 'may' be okay because it's more to do with civil liberties rather than politics, hence why I checked first.

Thanks for the responses guys.

Ye Petition shall not be appearing on ATS.

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
There are many who seek the support of fellow ATSers for a good cause. We can however not draw a line between a good cause for one person and a good cause for another person, therefore ATS stays neutral, as mentioned above.

This thread should answer all your questions:
Why doesn't ATS allow "Activist" Recruiting?

new topics

top topics

join