It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof: God vs. Alien Species

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
As a daily reader here on ATS for the last year or so, there is always one easy fallback position for the skeptics regarding UFO and Alien presence....

"Show me hard evidence....until you can show me something I can hold in my hand, or something that is scientifically testable, I can't believe anything anyone says".

and I get that to a point....critical thinking is vital to try and discern what is possible from what someone might be imaginating, falsifying, etc...

that being said, let me pose these questions to everyone out there....

1)Do you believe in UFO's?
2)If even 1% of UFO sightings are not hoaxes, mistaken sightings, secret military aircraft, then do you believe in a species from somewhere other than Earth?
3) Do you believe in God?

It's amazing to me the level of hipocracy present when someone says I can't believe in Ufo's or Alien species because I have no hard proof or scientific ability to test such theories....yet,

they believe in God. How is that believe any different in terms of proof or scientific viability?

I beleive in God....it's my faith even though I can't see him/her (whatever form it may or may not take) and I can't test my faith from a scientific point. For this belief, I'm hardly ever ridiculed....but believe in another concept like Ufo's or Aliens and I have fallen under the spell of mythmakers?

'Eyewitness accounts don't mean anything to me, it's all b.s."

Isn't that what the Bible is? A record of eyewitness accounts...

Oh, the hypocrisy!!! The hipocrasy...

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
There is absolute no evidence for either God or Aliens,evidence doesnt amount to personal experiences or stories...There is however quite a mountain of evidence that there are UFO's..what they are be it a natural phenomena,aliens,terrestrial aircraft nobody knows.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
agreed....it's just funny to me how people will manipulate the argument to serve their own issues, and then when you call them out on their hypocracy, they try to find some way to weasel out of the arguement.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The belief in God has always been a matter of faith. Because of that, it is not subjected to the same standards that scientific matters are, such as UFOs/Aliens. It is almost taboo to criticize someone because of their faith. Criticizing someone because they believe in UFOs, on the other hand, is almost a national pastime.

It doesn't make it right. Yes, it's somewhat hypocritical. But it is what it is. Unfortunately, that's what it is.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
yes to all three questions... and its a pity you cant see your god, because i can see mine... hmm one of us must be confused. My god is even the god of the aliens... god is under every rock... inside every tree.

it is the design of infinity.

The bible is a group of people who witnessed some amazing things and they do their best to explain and understand it with their limited knowledge and vocabulary.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
it's hugely hipocritical....right vs. wrong, fair vs. not fair...who cares. The world isn't fair and we all find a we to deal with that and live our lives...

but why would we subject one issue to such amazing scrutiny, and give another of such similiar magnitude pretty much a free pass?

From my perspective, I think it's social training and what we were taught was/is excepted and what isn't...

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

yes, I agree completely with you, and for me...I'm not religious is any way, but very spiritual...God is within me and I don't need a specific builidng to talk to him.

It's jsut interesting how many people can believe in the concept of one and not even allow themselves the POSSIBILITY of the other.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious
The belief in God has always been a matter of faith. Because of that, it is not subjected to the same standards that scientific matters are, such as UFOs/Aliens.

Every belief always implies some faith in something.

It’s not subject to scientific standards because there is no factual, observable, tangible, testable evidence of God. While on the other hand, people (for the most part) realize that if extra-terrestrial beings exist and are visiting Earth, there are scientific ways to assert this.

One thing that pisses me off is when someone talks about belief in UFOs. UFOs are not a matter of belief. UFOs are real. Their nature and origin on the other hand, are a matter of belief and opinions.

It is almost taboo to criticize someone because of their faith. Criticizing someone because they believe in UFOs, on the other hand, is almost a national pastime.

It’s a shame, since religious figures and religiously charged and motivated arguments shape so much of the foreign policy...

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
At the moment - neither can be proved...

The big difference between the two groups is one side forces their belief on you while the other could care less if you believe it or not...

Note: Generalization here...

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
i guess unfortunatly for you mine can be proved, because we are here. There are a buncha stars out there... and im breathing oxygen. Also when i drop something it falls to teh ground..... that proves my god. so what is it exactly that cant be proven?

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Also when i drop something it falls to teh ground..... that proves my god. so what is it exactly that cant be proven?

I’m sorry, was this sarcastic or something? I have failed to understand what you mean by that.

But the bottom line is this: I’m hoping you didn’t just imply that gravity is proof of god.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
talk to a hard core scientist and they would call that evolution and physics...

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying your belief is based in faith...not science from thier standpoint.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by danx

and DANX, there are people out there, James Mcgahey(sp?), comes to mind, who don't even believe that UFO's exist....they think they are flares, stars..planes...anything but UFO....

the guy drives my crazy.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nsaeyes
I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying your belief is based in faith...not science from thier standpoint.

Well, I would contest that you should tell them they are wrong. Science is the complete opposite of faith.

Faith is the belief in something not seen, in things not proven. Science comes from the word ‘scientia’ that means knowledge in latin. Science promotes understanding.

Knowledge and belief are completely different things, and should never mix.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
gravity is proof of god. it is the fundamental design of the universe. causality is god. When i slap you and your eyes water that is god.

being of god does not mean that you understand or love god.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nsaeyes
and DANX, there are people out there, James Mcgahey(sp?), comes to mind, who don't even believe that UFO's exist....they think they are flares, stars..planes...anything but UFO....

the guy drives my crazy.

Yeah, I know who you’re talking about. And don’t worry, he makes me feel the same way

James McGaha is not a scientist, he’s not even a skeptic. He’s a pseudoskeptic. But I’m not sure he denies UFOs exist. I know for sure he says UFOs are not alien craft, but to say that UFOs do not exist, then he is even more stupid than what I thought.

UFOs mean exactly that: unidentified flying objects. If something is flying and is unidentified to the observer, then it’s a UFO. Depending on people’s knowledge and cognitive capabilities, it’s inevitable that eventually someone will be unable to identify something, thus it is a UFO (to the observer).

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
some people believe in Gd with no proof.
Some people believe in UFO's with no proof.

ask the skeptic if they believe in love and then ask them to prove it exists.

it is up to us all to believe in what we choose to believe in, and it does not matter what proof is given, or lack of proof, people will believe in what they feel they have to.
show a person the face of God and they will say its done with mirrors.show pwoplw an alien and its called CGI.
unless you believe and then its called fact.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
gravity is proof of god. it is the fundamental design of the universe. causality is god. When i slap you and your eyes water that is god.

being of god does not mean that you understand or love god.

Let’s not get into that argument, because it would waste everyone’s time and in the end no one would be convinced to change their minds anyway.

Basically you have a belief that god is everywhere, thus gravity would be proof of god. I respect your opinion and belief, but you have absolutely no way of proving it.

I like to approach life and the world around me from a scientific perspective, and from that perspective, your belief has no validity or impact in my world whatsoever. Discussing who is right or wrong would also be pointless. So, let’s not

In regards to this thread in particular, I completely agree that there is more evidence of UFOs than god. Also, from a scientific point of view, the existence of extra-terrestrial life is more probable, than the existence of god.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nsaeyes

1)Do you believe in UFO's?
2)If even 1% of UFO sightings are not hoaxes, mistaken sightings, secret military aircraft, then do you believe in a species from somewhere other than Earth?
3) Do you believe in God?

You got yourself a double edged sword here my friend.

Welcome to infinity or rather ........

I know you can fill that blank.

Happy new year.

[edit on 1-1-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
In such infinity..... for there to be ANY pattern inmplies design... which is god. im sorry if you dont want to accept this right now ... but you will.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join