It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple Gives Birth to 'Miracle' Black and White Twins, Again

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I thought this was just very cool. What do you think?

www.foxnews.com...

And here is a link to pics of both sets of twins.

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
That's kinda cool.
sorry about the one liner.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
What I find interesting is both are just one of each, as oppossed to being mixtures of both. If that makes sense.

What decisive genes they have.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I understand what you mean and having two sets born like this is amazing. I like the one pic where the older girls are holding their baby sisters; very cute.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
What absolutely BEAUTIFUL children!!!

My eyes tear up looking at the picture......they are so perfectly lovely, all 4 of these darling little girls.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It is possible for twins to have two different fathers. Very rare, but not impossible. I'm not saying that these particular twins have different fathers, but...

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
yes that is just fantastic....

how lovely
They are just so beautiful!

edit to add: maybe there is something for racists to learn from this!

[edit on 1-1-2009 by Thurisaz]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I know about that too, but I'm pretty sure these girls have the same dad. Just look at the parents for the features.

My reply was about twins sometimes having two dads...

[edit on 1-1-2009 by ahimsa]

[edit on 1-1-2009 by ahimsa]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Grumble, grumble, grumble.....

I look at these beautiful children and it just rings my bell that my own children are so selfish and greedy that they refuse to give me grandchildren. All three are in their 20's and either off on some career path, in the military or just too lazy to make me a grandpa.

Still, When I see pictures like this it makes me happy, there is hope for the future after all. Perhaps we can all learn that life is a wonderful thing,

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Well there are plenty of kids in orphanages and state care... they have an organisation called Banardo's in Aust, people join up and do activities with little kids of all ages. The organisation makes a real difference in these kids life.

back on topic...

Yes I wonder if a woman could have twins with two different men?... cats can and some other species...

[edit on 1-1-2009 by Thurisaz]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
If a woman has sex with two men like one after the other I think it's possible. The church I belonged to years ago talked about it and said it is possible.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ahimsa

Actually it could be almost two days in between, and they could still be born as twins with two different fathers

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
There was another couple that had the same thing happen to them but in that case both parents were mixed.

Actually this can happen alot, more than likely they both have the same resesive gene for something and when the two genes got together you get one black one white child and the same can be said for eye color where you get a family all with one eye color and then one child has a completly different eye color

[edit on 1-1-2009 by kvaniu]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It's rare but it does happen. I like how they look really similar except skin colour.

I seem to recall a white couple having a black baby before? One of them obviously had black ancestors.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
It is possible for twins to have two different fathers. Very rare, but not impossible. I'm not saying that these particular twins have different fathers, but...

Really, has that ever happened before in the history of the world?? I would assume if it is possible like you are saying, than a 3-some of sorts would be involved????

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Twins with different fathers was once thought to be very rare. However, one recent study estimates that, worldwide, one in 12 fraternal twin sets are bi-paternal (they even have a special name for it: 'Hetero-paternal Superfecundation’).

www.multiplemom.com...

I can't believe the number is actually that high!

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
What a darling set of girls!

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix

Twins with different fathers was once thought to be very rare. However, one recent study estimates that, worldwide, one in 12 fraternal twin sets are bi-paternal (they even have a special name for it: 'Hetero-paternal Superfecundation’).

www.multiplemom.com...

I can't believe the number is actually that high!

I didn't realize that a woman didn't need to have sex with two men real close in time. I was thinking it would be one egg being fertilized.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by hikix

Source 1

In the case of fraternal twins, a woman has ovulated more than once in a given month, thus releasing more than one egg. If this occurs and each egg is fertilized by sperm cells from the same man, fraternal twins are formed that have the same father.

While extremely rare, it is possible that each egg is fertilized by sperm cells from two different men, thus forming twins with two different fathers, called bi-paternal twins. According to recent studies published by the National Institutes of Health, it is estimated that approximately 1 in 12 fraternal twin sets are bi-paternal, meaning that each twin has a different father (Note that fraternal twinning is a relatively rare event in itself—fraternal twins make up about 2% of the world's population).

Source 2

Superfecundation most commonly happens within hours or days of the first instance of fertilization with ova released during the same cycle. There is a small time window when eggs are able to be fertilized. Sperm cells can live inside a woman’s body for 4-5 days. Once ovulation occurs, the egg remains viable for 12-48 hours before it begins to disintegrate. Thus, the fertile period can span 5-7 days. Ovulation is usually suspended during pregnancy to prevent further ova becoming fertilized and to help increase the chances of a full term pregnancy. However, if an ovum is released after the female was already impregnated when previously ovulating, there is a chance of a second pregnancy -- albeit at a different stage of development. This is known as superfetation.

"the egg remains viable for 12-48 hours"...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
they 've had two sets of twins
one of each each time
these people should should by deified as the The God and Godesse of anti racism

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join