It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas plans to defeat Israeli force with epic "last stand" at Gaza City

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Israel has no other option but to go in on the ground and eliminate these Hamas leaders and terrorists. I don't blame Israel for protecting it's citizens. These Hamas cowards put their own people at risk and there will never be peace as long as they are in power in Gaza.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
this isn't news

please review the guidelines

this is a wack misleading story title

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Maybe it hasn't dawned on you, but Israel could give a rats about some popularity contest. They are already probably one of the world's most hated nation.

Really?

Could have fooled me with all the Pro-Israel postings and defenders on this forum who jump in on anyone trying to bring a Pro-Palestinian point of view forward. I think Israel is dangerous, and the Mossad, their secret service the most dangerously under estimated force out there today.

So again I must wonder why the Palestinian issue is still an issue today?

If Israel does not care about their popularity, they could have had a mass solution to this problem decades ago, e.g. forced sterilization or a bit quicker a nice chemical pathogen with a small radius and short TTL or simple brute force by bulldozing them into the sea. But they didn´t. With all that firepower and chemical and nuclear arsenal they didn´t. Anyone dumb enough to interfere with the cleansing would know they can blow them to kingdom come with conventional nukes (Iran/Russia).

So again, strange... Unless they do care about their image in some crooked way. Explain that riddle away.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thanks for the giggle. I just hope you haven't mistaken me for a Zionist supporter 'cause I'm not. I'm no fan of radical Islam either.

reply to post by MoonMine

The Zionists care about their image all right. No one plays the victim better. They even managed to get the world to give them a country by doing so. Please note that I'm making a clear distinction between Zionists and Jews.

IMO the rebirth of the modern nation state of Israel is a cog in the globalist plan. The Israeli - Palestinian conflict has been has been nurtured rather than discouraged by both sides. The day is coming when a global leader will finally bring 'peace' to the region, and will be hailed a demigod. You won't need a clock to know what time it is then.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by masonwatcher

Hamas will have the choice of confronting or going to ground but there is going to be plenty of video taping to expose the zionsts for the cowards they are.

And Hamas firing weapons in civilian clothes? Is that not also cowardly?

Time to get rid of Hamas for good.

thats probably as cowardly of flying a drone by remote control and dropping bombs in the safety of your office thousands of miles away.
or dropping laser guided bombs from high altitude where there is no chance of you being shot.
so who are the cowards, those who shoot wearing civillian clothing when even the civilians are getting bombs dropped on them, or those firing weapons from relatively safe distances?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Sounds like more civilian deaths to me if Hamas uses these tactics but that doesnt surprise me. Thats how all those people fight over there. They hide amonst the civilians and get them killed. And these are their "leaders"? Folks who hide amonst civilians and get them killed? WOW. Just WOW.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The Japanese also planned to fight to USA in a "last stand" even if it meant than every last man, woman and child would fight and die, Japan would never surrender.

But they were nuked, and did surrender anyway.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

The points about cowardness are becoming moot here in this day and time.

Proxy wars and remote detonated bombs..not so smart bombs et al.

It is the goals desired and achievable on which you people need to keep your eyes.

Your "Victim Dictum" is getting wolfie. There are no underdogs here.

I also agree with some of the posters on here. Israel will soon reach a point where world opinion is a moot point and not worthy of consideration.
Hamas and the Palestenians....that is about all they have going for them. They must work very hard from here on out to manipulate world opinion from a willing media.

Havent we seen this movie over and over again??? What sequal is this???

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

"rock throwers?" Read the paper or watch the news laltely?
Your so-called rocks (ie: mortars and rockets ) are being tossed quite the distance into civilian populations inside Israeli cities.

Oh, and where are they being thrown from? That's right the lauch site are located righ tin the middle of residential areas, schools, Mosques and from the roofs of Hospitals. Nothing like making your civilians (ie: the women, children and elderly) the target of a counter artillery assault.
Oh yea that's right it makes for better sympathy votes from the bleeding heart right.

In my opinion you through a rock at my country, you'd better expect a brick in response.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by palg1]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
the headline 'Epic Last Stand' is mere sensationalism
by DebkaFlies...

the Gaza strip is approximately twice the size of D.C.
and has a confined population of appox. 1.5 million
(see: CIA Factbook)

a 'last stand' evokes mental images of fortressed sites like The Alamo
or Masada in present Israel...Gaza city is hardly a fortress or walled city...

however, the wire fence enclosure and the sentinel outpost guard stations that close or open the few roadways into Gaza City...has made Gaza into
a remake of the pre-WW2, Warsaw Ghetto.
Only in the present timeline, the roles are changed with a somewhat different list of actors... as the Warsaw Ghetto Jews are replaced by the GazaCity Palestinians. this is becoming a bizare twist in history for sure.

a 'last stand' by night-time guerrilla strikes on an encamped IDF who are beseiging the city...is an absurd no-win tactic.

a 'last stand' euphanism, could be applied to a covert mobilization of bomber-vested volunteers who sneak into the surrounding Israeli towns or farms & bring suicide to grizzly proportions.

'last stand' is hyperbole by someone...
the idea of 'drawing a line in-the-sand' seems the idea that Hamas is attempting to make.

as-I-see-it

[edit on 2-1-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
One could wonder what exactly Iran is sending Hamas. True Humanitarian Aid? Bombs and other weapons? or is this going to be the type of Humanitarian Aide Iran is referencing and will use the disguise of "Humanitarian Aide" to get the sucker close to Israel and hopefully not be rammed before delivery and then make a beeline to Israel for a truly dirty surprise?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join