It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas plans to defeat Israeli force with epic "last stand" at Gaza City

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Hamas plans to defeat Israeli force with epic "last stand" at Gaza City

www.debka.com

DEBKAfile's military sources report that Hamas does not propose to put its entire 15,000-strong army in harm's way against the expected Israeli military invasion. It will confine its resistance to small pockets and sabotage and let Israel troops occupy most of Gaza Strip territory. Assuming the incoming force will stop short of conquering Gaza City and put it to siege, Hamas planners believe this siege force will be Israel's Achilles heel. They propose to wear it down over weeks by nocturnal guerrilla forays from within Gaza City and force an inconclusive end to the conflict.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Guerrilla warfare has proven to be more effective against Israel in the past. One thing is for certain, we can all agree the truce isn't going to happen until something very serious happens. Hamas looks like they are confident and don't even need Iran and the rest of the Arab countries.

www.debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-1-2009 by Reddupo]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

This is an Iranian sponsored trap. Israel will get bogged down in the Gaza Strip when they go in. There is no difference between 15,000 terrorists and the general population now they have taken off their uniforms. What a mess and a trap for sure. The word that comes to mind is Stalingrad.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
its that dog walker of the son of the janiot to the military secretary again making up stroies

oh and its debka = biased

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Duh!!! Isn't that the nature of guerrilla war fighting?

You know after the Lebanon debacle, Israel will use lease armour and send in squads of infantry street fighters with air and artillery back up.

Hamas will have the choice of confronting or going to ground but there is going to be plenty of video taping to expose the zionsts for the cowards they are.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I've refrained from commenting on all this as both sides are hardly innocent. IMO, from a pure military standpoint, if this comes to pass, the only real solution the Isreali's would have is to simply level everything. We've seen these gorilla tactics that Hamas is proposing since Vietnam now and it's a very successful technique. If Isreal goes this route (heavy bombing), it's bad on the PR front and stage of world opinion, bad for the Palestinian civilians. I just can't see any positive outcome from all of this.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Hamas will have the choice of confronting or going to ground but there is going to be plenty of video taping to expose the zionsts for the cowards they are.

And Hamas firing weapons in civilian clothes? Is that not also cowardly?

Time to get rid of Hamas for good.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks that this headline is somewhat contradictory to the story itself? A ‘last stand’ would seem to indicate more of a traditional military defense, rather than the same spread out guerilla tactics that are the norm for overmatched forces. I think that this headline is trying to tell us something different from the body of the story.

As to the story itself, I’m not sure how it can be called news, as it’s exactly what anyone could predict Hamas would do. Now if Hamas had decided to line up in the street and shoot it out face to face with Israeli forces (as the headline seems to indicate), that would be news. It would be stupid, but newsworthy.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
Duh!!! Isn't that the nature of guerrilla war fighting?

You know after the Lebanon debacle, Israel will use lease armour and send in squads of infantry street fighters with air and artillery back up.

the cowards are the hamas dogs who hide behind women and children to fire on civilians...

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
To get rid of Hamas - is very good. But if Israel will invade Gaza numbers of dead will climb much faster then now. And since Hamas is also a political movement it cannot be removed with military force only. So it is big question if this land operation will bring something positive but it is known and accepted that it will bring a lot of negative - like dead bodies.
Hamas does all what it to ensure that majority of Gaza population will live at sub-human conditions but since people over there do not see it that way, Israeli land operation and its "collateral" damage will actually increase support for the same Hamas. I do not know what politicians over here think and plan but i see it as a road to escalation of killings without real chance of removing Hamas.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Anyone want to make a bet that Hamas gets their ass kicked....Mason?

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

It seems to me that Hamas should be more worried about feeding their constituents more than the grass they claim to be living on. Talk about cowards! They'll hide behind women, children and the elderly as always then wring their hands when the smackdown is put on them. The palestinians love to take thier cheap shots at civilian homes with their rockets but they're always the victim when its time to pay for their misdeeds.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

And since Hamas is also a political movement it cannot be removed with military force only.

Hamas ran Fatah, a political movement, out of Gaza. When Israel goes after Hamas, they should turn the reins over to Abbas and Fatah. I am sure Fatah will do the same thing Hamas did to them.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Sounds to me like israeli propaganda to justify sending in tanks to fight rock throwers. Egypt and Jordan are indebted to the US, but the rest of the Arab league might fight fire w/ fire. If so, the US needs to stay out of it, or Russia will join.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

And Hamas firing weapons in civilian clothes? Is that not also cowardly?

Time to get rid of Hamas for good.

And Israel using state of the art -rest of world sponsored- arms against Mossad infiltrated freedom fighters with flimsy material? Doesn´t it strike anyone as odd that they have not exterminated those "terrorists" from within a long time ago?

Who is the real agressor? Despite all the propaganda, Israel is starting to lose the popularity contest... I wonder why, and I wonder why now?

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MoonMine

Israel is starting to lose the popularity contest... I wonder why, and I wonder why now?

Maybe it hasn't dawned on you, but Israel could give a rats about some popularity contest. They are already probably one of the world's most hated nation. Nothing they can do will change that because people will still find a reason to blame Israel.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher

As to the story itself, I’m not sure how it can be called news, as it’s exactly what anyone could predict Hamas would do. Now if Hamas had decided to line up in the street and shoot it out face to face with Israeli forces (as the headline seems to indicate), that would be news. It would be stupid, but newsworthy.

I'm sorry but this sounds strangely familiar!

I wonder where I have heard this kind of misplace bravado before?

[edit on 1-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
that makes me wonder what is in that aid ship from Iran.. They may claim its medical or something like that but some stuff mixed together makes one strong nerve agent or other chemical or biological weapon they migth launch rockets with nerve gas in to Israel .. nerve gas given by Iran..
Hope not but it stil makes me wonder , Iran is up to this kind of things.

Iran and Syria have the Chemical and biological agents from Iraq they smuggled into there borders around the time of the second gulfwar .. so if there is an investigation after attacks on Israel .. they are covert because of this .. they don't have to have the stuff on record because the agents from Iraq doesn't excist officially

[edit on 1-1-2009 by MarkLuitzen]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

Rock throwers? What is this - 80s? It is now firearms,machine guns,sniper rifles, charges,RPGs, rockets, mortars ........ Hamas spent every spare (and needed in other areas too) money they had on weapons. "Truce" arms race. This is one of the reasons for blockade by the way.
You should (out of curiosity ,not talking about descency) run search for images "hamas,weapons" and see "stone throwers" of 21st century.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
From a pure military standpoint, What i see Israel doing is making a sweep of Gaza to find and destroy the stockpiles of rockets and explosives that hamas has plus any equipment they have to make more. and arresting or killing all the Hamas leader they find.

explosives sniffing dogs can find a lot of the stockpiles of rockets and explosives

If Hamas wants a stand up fight Israel will destroy any Hamas fighters that fire on them.

If Hamas goes to ground they still will lose there military equipment (rockets and explosives) and Israel will still have won.

This would set back Hamas for many years.

What i do not see is Israel occupying Gaza. That would be a waste of manpower.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join