It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosions in Kabul Afghanistan hours after 9/11 attacks in US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
September 11, 2001 Posted: 7:15 PM EDT (2315 GMT)

KABUL, Afghanistan (CNN) -- Explosions have rocked the capital city of Kabul, hours after terrorist attacks targeted financial and military centers in the United States.

CNN September 11th 2001 Kabul Explosion

Key Info:

1.The editor of a Pakistani newspaper with ties to bin Laden told CNN that bin Laden denied involvement in any of the attacks.
"I am not involved in this actions in New York and Washington, but I support these actions. I see them as a reaction against the oppressor," he said in a written statement.

2.But Mutawakkel said the Taliban will conduct its own investigation. "We will determine what really happened. We denounce this terrorist attack, whoever is behind it."

[edit on 31-12-2008 by Blundo]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I remember within hours of the 9/11 attacks watching the TV (think it was CNN) when suddenly the scrolling writing at the bottom said something like "tracer fire seen over Kabul, Afghanistan". I remember thinking "who cares about Afghanistan, for God's sake, we want to know more about the planes in the US".

Couldn't believe they were straying off topic, but of course, they weren't.

Obviously, the tracer fire and explosions go together well...

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
that's weird. kind of late to be showing this right? but any way it deserves going into, maybe there's a connection between those attacks and Bin Laden denying being a leader in the 9/11 attacks???

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Interesting find.

I had not heard anything about this. I will see if people I know from there read or saw anything about the attacks in the news.

top topics

join