It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PHOTON EXPERIMENT SHOWS THE FLAW IN CLASSICAL PHYSICS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
www.rochester.edu...

[Edited on 21-1-2003 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It is again, almost eerily another example of what might be construed as scientific proof of God. For creation to have occurred, it would of had to have been observed. Its mind boggling!!

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I have always thought this, life...us...we all exist so that the universe can exist, for without us there is nothing.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The great part is that it's directly from the source of those experiments. The researcher Mandel could've been directly contacted by his phone number on that page since the time that page was put online untill he died in 2001.

Too bad I've only found this till now.

posted on Jan, 23 2003 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Two replies till now... Very dissapointing...

Or it's an indication that most people are still not ready for this and still want to live in a primitive way of thinking...

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
It is again, almost eerily another example of what might be construed as scientific proof of God. For creation to have occurred, it would of had to have been observed. Its mind boggling!!

ok, I'm new to all this kind of stuff so I could use some explaining on what you mean by their is proof of
God

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Oh my gosh!... that article is from 1995! What kind of crap is this? The understanding of light has gone a long way in the last 7+ years.

That article is terribly written. There is no concise point, with real supporting evidence. It seemed more of a "name throwing" ceremony for the people who worked on the project.

Secondly, the forms of light and photons is still uncertain to this point. The measuring tools used for "light" experiments change all of the time. Old physics can be/is flawed, but it certainly doesn't detail what these reported variations were.

I see a very large assumption being made, with no proof. For example:

quote:
They found that the photons don't always follow the paths predicted by classical physics. Even though classical physics predicts the paths with "certainty," the prediction is not matched by reality.

"Many people accept the notion that reality is something separate from the information we take through our own detectors -- our senses," says Mandel, . . . "Our results run counter to that thinking, in emphasizing that there is no reality in the absence of measurement. Even Einstein had trouble accepting that this was true."
:end quote

Actually, I'm thinking that the writer is the idiot. Mandel seems to be twisting his own words as well in that last paragraph. Mandel could benefit from a Logic class. The Jury is still out on this subject. Either way, this is about the worst article you could post on the subject.

new topics

top topics

join