It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Swear An Oath To The Constitution?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
market-ticker.denninger.net...

Let's ask some "tough questions" here.

First, let's start with The Fed's press release "filling in the details" of their intended purchase of Fannie and Freddie (along with Ginnie) securities:

"Only fixed-rate agency MBS securities guaranteed by Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Ginnie Mae are eligible assets for the program."

Ok, so we claim these are the securities. Well enough, so far.

Another great article by Karl. I have been wondering when someone would question the legality of everything that is going on and Karl points it out pretty well. You would have to read the whole piece to get the full story but I wonder if we have attorneys here on ATS that could look into this. I think suits need to start happening while we still have a country left. People this crisis we are in is for real with evil intentions behind it. If the government will not follow the first amendment and redress grievances then we must sue the government and if that doesnt work we must take to the streets and if that doesnt work..well does 1776 ring a bell?

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 31/12/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
In my opinion you are correct.

I brought this subject of the US Constitution a few weeks ago in a thread.
The difference was that I applied it to our military.

If I'm not mistaken one of the replies stated that an executive order could be issued and supercede the constitution.

I'm very busy today getting ready for a party at my home tonight and don't have time to do the research.

I truly hope I am wrong. Maybe someone will know and reply.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I am military and I had to say the oath three times, but only twice did it really count(once for the delayed entry program, another before basic, and then once upon graduating basic). We also say the oath at reenlistments. Yes we swear an oath to uphold and protect the constitution of the united states, but it is not the only thing we swear an oath to, such as the UCMJ, president, and the officers appointed above us. We also swear to protect all those we have to choice to protect, the assholes that hate us, paranoid idiots that say we are part of something bigger, and other people that aren't savory...

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
You both raise excellent points. Every man or woman who sits in office, from the president to the Circuit Judge swears an oath to uphold the Constitution of the united States. When they break that oath, it is tantamount to high treason, a hanging offence. Check here for legal definitions of this:legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

new topics

top topics

join