It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this object under the Moon Lander?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
This picture of the moon lander has an object underneath that appears to be colored similar to the craft. I have puzzled about this for a while not wanting to place it here immediately. It kind of looks like its floating but it could be stuck at an angle in the moon soil according to the shadow. You will easily see it it’s just beside the lander leg (2-3 inches) and in the 9-12 o’clock quadrant of the crosshair, just zoom in a little you can’t miss it.

Anyhow I can’t figure it out so here it is - I’m betting the first reply will nail it down.

This is the original NASA photo

NASA Photo

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
If I didn't know any better I'd say it looks like a pile of bone.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Moreover, is the LEM made of paper and held together with tape??

Looks like a badly wrapped xmas present!

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
It;s for Moonbase television,
it's COAX

[edit on 31/12/08 by GondelleX]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Nope – its behind the leg of the lander that is the underside of the lander not in front of the lander . Easiest way to find it is look at the foot of the lander at about 10 o’clock. It’s a rod that looks like it’s off the ground rather than laying on the ground.
Sorry I can’t get my images working to point it out properly.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Just changed computers but got it working now
This is very low res so you will have to zoom in on the original

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I believe that it’s a part of the MESA camera pod that was activated prior to the Astronauts leaving the crew compartment via a cord that they pulled. The cord can be seen laying under the lander body in that photo, plus some of the covering material that broke away to allow it to drop into position. Here are some pictures of the MESA:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
That is the surface sensing probe that has been bent upward when the Lunar Module landed. These probes hung down from the landing pads.

Learn more here

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople
That is the surface sensing probe that has been bent upward when the Lunar Module landed. These probes hung down from the landing pads.

Learn more here

Thank you very much – I got it now. It did look unusual and couldn’t figure it out. I appreciate you finding the info.

top topics

join