It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptians open fire on Palestinians

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Egyptians open fire on Palestinians

www.google.com

Egyptian border guards have opened fire on Palestinians who breached the border to escape Israel's assault on Hamas in the Gaza Strip.

An Egyptian security official said there were at least five breaches along the nine-mile border and hundreds of Palestinian residents were pouring in.

At least 300 Egyptian border guards have been rushed to the area to reseal the border, the official added on condition on anonymity because he was not authorised to speak to the press.

A resident of the Gaza Strip side of the border, Fida Kishta, said that Egyptian border guards opened fire to drive back the Palestinians.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Heh . . . guess no one really wants them around. They should really learn to take a hint, I guess.

Or maybe Egypt is in on the conspiracy with Israel . . . you know . . . closing the borders, shooting trespassers, and only opening them temporarily to look good in the international community.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Gazans need the Gaza equivalent of their own Reverand Jim Jones.

Man. What a contentious people. That's what happens when you're a group of stupid fanatics.

No one likes you.

You have no real friends.

Life is miserable.

Drink the coolaid.

+27 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Haven't you notice it is OK when Egypt does it. But if that were Israelis opening fire on the Palestinians everyone would be shouting for their heads. Notice that Egypt is seldom criticized for their action despite the fact they also closed their border and also refused to allow in humanitarian aid. But then again they have an excuse because their name is not Israel.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I thought muslims were all about brotherly love.... oh wait.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Come on . . . where are the Israel hating sympathizers? If this said Israel instead of Egypt they would be flooding in here

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx
Come on . . . where are the Israel hating sympathizers? If this said Israel instead of Egypt they would be flooding in here

It's hard to get excited when the report only states that the Egyptians "shot at the Palestinians", not that they killed anyone.

That's usually media speak for firing in the air.

No one wails like a Palestinian, if any had been killed I'm sure we would have seen or heard it by now.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

the official added on condition on anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the press.

It seems more and more breaking news stories have this phrase attached after their statement. It seems to me they might as well say " the propaganda official said". I seem to equate this statement every time to disinformation and propaganda.
As for the Egyptians firing on fleeing Palestinians, it is a sad situation but Egypt had to pick a side. And the side they picked I'm sure was their best attempt at what is best for Egypt.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

i completly agree

all the people who were quick to blast me in my now infamous `israel haters/antisemites` thread are suddenly quiet!

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
ah heck.

Whos next?
Anybody else wants a piece of Palestine?

Why dont we just have a "Kick A Palestinians Arss" Day?

This is stupid!

You know on second thought this will probably be turned so that this is either an Israel plot or George Bush or the CIA some how I think Egypt will get off the hook and the blame will go somewere else

[edit on 31-12-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
God your so right.... hypocrisy has nine lives. Just wait until masonwhatever comes with his army of 'untouchables'. But remember 300 Spartans had the hordes of Islam running back to their moon god.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 31-12-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

It's hard to get excited when the report only states that the Egyptians "shot at the Palestinians", not that they killed anyone.

That's usually media speak for firing in the air.

No one wails like a Palestinian, if any had been killed I'm sure we would have seen or heard it by now.

If it was Israel . . . you would have heard the wailing that the bullets that were "fired into the air" fell on some Palestinian kids that were out in the pasture eating dinner . . .

+22 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Personally I am still barfing at the first few replies. There is no difference who oppresses someone. Israel, USA, or Egypt. Most you people are truly heartless. May YOUR GODS help you.

AAC

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by plejarenentity

You truly are disgusting. You may have a few selfishly sinister ideologist to side with your rhetoric, but that doesn't make you any less of a bigot.

Oh so how soon do you forget about the Gestapo doing to Jews what the Jews are now doing to the Palestinians.

And it doesn't matter who it is, oppression is NEVER to be allowed. If your GOD thinks otherwise, your GOD is NO GOD!

AAC

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
reply to post by xxpigxx

Personally I am still barfing at the first few replies. There is no difference who oppresses someone. Israel, USA, or Egypt. Most you people are truly heartless. May YOUR GODS help you.

AAC

Where is the oppression from Egypt. They are trying to protect their borders from the Palestinians, who like to create havoc.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Are you really going to act like you weren't using this story to propagate your ideologies on Israel's stance with Palestinians?

And we also shoot at people that breech US checkpoints and guarded borders.

So what's the point if it's not what I implied?

BTW, I love how you guys star all of your replies.
So funny. Eeven when you're not saying anything.
...reaching.

AAC

[edit on 31-12-2008 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
Are you really going to act like you weren't using this story to propagate your ideologies on Israel's stance with Palestinians?

And we also shoot at people that breech US checkpoints and guarded borders.

So what's the point if it's not what I implied?

AAC

Yep . . . so why the stink when Israel protects it's borders and people . . . but not when Egypt does it? Why is it oppression when Israel does it, but not Israel. Why is it a feel-good show when Israel opens up the gates for aide, but none of the same sentiment for Egypt?

It is a double standard.

[edit on 31/12/2008 by xxpigxx]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Founding

God your so right.... hypocrisy has nine lives. Just wait until masonwhatever comes with his army of 'untouchables'. But remember 300 Spartans had the hordes of Islam running back to their moon god.

He'll say something like the Egyptian are Israeli stooges, Or they were corrupted by nude females on Aussie beaches sheesh

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Heh . . . guess no one really wants them around. They should really learn to take a hint, I guess.

Your respect for human life would make both Nazi Germany and the Israeli proud. One can only hope that your a Darwin award winner.

+23 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Haven't you notice it is OK when Egypt does it. But if that were Israelis opening fire on the Palestinians everyone would be shouting for their heads.

No.

It's wrong for anyone to open fire on them.
Where are they expected to go? Their country is besieged and clearly they want out.

They can't go through the Israeli border, they'll be shot there...

They can't evacuate via airspace, the Israelis have control over that.

They can't evacuate via sea, the Israelis have that blockaded.

They can't evacuate via Egypt, they're being shot there as well.

This is disgusting on all fronts. Let them out!
Somebody get a passageway open so they can at least have a tiny hope of exodus.

They're being cornered in and bombed... I don't care about Hamas, Israel, or Egypt... GET THE CIVILIANS OUT!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join