It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people assume that Barack Obama doesn't know anything?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I'm not going to play the race card here. I'm just asking why people assume he doesn't know anything. These people are against liberalism and the Democratic party. Yet I would think for someone who was a college professor that he would have read classic liberal text or have read Karl Marx at least. I think Obama probably knows more than he showed in his first time. And if he didn't really know anything other than generalizations when he first ran for President, or, knew how to show what he knew, I think we can assume that he'll change himself over the next 4 years and we'll probably see a more mature campaign in 2012.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The complaint against Obama that I hear the most often is that he lacks executive experience, which is a valid observation.

Another complaint or concern I hear is that Obama emerged from the same political machine atmosphere that is now under investigation in Illinois for corruption.

I can remember no one complaining that Obama knows nothing, at least in the way you describe that complaint.

Surely, he is well educated and extremely intelligent and what is more, since his election, he has been treated far better by the Right than GW was ever treated by the Left.

Some people are just hypersensitive, I guess.

[edit on 2008/12/30 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I wouldn't say he doesnt know anything but lack of global politics will show for the first few situations but he is assembling a good team well at least on paper and if their egos don't get in the way President Hillary I mean Obama should do fine

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I was being a jerk, mods please delete.

[edit on 30-12-2008 by Raustin]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   

I believe Obama knows practically nothing. Modern politicians spend their entire effort on learning NLP speaking techniques, attending fundraisers or begging for money, fending off personal attacks, negotiating deals, campaigning, attending meetings, "networking" aka getting in bed figuratively and literally with power-brokers, and managing their families. Why would a busy man like Obama want to waste his time solving problems or learning things when he can spend it plotting power grabs and plotting how to expand his "political capital".

I believe Americans know a lot. A lot of people say Americans don't know anything. No, ask us about our favorite TV show and our depth of knowledge will really astonish
Its not how much you know so much as what you know about. Obama does not know about using fact-based management and Obama does not know the important details about our countries problems.

[edit on 30-12-2008 by truthquest]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   

I don't really understand how you can come from the direction that you are in this case . Nobody to my knowledge has accused Obama of not knowing anything . Sure people have questioned his qualifications and experience to be president but that is not the same as what you are getting at . Its going to be a long four years if some of Obama supporters are as sensitive as some of there Bush counterparts were . : sighs :

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

I would disagree on the notion that Obama supporters are more sensitive than Bush supporters were. I think most of the Obama people out there even myself included are criticizing him way more than the Bush people did with Bush. We may not be criticizing him as harshly but we got enraged when he choose Rick Warren as the invocation person at the inauguration. Imagine how mad we'll be if he flip-flops on various decisions he makes...

As for what I was getting at with him not knowing much... I was saying that because when I watched him debate I think at the time he was talking in very general details. He wasn't trying to be too technical. I just think he wasn't able to show all of his knowledge or his ideas about what he believes in or his plans on how to work on his issues. He gave the impression to me that he was a concerned individual running for President. What I meant earlier was that I think he'll show a different side of him during the next campaign. I bet you he will be far more mature in the next campaign. In the next campaign he'll be ultra-specific as to what he wants to do relatively to the first one, and, I think he'll show a bit more of his knowledge. I know he's smarter than how he appeared to be in his first campaign. Maybe it was a sign that he was new to the game so he didn't know much... but... I thought that people assumed that since he was talking in generalizations that he didn't know much. Do you see what I'm saying?

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
First of all I said some of Obama supporters are as sensitive as some of there Bush counter parts not more so . Obama was elected on purely style rather then any substance that is why he didn't go into specifics about his policy's rather then any lack of knowledge . I understand what your saying perfectly its just that I don't agree with your rational.

new topics

top topics

join