It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Objects in Spirit Rover image

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Strange Objects in Spirit Rover image

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov

Spirit Rear Hazcam :: Sol 1721

Three unusual object on the Spirit cam from Day/Sol 1721
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
pic40.picturetrail.com
pic40.picturetrail.com
pic40.picturetrail.com
pic40.picturetrail.com

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I am not sure what I am seeing. NASA is claiming reflection but that to me with what I am seeing is impossible. I have included a work up of one of these "Four" images, and I gotta tell you, those two things look to me like what would be termed the sports model. Not sure of the object/building in the center.

What do you guys see? Can anyone present any evidense that any of these objects are related to the rover? Cause I would sure like to see it if you can work something up that looks like that.

I have included a few images that I have enlarged to make them easier to see, the curves and angles on these things.

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I think this has already been talked about here on ATS.. I believe it was found that what we are actually seeing is part of the rover itself. And if you look closely you can see that it does look tricky but that the actual martian sky in the photos do differ from the rest of the photo.. For example, this one..

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

At the top-right of the photo is a small triangle where we are actually seeing the martian sky. What we are seeing in the rest of the image is the martian landscape more or less chopped off by the bottom of what is probably solar panel(s). The actual line of the martian horizon is only in that top-right part of the photo... The line continuing to the left is the underside of that panel.

more or less it probably really is a reflection (like NASA sais) but maybe on the underside of the solar panel since that's what we are looking at.

-ChriS

[edit on 30-12-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
the above part is the camera visor and is reflecting the wheels (left/right) .. to see the reflection better look here:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reflections from the camera housing and the metal around it. It's parts of the rover. does look pretty cool though.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Maybe this animated gif will help

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Where is the news article we are supposed to be looking at? I thought this was breaking news?

Can't see anything unusual in any of the pictures either.

Mikey

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
How is this a strange image? It's completely and utterly obvious that it's a reflection.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by arizonascott
What do you guys see? Can anyone present any evidense that any of these objects are related to the rover? Cause I would sure like to see it if you can work something up that looks like that.

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...
It's definately just the underside rear of the rover, hence the camera name "rear hazcam."

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Maybe this animated gif will help

This was a most helpful post. Because the image is moving, it shows clearly how the metal hood reflects everything - and in different images. A long time ago my mom notices those same aberrations and got all excited about them until she realized they were, indeed, reflections.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That helped a lot, thank you. While I would love to be on here every day and look at every topic - anyone who comes here knows that is impossible.

You cleared this up for me quite quickly and with kindness.

Thanks - cheers and have a great New Years

top topics

join