It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a giant hole in the north pole?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Some evidence suggests so. Take a look at this picture.

Also, go google image north pole sattelite. Youll keep seeing that there is a black hole over a certain area at the north pole. Nasa says it is because, they dont graph that far north in the north pole. IMO, that is BS.

I dont know its hard to say. Alex collier does a presentation and shows an even better picture in his presentation. Just youtube "Alex Collier" Go to his really old B/W presentation. He has some pretty amazing photos.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by King neptune117

That photo kinda looks worked doesn't it? I may just be me, but i've never quite seen an image like that.

Good thread tho, what else you got on the subject, linked to HAARP in any way?

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
You really can't tell that that is a fake picture? HONESTLY???????? I mean seriously? Really seriously dude......... seriously!

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrnBdry
You really can't tell that that is a fake picture? HONESTLY???????? I mean seriously? Really seriously dude......... seriously!

Well i didn't wanna crush the guy, come on now.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
This place is moderated very well, and I wonder sometimes why things like this are allowed to become a thread/conversation when it's so clearly not real.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrnBdry
This place is moderated very well, and I wonder sometimes why things like this are allowed to become a thread/conversation when it's so clearly not real.

Nah, I say let this fodder go. I sit back and laugh my head off at the people that buy into this stuff! Gullibility has no end!

When they get the true answer they call it BS. WTF? I mean, where is Santa Claus going to live then! Doesn't anybody think of these things?

IRM

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
All jokes aside from an "artist's rendition" of a hole..

I definitely don't think it's possible. Such a mass would be unable to keep a hole that large. Naturally, it'd fill back in. Take a physics class and learn a little bit about what gravity is.

Also, I flew over the North Pole on my flight to Vietnam. From Chicago to Hong Kong, we flew over the NP because it's faster. The distance around the equator is longer than a round trip from the poles because of forces pulling on the equator.

Anyways, I didn't see such a hole that large..

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Oh man... I have to make a joke...

That is the hole in the Ozone layer that is going to kill us all! We need to spend Billions in research to find solutions.... the cause is "insert whatever here" and we need "whatever credits" to sell to companies that produce "whatever" and make a ton of profit doing this.....and a bunch of taxes to battle the extinction event of our time....

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Thanks for clearing that up Tsunami!

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsunamiLight
Anyways, I didn't see such a hole that large..

OK, I'll bite...

It begs the question then... How "large" was the hole you're pretending you saw then?

IRM

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
No, there is not a hole at the North Pole. I briefly went through a hollow Earth phase a few years ago and read as much as I could about the subject. I stopped when I found researchers who were trying to pass the Martian volcano, Olympus Mons, as a polar opening into the hollow Earth. The picture the OP has presented is so obviously altered it makes me wonder how this topic slipped past the moderators.

And NASA honestly doesn't take too many pictures of the polar regions. That's not B.S. The only reason why they take any at all of the polar areas is usually to measure the hole in the ozone layer over the South Pole. In fact, they rarely take pictures of any of the polar regions on any of the planets or moons in the solar system.

Of course, you can conspire all you want about the reasoning behind that.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by King neptune117

Oh yes, I see what your talking about. What could be under that black little hole LOL LOL

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
i think Admiral Richard Byrd in his voyages to the North Pole saw from his plane something like vast ice free plains, mamoths, rivers...

Come on guys it's a condecorated US Navy officer we're talking about here. Why would he lie?

Also why does the Piri Reis map of 1513 which has been copied from far older maps shows the North and South Poles completely detailed plus it shows areas of the North Pole without ice? How did the ancients knew about the North Pole? How did a turkish admiral knew about the poles?

Also the tibetans tell about a inner sun that's situated in the North Pole in the underground realm of Agartha, this inner sun they say is the cause for what we know as Aurora Borealis. Also they say there are vast underground tunnels all over the world that are entrances to Agartha these are: India, Peru, Brazil, Lhasa (Tibet) and the poles.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

My link that Phage came up with on a earlier thread showing how the Pi Reis map DOESN'T match up to the globe at all is currently on my work computer, I'll pull it for you... Wednsday when i get back.

Got a link for the Byrd quote, by chance?

I don't care what the Tibetans say, quiet honestly. Well, at least about the aura borealis, anyway. When it comes to that, I look up the people who spend time studying the Borealis.

Aurorae are produced by the collision of charged particles from Earth's magnetosphere, mostly electrons but also protons and heavier particles, with atoms and molecules of Earth's upper atmosphere (at altitudes above 80 km (50 miles)). The particles have energies of 1 to 100 keV. They originate from the Sun and arrive at the vicinity of Earth in the relatively low-energy solar wind. When the trapped magnetic field of the solar wind is favourably oriented (principally southwards) it connects with Earth's magnetic field, and solar particles enter the magnetosphere and are swept to the magnetotail. Further magnetic reconnection accelerates the particles towards Earth.

en.wikipedia.org...(astronomy)

Nasa also tends not to take pictures of large spaces of the ocean, suppose that's 'cause the oceans aren't really there to.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
guys lets all chill out here i can see this topic of hollow earth has obiviously gone on for to long for some people,
right :its ok the goverment arent lying to you theres not a big gapeping hole either end of the earth.
left:if there is it wouldnt be a physical hole as the inner earth dwellers have a far more advanced tech than us making a hollogram or by some means an etherial hole at will
me: mabey there is but your not gonna find out sitting in a chair discusing it on this site,even if some ones "evidence" convinces you, if its ballony your a fool living in a fantasy that is a danger to humanity
where'd all the level headed people who just agree that they dont know the answer to everything and agree its intresting to chat about these things.init
big up crwly brv

[edit on 30-12-2008 by 5ive the light]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TsunamiLight

That almost sounds like you DID see a hole.....
Just not one "that" large. Or it could be my interpretation of your writing.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Oh, my bad. I didn't see a hole at all.. Sorry for my poor communication.

Anyways, on the airplane, there's a projector that the airplane usually plays films on. On that projector, it just showed a map of where the plane was currently located at. I pretty much watched the entire time when I was anywhere near the north pole.

I've provided the flight path of my airplane. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure we took that route.. Nowhere during my flight did I see such a hole. No holes at all. From Chicago to Hong Kong. America is on the bottom.

If there indeed was a hole, I'd expect it to be much smaller than the artist's depiction shown from the TS's post.

Also, I doubt the existence of a hole purely because a mass of Earth wouldn't be able to hold up a giant shell.. I'm studying to be an astrophysicist.. so yeah. I once asked my teacher what gravity would be like inside a "hollow Earth" and he told me that we'd float. Mind you, he's a highly intellectual guy..

As for satellite imagery, they're just series of pictures placed in a shape of a spiral. Take this image for example.

Note how the following image is compiled of more images..

It's also how Google kind of creates their image in their Google Earth program.

I'm not dismissing the possibility that a hole at the North Pole could exist.. But I honestly don't think any of this is plausible.. Throw a little bit of logic, and it's understandable as to why it can't exist. There are reasons why it can exist as well, but the chances are much more unlikely..

[edit on 12/30/08 by TsunamiLight]

[edit on 12/30/08 by TsunamiLight]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
C'mon now. Think about it. If you have a "North pole", you need a "hole" to stick the pole in, right? Isn't that the way the natural world works? For every pole a hole? Al Gore's "Earth in the Balance" and all that nonsense?

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Hey I think he might be on to something - I just checked Google earth myself and I found this...

Have a great New year when it comes

Berth

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

This is true about the hole believe it or not it really does not matter, even if this picture is fake or not. Things you have no idea about is going on around so many people on this planet, that the only thing that matters is the fact that some of us know that it's their. Forget about what gravity or anything else does. Not everything is what you have been raised to believe from what your are taught growing up in this world. Like I said you can believe it or not it really doesn't matter, ignorance will always be amongst us...Beside's I'll let you in on something.... There are always people or organizations that live to keep you"the people of this world" from knowing what they do not want you to find out. If you are a person who is aware of what is going on around the world you would not be so ignorant to speak, learn the facts before calling anything or any1 a fake....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join