It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

camping spots in the UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Anyone in england who's into the bushcraft and camping scene, will be aware that it's not entirely legal to basically camp out 'wherever you like'. You wont instantly be arrested 100% of the time.. you just have to be sure not to camp 5 minutes from a busy village - etc!

Nether the less. Can any brits suggest any 'campable' woodlands across the UK where it's relatively unlikely I'll be held at gun point for lighting a hobo stove at 1am.

For anyone interested, I'm trying to plan out a sort of camping tour where I camp somewhere different each weekend every fortnight. I'll post the dates/locations here when finished, and anyone interested will be more than welcome to experience camping in unfamiliar grounds!

Bigmoose

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigmoose
Anyone in england who's into the bushcraft and camping scene, will be aware that it's not entirely legal to basically camp out 'wherever you like'. You wont instantly be arrested 100% of the time.. you just have to be sure not to camp 5 minutes from a busy village - etc!

Nether the less. Can any brits suggest any 'campable' woodlands across the UK where it's relatively unlikely I'll be held at gun point for lighting a hobo stove at 1am.

For anyone interested, I'm trying to plan out a sort of camping tour where I camp somewhere different each weekend every fortnight. I'll post the dates/locations here when finished, and anyone interested will be more than welcome to experience camping in unfamiliar grounds!

Bigmoose

Do a google for Wild Camping Forum, its a web site that list thousands of wild camping spots for motorcampers. Forgot to mention due to a cock up in the Scots parliament its now legal to camp just about anywhere in Scotland.

www.wildcamping.co.uk...

[edit on 30-12-2008 by Northern Raider]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Do a google for Wild Camping Forum, its a web site that list thousands of wild camping spots for motorcampers. Forgot to mention due to a cock up in the Scots parliament its now legal to camp just about anywhere in Scotland.

www.wildcamping.co.uk...

Well Well Well, the Northern Raider strikes oil again...
If you want to practice your bit out doors, head to scotland for the week.

I will try this within the year as I do believe the Scots parliment will try and resolve what they have cocked up on.

Again, good info and link NR, thanks.

join