It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Alabama UFO December 29, 2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
At 6:15 tonight, from Jefferson County, I saw another "moving star" when I went walking. There wasn't any flashing FAA lights or engine sound, so, it wasn't a plane. For context, there were other planes in the sky tonight that you could hear & see their flashing lights. It was also a Very clear night.

I noticed this "moving star" when I looked up after a passing car. It was brighter than the other stars and its movement was more prevalent at first. It's brightness gradually diminished as it traveled in a downward arc. Its downward trajectory led me to believe that it was a meteor or shooting star, but, this object was moving very slow, suggesting control possibly. Shooting stars are so quick, they're instantaneous. This was almost glacial in its pace.

I pulled out my cell phone camera again (read previous sighting) and held it up to the area to see if it would pick up. Despite the very clear night, there just wasn't enough light for it to show up on my phone.

I kept watching it, then noticed a cool, jerking effect in its flight. It was like a start & stop jerky motion that occurred twice. I thought that this could be a meteor burning up through the atmosphere (likely) but, this had to be the Slowest shooting star or possibly something else. A satellite? (do they have flashing FAA lights? Again, this object did not). A UFO phasing into some invisibility cloaking?

Anybody see this "moving star" or UFO tonight (Dec. 29, 2008)?

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by EclipseReloaded

Anybody see this "moving star" or UFO tonight (Dec. 29, 2008)?

Got a video?

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Sounds like you're describing a satellite. Since the sun is illuminating them high above the earth, they do look just like stars moving across the sky. They don't have flashing lights, or any lights for that matter.

Particles in the atmosphere, or even rising heat might explain the jerky motion you saw, but you'd know better since you saw it.

Whenever we camp out under the stars up in the desert, I can usually spot a couple.

Peace

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I am from LA (lower Alabama) and yes I see what you are seeing. I see them all the time here. The later it gets, the lower they get. It is a very clear night (right now). You should watch more in the late, late hours, because there is always something crazy and unexplainable going on then.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Why Alabama? Anyone have any ideas?

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EclipseReloaded

Pooler, GA
I saw the same light when my fiancee thought that she heard something or someone outside the house and I was thinking that it might be a satellite but for me it was truly a Mulder moment as she didn't see a thing...( I must have caught the tale end of it cause it was only visible for a few seconds.)

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary since your last post when I did see something abnormal. I hate to poke at you but didn't you say you'd start carrying around a camera?

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I attend college down in Jefferson County, Alabama and last December I saw something in the sky that was unusual.

The thing I saw had different color lights. The colors were something close to a rainbow pattern, but it wasn't a rainbow. The way it was moving was weird to me because it didn't move like a normal plane or aircraft of any sort.

This happen about on the 4th or the 5th of December, 2007.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by beaverg

I thought it could be a satellite, but, unless this one was falling to Earth, it doesn't seem likely. This object was progressing in a downward arcing trajectory.

Bright when I first saw it, sustained that brightness, moving slowly, horizontally before arcing downward...then g-r-a-d-u-a-l-l-y diminished from view as opposed to shooting stars that are quick bursts.

Beaverg, I did say I was going to start bringing my regular camera because I see similiar objects from time to time. My cell phone's camera is worthless at night, so I should. Just forgot to...

I've got a Canon, 8 megapixel camera that has various settings, like "Night Snapshot, " that turns out well. I'll carry it in my jacket from now on.

It might be a couple of weeks or a couple of months before I see one of these things again, hopefully, they'll will be brighter & closer like my last two sightings (whatever they are, I'll take a picture).

I go walking about five or six nights per week, so, stay tuned. Something is out there.

top topics

join