It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Con Con from Virginia in the makings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I realize there is another Thread concerning Con Con's, but I bring this here to make aware to everyone's attention. I read somewhere on google and correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Virginia just tried to pass a Con Con in early of 2008?.

Republican State Senator Emmett Hanger revealed that he plans to sponsor a bill in the 2009 Virginia General Assembly that will "cause a few eyebrows to raise." According to a report on the forum posted today on DNRonline.com (The Daily News Record, Harrisonburg, Va.), Sen. Hanger "wants to get the states to call a constitutional convention to add an amendment to the U.S. Constitution requiring the federal government to balance its budget each year."

www.jbs.org...

I was always curious as to who was behind these Con Con's, but this might be a clue......

Yesteday morning local state legislators and business leaders met in Harrisonburg, Virginia at a forum sponsored by the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Chamber of Commerce and the National Federation of Independent Business. The four Republican lawmakers in attendance listened to concerns from the business community and outlined steps they would take to protect businesses in the current dangerous economy.

I've tried to find the Text to this bill, but it seems to be either blocked or not accessible while googling, is it deliberate or another reason I'm not sure but I'll keep trying.

any input is welcome, if anyone else has info please post it.

Link

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29/12/2008 by Mirthful Me]

[edit on 29-12-2008 by tiso_us]

join