It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified object crashes July 2008.NV then hauled away by black choppers!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   

UFO CRASH NEAR NEEDLES

A large object with a turquoise hue plummeted out of the sky earlier this summer and plowed into the ea(July 29, 2008) - Word is leaking out about the details of a UFO sighting that occurred in May of this year, south of Laughlin, Nevada near Needles, California. The turquoise glowing object came crashing out of the night sky skidding into the desert. A houseboat occupied by a man missing since the incident reported the crash as well as several others in the small desert town on the California, Arizona, Nevada border. Reports say that within 17 minutes of the incident several black helicopters were in the area. The owner of the Needles radio station said there was military and police activity there all night. The Laughlin Airport has no one on duty after 6:00 p.m. but several people reported Janet Airline traffic all night ..."planes were coming and going" according to one witness- Janet is the non-scheduled airline that has been known to fly in and out of Area 51 and the private or non commercial terminal at McCarran Field, the Las Vegas commercial airport.
rth south of Las Vegas near Needles, California.

www.jerrypippin.com...
www.klas-tv.com...

Then they got another piece of the puzzle -- a call from a man who lives in a houseboat on the river, who said he saw the fiery object -- that it had crashed about 100 yards west of the river, that it landed with a thump. Hayes says he's known the witness for years by the name Bob on the river. Bob thought a plane had crashed and tried to call 911 but his cell wouldn't work, so he moved his boat out into the river, and then heard the helicopters.

The black vehicles have left Needles. Bob the houseboat guy can't be found either.

Just found this on the Jerry pippen site and thought I'd share it I'm looking into it as best as I can as well as trying to get some more info this sounds like a clasic case of uncle sam doing some clean up after some visitors lost control of the ship!What do we have here folks? There is also some video of the news broadcats on the link page as well but I couldnt get them to work for me, Any recent info on this?

[edit on 29-12-2008 by alyosha1981]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
supossedly there will be a picture of an object that people believe is the same type of object seen by witneses in the above case, posted on the C2C web site. I'll try to link to it when it gets posted.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I usually avoid the topic of UFO's - to much disinformation regarding "reptilians that rule the world," etc. However, this does not appear to be an alien UFO.

The evidence suggests that this was some kind of top secret project, or experiment that went wrong. The following notes were taken from the articles listed at the end of this post:

On the morning of May 14, 2008, a turquoise light was seen coming from an object in the sky. The object was going fast and began to slow down, then it picked up speed again.

A fisherman named Bob had been drifting down the Colorado River in his houseboat when the large glowing cylinder plunged to the ground near his boat. Bob said "It looked like something that was on fire falling out of the sky. It didn't look like a meteor. I've seen meteors before. It looked like a plane crashing." "It didn't crash, it didn't explode, it went poof -- a thump."

Bob used his cell phone to call KTOX radio in Needles to report what he had seen.

Only 17 minutes after the object had crashed, at least four helicopters and a large sky crane arrived at the scene. Two of the helicopters kept their search lights on the houseboat, while the other two helicopters began circling the crash site area and cables from the sky crane were connected to the crashed object. The sky crane then picked up the object and headed North.

Several witnesses observed the formation of helicopters flying with the object, which they described as "about the size of a semi-trailer, oval, or oblong shaped. and glowing a faint green. Retired intelligence Colonel John Alexander pointed out "It's only unidentified to you. They know what it is,"

The aerial procession was spotted flying over Bullhead City, heading towards Las Vegas. This flight path leads directly to Area 51.

Although Bob said that he was not taken into custody, he would not say if he had been contacted or questioned by anyone. Bob also said "I don't believe we were meant to see this." Bob went underground to avoid the UFO hunters who wanted him to guide them to the crash sight.

On the day of the crash, several dark military vehicles were seen in the area. One vehicle was a large four-wheel drive truck with a dome on top and a black structure which resembled the shape of a stealth fighter. The other vehicles were vans, which appeared to be support vehicles. They were unmarked and had U.S. government license plates. The occupants had a military appearance, but they were not in uniform.

Latter that day, the owner of KTOX radio (the station that Bob had called) noticed one of the military vehicles parked outside of his station.

The following day, Toni Fagan had an encounter with one of the strange men. He asked if she knew what had hit the water, if she knew how big it was, or if she knew what color it was. The man became very frustrated when she told him that she "had not really been paying attention."

Several others also had encounters with government agents over the following days, sort of like Men in Black, asking tough questions.

A former Intelligence officer explained "If you are in counter intelligence and you want to protect our technology, asking questions of people like, ‘What did you see?' gives a pretty good indication if they need to clean something up, or if they need to create a cover story'"

Ex-cop Frank Costigan said he chatted with one of the men outside a grocery store. The man was wearing a shirt that said "Nevada Test Site". Frank asked him "Exactly where is it?" The man replied ‘Area 51.'"

During the next few months, local reporters contacted police agencies, the Laughlin Airport, the weather service, the FAA and several military bases in the area. They also filed records requests with more than a dozen federal state and local agencies. No one claimed to have any knowledge of the incident.

- Although two federal intelligence agencies stated they had no records that could be released.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
can we get some more sources? also, is this the same turquoise object that UFO hunters ran a piece on? I believe the episode was "Crash and Retrieval".

Star for finding this.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Bummer, ran out of room.

Continued from above...

Reporters were able to obtain records of a transponder reading from the morning of May 14, 2008, confirming that at least one military helicopter had been operating in the area at the time. The helicopter was listed as being based in Europe. Several more helicopters were also sighted nearby in Henderson. These were attached to a special ops group known as the Night Stalkers.

Articles and videos:

New UFO Mystery Surfaces

Mystery on the River

Mystery on the River Part 2

Chasing UFO's on the River

UFO recovered by Military in Las Vegas

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
i heard of this from a friend of mine who lives in the area.
he says that his sister saw the object and told her mother, but her mother doubted her and left it be until the following morning when their town was plagued with theories and personal explanations.
glad to see this story made it here.
i'd love to see some of the more experienced people in the field give their take on this.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I posted a thread about this when it happened:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy, there actually good info in that thread.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by skid

That's interesting. I've never really heard or seen a military individual refer to it as "Area 51"... I'm skeptical about that comment, in particular.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JScytale

Yes it was the same case. Not much information was dug up about it. UFO hunters didn't really get anything new, except they found Bob the Boatman.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
i think a ufo hunters episode about this... was a boring episode though like most episodes of that show.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jouseroni
i think a ufo hunters episode about this... was a boring episode though like most episodes of that show.

In general, I find that show a rehash of what I seen on ATS 3-4years ago

I wasted some money buying a couple DVD sets from them, I Knowing what I know now, I certainly would have spent my money elsewhere. The people that do it may be sincere, but the producer certainly isn't. Seems like a ratings grabber - to me. Status Quo for them, it seems.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ecidemon

I wasted some money buying a couple DVD sets from them, I Knowing what I know now, I certainly would have spent my money elsewhere. The people that do it may be sincere, but the producer certainly isn't. Seems like a ratings grabber - to me. Status Quo for them, it seems.

i've always felt the same - there is rarely new evidence in UFO hunters episodes. what I *do* like about them is the fact they have a wide array or perspectives in their team (or did). Most UFO shows either ridicule the subject indirectly or get way too carried away. UFO Hunters had a very solid balance, even if the show's direction was iffy and they rarely found truly new information.

One benefit of that? If they touched upon an incident you hadn't heard about, and you got interested, chances are there was a TON of information about it on the net to satisfy your thirst for answers.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ecidemon

yeah pretty much i'm not a big fan of the show at all. i did however like the ufo program that they used to show on history i think it was called "ufo files" i always found that one much more interesting then ufo hunters.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I'm quite interested in this thread so I've done a search to find out more

The date of the crash seems to be 1 August 2008 on some sites and not July 29, 2008 - so not sure which is the correct date

Also found this video on one site of an interesting (possible) fragment

www.youtube.com...

Statement: "...this was found at one of my desert properties in a crater like hole. I found other parts that seem to be one thing at one time and never ran into anything into something like this. Maybe UFO parts! Let me know what you think! Its not man made, its super heavy, was trying to buff a smaller part like this and its like it has platinum or nickle mixed with iron but super heavy and yes a magnet will attach its self to it. found about 4 feet down in the crater like hole."

Sourced from HERE

[edit on 9/6/09 by Daisy-Lola]

Interview with "Bob"
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Deleted as links were listed above

I know I know, 2 line minimum!

top topics

join