It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot = Missing Link DNA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Ok ive been sitting on this idea for a few months, and im almost entirely certain i never posted a thread discussing it, so I decided why not go for it and see where it goes.

What got me thinking about this, was the recent Bigfoot fiasco involving the major media. Im sure its still fresh in everyone's memory.

Ok before i get started I wanna lay out some guidance for where I want this discussion to go (and im aware alot of you dont care where i want it to go).

Anyways
#1 - This is not a thread discussing if "bigfoot is real" or if "bigfoot is fake"
#2 - This is not a debate about if a particular "bigfoot case" was a "hoax" or not.

What is this thread about then?
A) Discussing the potential for the govt to cover up evidence of bigfoot.
B) Question why the govt would hide such a seemingly harmless reality.

Heres how my thinking developed, back when the latest Bigfoot Fiasco went down (all over the MSM) , and then once the body "disappeared" and it all turned into a "wow its a hoax" ; I began questioning things.

What if, they really did catch bigfoot?
And what if, the govt confiscated the corpse, and paid 10's of millions $ to shut the people who discovered it up?

But why? Why would the govt cover up a silly ape? Doesnt make any sense right? Exactly. Thats when an idea fell upon me that does make sense of it all.

Now, if you havent read the terra papers or studied any sumerian mythology, i dont even know how you found my thread. This is the UFO section of ATS and any of you should know alot about those subjects.

IN the TerraPapers (read them!) it was mentioned that Ea created "modern" man from a "beast" that was described alot like a ape-like being.

What if Bigfoot is this "ape" mentioned in the Terra Papers?

Basically bigfoot is a primate that was indigenous to earth and then used his DNA to make Human DNA .

Maybe thats why the govt keeps "disappearing" the bodies? Becuase if scientists got their hands on bigfoot, and checked his DNA codes::
Perhaps Bigfoots DNA is CLOSER to human DNA than a chimpanzee!!!???

This would give them a very strong case for covering up Bigfoot, because HE is the missing link in the DNA chain that connects Mankind with the other primates!

because if scientists discovered Bigfoot and that his DNA was the closest match to humanity, it would require us to re-write our entire history.

And it would beg the question, was there alien intervention? are we a product of alien genetic expierments?

Thats why we need to get a bigfoot hair, or drop of blood. So we can see what the DNA code really looks like and get to the bottom of this.

Think about it, every culture on earth has stories about a huge ape Bigfoot, sasquatch, yeti , etc.

Bigfoot is said to walk on 2 legs, with both arms free. The only primate that does that is HUMANS.

Just think about it, and share your thoughts.
Any imput from anyone on this subject would be much appreciated, thanks.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
because if scientists discovered Bigfoot and that his DNA was the closest match to humanity, it would require us to re-write our entire history.

And it would beg the question, was there alien intervention? are we a product of alien genetic expierments?

I don't really understand why either of those would be the case. If Bigfoot was proven to exist, then we could look at its DNA and have a go at describing its natural history. It would be inevitable that we'd share an ancestor at some point. What would it matter if its closest living 'relative' was human? If we'd only discovered chimpanzees yesterday, it wouldn't require us to rewrite anything. What am I missing? What would be the evolutionary problem?

Thats why we need to get a bigfoot hair, or drop of blood. So we can see what the DNA code really looks like and get to the bottom of this.

With respect, we need to get those things, primarily, to establish that Bigfoot even exists. Until then, all speculation is moot, and there isn't anything to 'get to the bottom of'.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Regarding the latest bigfoot fiasco. You say the body dissapeared? When? That was a proven hoax if I remember correctly. I know you don't want this to turn into a debate about the existence of bigfoot, but there is not 1 iota of evidence (credible) that such a creature does exist, therefore the discussion is flawed.

Also, why is this thread in the ALIEN AND UFO section? Shouldn't it be in the mythological beasts section?

[edit on 29-12-2008 by sensfan]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Now, if you havent studied any sumerian mythology, i dont even know how you found my thread.

What Sumerian mythology says and Sitchin's interpretation are two very different things.

Perhaps Bigfoots DNA is CLOSER to human DNA than a chimpanzee!!!???

This would give them a very strong case for covering up Bigfoot, because HE is the missing link in the DNA chain that connects Mankind with the other primates!

I'm with Damagedoor. I don't see how any of this would "re-write" our history. It is well accepted already that humans are apes and closely related to chimpanzees and other great apes. We have already accepted non-homo sapien human and hominids, closer related to us than chimpanzees, as part of our family tree. I don't see how discovering Bigfoot is part of that family tree would be that groundshaking or disturbing enough for a cover-up. Some researchers are believe Bigfoot may be a relic population of Paranthropus.

I don't see why there would be a need to insert supernaturalism where mundane evolution is just as likely an explanation.

Think about it, every culture on earth has stories about a huge ape Bigfoot, sasquatch, yeti , etc.

Not necessarily. You may interpret these stories as being about Bigfoot, but they could easily be due to a number of things. They could be a societal-memory of non-homo-sapien species of humans our ancestors encountered; they could be stories of their enemies, transformed by time and retelling; and they could just be stories.

[edit on 29-12-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Great topic, unfortunatly I don't see ANY connection to UFO's or Aliens, its certainly the case Bigfoot is a terrestrial being. So therefore I fail to see why you posted this HERE. Maybe you can enlighten us about that, otherwise I hope its moved to an appropriate forum setting.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

...im aware alot of you dont care where i want it to go.

#1 - This is not a thread discussing if "bigfoot is real" or if "bigfoot is fake"
#2 - This is not a debate about if a particular "bigfoot case" was a "hoax" or not.

Apparently you jinxed yourself with these statements.

What is this thread about then?
A) Discussing the potential for the govt to cover up evidence of bigfoot.
B) Question why the govt would hide such a seemingly harmless reality.

This subject is 'on topic' in this section, even if the OP didn't articulate why clearly enough for you.

I have a theory that "aliens" are either:

1. "extra-dimensional" entities with no corporeal forms of their own.
2. flesh and blood, "carbon based" folks like us, but too far away to actually visit this planet physically.

...Either way, I think that they use the genetic material of local fauna & flora to create physical 'avatars' for themselves to observe, influence, or manipulate items and events in our world.

This would explain why 'aliens' always appear "humanoid", and people claim to see reptilian, insectoid, sasquatch and "hybrids". It could explain 'incubus/succubus' folklore and many other 'unexplainable' phenomena.

I think the 'grays' are the very human fetuses that they allegedly kidnap, and are the proverbial 'goblins' that kidnap young maidens and take them to a 'shimmering castle in the sky'.

I think 'bigfoot' could also be a genetically mutated human, grown in an artificial womb to its largest, strongest and hairiest extremes, possibly used for labor, security, or lord knows what.

I know this sounds like far-out sci-fi, and I really hope I'm wrong, but in my many years of research on 'unexplainable phenomena', I keep finding things that back it up.

And to address why the government would want to cover this up, I think it could be because there has been a 'cap' placed on what mainstream science is 'allowed' to study.

The real research is done in secret, by people who have proven over and over again that they're willing to play the game: follow directions without question in compartmentalized studies, and KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT! And if they slip up, their loved ones are threatened until they agree to become disinformation agents.

I think they know what bigfoot is, and to reveal that would compromise the 'cap', and all the other lies that are in place as implements of fear and control.

SO... I don't think that bigfoot is the missing link, but I think it's possible that there is no such link - that Sitchin was on to something after all, and we're the product of genetic tampering by 'ETs'.

(Please see works by Jack Lapseritis & Raymond Fowler if you're interested in Sasquatch's 'UFO' connection, or ETs using our genetic material for their own purposes.)

[edit - tags]

[edit on 12/29/2008 by Teratoma]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
No, its not "on topic" unless Bigfoot has been seen flying around in a silver saucer, it belongs in cryptology or something NOT HERE
\
Quit trolling & stuffing your posts with irrelevant crap Im sick of this going on here

[edit on 29-12-2008 by atsbeliever]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by atsbeliever

I don't have to mention that many alleged Bigfoot sightings correspond to UFO activity. There are plenty of others who feel that the two topics are related - as well as some who consider it to be ONE TOPIC

Did you bother to check the links I provided at the bottom of my post?

There have been books written on the subject; and EVERYTHING I posted is not only relevant to this forum, but also to the OP's questions. How you could consider my post "trolling" is beyond me; I question your very understanding of the term. If you don't want to participate in the discussion that is your right, but what you posted above is ENTIRELY OFF TOPIC and amounts to nothing but IRRELEVANT CRAP.

[edit on 12/29/2008 by Teratoma]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Heres how my thinking developed, back when the latest Bigfoot Fiasco went down (all over the MSM) , and then once the body "disappeared" and it all turned into a "wow its a hoax" ; I began questioning things.

If you are referring to the one I am thinking of, the body didn't disapear. They stuck the costume in a freezer.

Now, if you havent read the terra papers or studied any sumerian mythology, i dont even know how you found my thread. This is the UFO section of ATS and any of you should know alot about those subjects.

TO be honest with you? We have thing here called Recent Posts. It's pretty useful.
Never really read the Terra Papers, but have read through some of the Sumerian Legends. Amazes me people still isten to Stitchin about his supposed translation.

Well, of course there's also Homo Habilis, Homo Erectus, the other early hominids, as well as Neanderthal, our genetic cousins. There is plenty of evidence that links us to early primates.
Seein as Humans are primates for that matter... tends to link us back to the other primates.

Er... why?

Bigfoot is said to walk on 2 legs, with both arms free. The only primate that does that is HUMANS.

Yes, hominids due so pretty much soley, however animals like bears, or even our genetic relatives monkeys, chimps ect. will walk around on two legs for a fair amount of time.

Actually we need that just to prove they exist at all. Most likely being hominids they are related to us.
Personally, as far as a possible Bigfoot I'd go with [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GigantopithecusGigantopithecus

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
As far as evidence that we are related to aliens is concerned you might like to read this extract about a Sydney man's sexual encounter which resulted in hair being left behind and subsequently analyzed.

". . . mitochondrial DNA analysis of the hair shaft from
a reportedly tall, blonde alien female shows that she is
biologically close to normal human genetics, but of an
unusual racial type. . . . One might predict further that
her DNA should match closely that of racial types in
Finland, Iceland, or Scandinavia, given the long, thin
blonde hair as direct evidence, plus her tall stature and
fair skin from eyewitness testimony, but . . . that seems
not to be the case.
. . . The blonde hair provides for a strange and
unusual DNA sequence, showing five consistent substitutions
from a human consensus (present in all cloned
sequences), which could not easily have come from
anyone else in the Sydney area except by the rarest of
chances; is not apparently due to any sort of laboratory
contamination; and is found only in a few other people
throughout the whole world.
What implications might these comparisons have
for possible authenticity of the alien hair sample as
collected by the young man in Sydney in 1992? While
it would not be impossible for him to have had sexual
contact with some fair-skinned, nearly albino female
from the Sydney area, such an explanation is ruled out
by the DNA evidence, which fits only a Chinese Mongoloid
as a donor of the hair. Furthermore, while it
might be possible to find a few Chinese in Sydney with
the same DNA as seen in just 4% of Taiwanese women,
it would not be plausible to find a Chinese woman here
with thin, almost clear hair, having the same rare DNA.
Finally, that thin blonde hair could not plausibly represent
a chemically-bleached Chinese (including the root),
because then it’s DNA could not easily have been
extracted.
The most probable donor of the hair must therefore
be as the young man claims: a tall blonde female who
does not need much color in her hair or skin as a form
of protection against the sun, perhaps because she does
not require it. Could this young man really have provided,
by chance, a hair sample which contains DNA
from one of the rarest human lineages known . . . that
lies further from the mainstream than any other except
for African Pygmies and aboriginals?"

The full link is:

www.cufos.org...

This would suggest that we quite possibly are the result of alien tampering as the OP suggests. Also saw an article recently saying that as a species humans have more genetic defects by far than any other "pure" species.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Hrere are links to articles regarding bodies, bones and hair which have been collected but few results ever come to light.

Bones:
www.yowiehunters.com.au...

Body:
www.yowiehunters.com.au...

Hair analysis:
www.bigfootencounters.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I have also wondered why supposed mating has occurred between humans and bigfoot-type creatures which resulted in 'viable' offspring. Meaning, they were able to, in turn, have their own children. Mules can't.

Why then do humans with rh neg and rh pos blood types have so much trouble?

Can someone tell me if other species have opposing blood types, or are humans the only ones??

If not, how does this occur in the same species unless there has been genetic modification somewhere down the track?

I agree with the OP seems to me like someone's been messing with us and it's not only TPTB.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by atsbeliever
No, its not "on topic" unless Bigfoot has been seen flying around in a silver saucer, it belongs in cryptology or something NOT HERE
\
Quit trolling & stuffing your posts with irrelevant crap Im sick of this going on here

[edit on 29-12-2008 by atsbeliever]

how does the hypothetical hypothesis that bigfoot was used by aliens as a basis to create human dna from NOT suppost to be in the UFO section?

i just dont see where else it would go aside of *skunkworks*? possibly?

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

It could've gone in "Cryptozoology" or "Aliens & UFOs", but since you decided to put it here, I tried to share what I could to show how I believe that "aliens" and Sasquatches (not sure how to pluralize that) might be of both terrestrial and extraterrestrial origin.

Anyway, there are some good posts in this thread, so let's focus on the positive. Heffo7's posts are very interesting and even The skeptical posts (the ones that fit the criteria you requested) are informative.

There are quite a few threads on ATS about the bigfoot/ufo connection, and a wealth of references available just by Googling "bigfoot UFO connection".

You may want to check out the book, The Psychic Sasquatch by the author I mentioned before named Jack "Kewaunee" Lapseritis. Incidentally, my good friend and neighbor knows Kewaunee, and has told me some pretty far-out stuff about him.

ATSbeliever's comment made me chuckle, as Kewaunee claims to have ridden in a spaceship with Bigfoot. I know how that is going to go over with many folks here, and I make no claims as to the validity of his story. If that keeps someone from wanting to read his work, I completely understand. Personally, I'd love to talk to someone who says things like that, whether I "believe" them or not.

Considering the ramblings of a madman (this is used figuratively; I respect Mr. Lapseritis and I don't consider his work to be 'rambling' or him to be 'mad') isn't going to damage my ability to learn.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Teratoma

very interesting, thank you for the info

that book looks promising ill try to find a copy at my local library when the snow melts

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: damagedoor

If Bigfoot has human DNA, I wonder how they are fairing in the clovid - 19 pandemic. Speculation of course on my part. Maybe it's rough out there for them.😁

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: vance

But if it does exits, it's an expert at social distancing and staying several feet away from others.

posted on Apr, 26 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: vance

But if it does exits, it's an expert at social distancing and staying several feet away from others.
Right. But I am curious if they are struggling in the wilderness and if they are, would it cause them to make mistakes. Idk, just wild speculation. 😁

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Well...

• We have no really good video of a Bigfoot/Sasquatch. They are either very crappy (on purpose?) or proven hoaxes.
  • No type of lair has ever been found. They must live somewhere.
  • No capture (though there are older accounts of it that we cant verify).
  • No body has ever been found, as far as we know.
  • No credible remains have been found that we can check (hair, blood, etc).

That indicates that the creature we are talking about must have some really unique physical and mental abilities, beyond anything else on this planet.

Yes bears and wolves and other large animals that we know exist, can stay away from humans, but we can film them and sneak up on them never the less. You can place trail cams in the wild that send you pictures if you dont want to leave your mark and scare away a creature while frequetly checking it. They can keep going for a year and costs basically nothing nowadays. But nope, nothing. And then we have the Bigfoot hunters that help ridicule this, most of them are retards just like the ghost hunters, running around making noises and end up with the conclusion that every birdnoise is a Bigfoot talking to them.

So we have the 2 main possibilities being brought up:

It's a relative to the human race or the last remnants of a different branch on the ape-tree:
I find this theory on the border to impossible. Since we then have another human species that isn't evolved enough to construct buildings or form advanced societies, but still living among us undetected to this day. Cremo/Thomson reluctantly plays with the idea in Forbidden Archeology. Forced to live underground by the increasing number of humans? The theory would explain a lot of things but it raises more questions than it answers. I don't buy it.

It's connected to UFO activity (They are alien/Protected by aliens, take your pick):
The problem is that this requires explaining an unexplained phenomenon (Bigfoot) with another unexplained phenomenon (UFO activity). And on top of that ad some conspiracy theories including government involvement. It's a classic misstake to try to define one unknown variable with another unknown variable. The possible errors are just too many for this theory to be taken seriously. It's like rounding off several times in an equation, the final answer often is too far from the truth.

The most probable explanation imo is that it falls under the same category as foklore. Like Vaettirs and Nissers in Scandinavian folklore. Similarities? There are many: People see them regularly but few traces have ever been found. Try to run up on one and it will disappear or run away. They are seen all over the world, but differs a bit in appearance. The list can be made pretty long. Sure the Sasquatch/Yeti/Bigfoot have been seen by indigenous people forever but I don't know if it makes them more probably than a Mare attacking a farmer at night.

It's part of our heritage to believe in these creatures, and if people want to hunt for them, go ahead. I wouldn't waste my time though unless some new and incredible evidence comes out. It's something to talk about around the camp fire or exciting kids with.

And if there is something out there it clearly don't want to be found.

new topics

top topics

join