Why do people ignore the palestine/egyptian border?

page: 1
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
it's very simple. Isreal block. Go other way.
The only reason I can think of that people will ignore this solution is because maybe i've been "had" and it doesn't exist????
I'm going insane over this!!!! search for the thread that talks about egyptians firing on palestinians trying to get across the border...no one cares? only when isreal does it? isreal was getting frigging fired on!!!! Egypt turns their own brothers away, then I say that pretty much sums up whose fault that whole situation is.
I don't mean to sound heartless or anything but the facts just don't add up, and it seems that people are skipping math on purpose.
edit: oh in case you haven't heard the isrealis are blocking all food into palestine, so apparently there's no other way in and they're starving.

[edit on 28-12-2008 by heyo]




posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
this thread is directly for the purpose of finding out why people ignore this simple cause/effect or conflict resolution process.....if somebody puts me in my place with some new info that'd be great cause then i would stop climbing up the walls and around teh staircase in confusion.



posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I answered your question in one of the other Hamas/Palestinian/Israeli thread going around. It is just easier and more common to blame the Jews or Israel for all the problems in the world. I agree with you 100% that people are ignoring or downplaying Egypt's role in this crisis. People should ask Egypt why they also closed their border to Gaza. It isn't because they like Israel and want to be their drinking buddy. It is because they don't want Hamas causing problems in their land.



posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I answered your question in one of the other Hamas/Palestinian/Israeli thread going around. It is just easier and more common to blame the Jews or Israel for all the problems in the world. I agree with you 100% that people are ignoring or downplaying Egypt's role in this crisis. People should ask Egypt why they also closed their border to Gaza. It isn't because they like Israel and want to be their drinking buddy. It is because they don't want Hamas causing problems in their land.


It's hard for me to accept people would think that way in the face of such facts...like it's not even being debated. AUTOMATIC STAR IF YOU BLAME THE JEWS seems to be the trend these days ( i shouldn't generalize, for this subject only i should say)



posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo
 


Yes, stars if you blame the Jews. But then again you didn't blame Israel and I gave you a star.

If you notice, your subject is still being ignored. Next time title it something beneficial to Israel and you will get pages after pages of people slandering Israel.

You make a good point and people are ignoring like it was the plague.



posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
i know everyone acts like Egypt is a "muslim" nation but in reality i dont see that at all

Egypt is quite westernized for being in Africa

they have cellphones, cars, roads, skyscrapers, corporations, internet, etc.

Egypt is a westernized nation by these standards.

but overall u raise a good point

obviously Egypt is in cahoots with Israel to commit genocide.

I wonder why? Seems like a waste of bullets imo.

Look, its not like theres oil under palestine right?

Or is there oil there? I mean if theres Oil there it would really explain why this is happening.



posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
people turn a blind eye to egypt so they can have an excuse to hate the jews



posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
........I just can't bring myself to believe that it must be somethig else.



posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This is hysterical. I was just talking to another member here privately last night as to why everyone blames Israel for closed borders with Gaza but Egypt hardly ever receives the same scrutiny. I'd like to hear from those who frequently bash Israel in the threads dealing with the Gaza conflict. Why not Egypt? They don't like the Palestinians either nor want them. They also keep their border with Gaza closed. Why is the heat almost solely focused on Israel?

Edit to add: The person also told me Israel just allowed something like 8-10 tons of food and aid into Gaza yesterday. I don't see Egypt doing that or are they?

[edit on 12/29/2008 by AshleyD]



posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
This is hysterical. I was just talking to another member here privately last night as to why everyone blames Israel for closed borders with Gaza but Egypt hardly ever receives the same scrutiny. I'd like to hear from those who frequently bash Israel in the threads dealing with the Gaza conflict. Why not Egypt? They don't like the Palestinians either nor want them. They also keep their border with Gaza closed. Why is the heat almost solely focused on Israel?


I know!! it's so nonsensical it's borderline hysteria...I don't understand it at all. I mean, the way everyone talked it sounded like they were "trapped" in there.....these people preach about crap friggin' hypocrites............



posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
i know everyone acts like Egypt is a "muslim" nation but in reality i dont see that at all

Egypt is quite westernized for being in Africa

they have cellphones, cars, roads, skyscrapers, corporations, internet, etc.

Egypt is a westernized nation by these standards.

but overall u raise a good point

obviously Egypt is in cahoots with Israel to commit genocide.

I wonder why? Seems like a waste of bullets imo.

Look, its not like theres oil under palestine right?

Or is there oil there? I mean if theres Oil there it would really explain why this is happening.


"obviously Egypt is in cahoots to commit genocide. No that's not obvious at all. It's obvious that hamas is evil and the the people of palestine allow their rule. That is what's obvious. What's hidden, I don't know. They're the sheepliest sheeple in the world, palestinians, and i think if we don't take a pause, I see our future in them!!



posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo
 


The only think I could think of to contrast Egypt and Israel is the fact Israel is in previous Palestinian territory or that Israel has control over the airspace and sea ports. Still, that doesn't change the fact Egypt still shares a border with them and blocks off access. Just because we can find some differences between the two doesn't change the fact Egypt could just as easily open its borders or supply/allow aid. When Palestine's neighbors are reluctant to open its borders to Palestine, that reveals more Palestine than the neighbors, IMHO.

Hope I have all my facts straight. If not, please correct me if I am wrong.



posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by heyo
 


The only think I could think of to contrast Egypt and Israel is the fact Israel is in previous Palestinian territory or that Israel has control over the airspace and sea ports. Still, that doesn't change the fact Egypt still shares a border with them and blocks off access. Just because we can find some differences between the two doesn't change the fact Egypt could just as easily open its borders or supply/allow aid. When Palestine's neighbors are reluctant to open its borders to Palestine, that reveals more Palestine than the neighbors, IMHO.

Hope I have all my facts straight. If not, please correct me if I am wrong.


I really liked the obvservation about the "reaveals more about itself than it's neighbours." I think that's bang on. I think that isreal settiling on palestinian territory is not something they can use, because then everyone else should do the same. Does that then mean we all have to leave north america???? Also, what's the time limit? I'm pretty sure the jews had something to do with that area before, couldb e wrong......



posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
i know everyone acts like Egypt is a "muslim" nation but in reality i dont see that at all

Egypt is quite westernized for being in Africa

they have cellphones, cars, roads, skyscrapers, corporations, internet, etc.

Egypt is a westernized nation by these standards.


Interestingly enough, Iran is 'westernized' for being out in the middle of what most of us consider 'nowhere.' I think our perceptions in the west are very skewed about a lot of things...America is isolated from the world, luckily with technology we dont have to be at the mercy of what the media tells us...
Check this out and see how modern Tehran is...the place, it appears, Bush would love to bomb.

Again, we are being fed a lot of one sided and quite biased views about the middle east, and what-not. True, their culture is different, but it doesnt make it evil.
(The problem exist when, we as a species, want to push our view point of 'rightness' on another. And right now, this is happening on both sides of the fence. Hint: Jesus wasnt religous...maybe it would help if Christians and Muslims remembered this one small aspect.)

But moving on...


Peace

dAlen



[edit on 29-12-2008 by dAlen]



posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
This is hysterical. I was just talking to another member here privately last night as to why everyone blames Israel for closed borders with Gaza but Egypt hardly ever receives the same scrutiny. I'd like to hear from those who frequently bash Israel in the threads dealing with the Gaza conflict.


I bash all people equally.


Seriously, the issue isnt about what race/religion, etc. is putting people in a ruined down cattle pin to eat grass - the issue is how to stop this, and at minimum how to help the innocent victims there receive aid.

We can easily get stuck in sides.
"Israel did this..."
"What you blamed Israel?!"
And the bickering goes on, while thousands of people are looking up to heaven wanting a piece of bread to eat.

Ive said it before, and I will say it again, but the facts seem to be clear.
People, women, children, men...flesh and blood...fellow human beings - they are locked up in a pin. (Be it by Israel, Egypt, whomever...) They are locked up.
The sea and land borders are blocked by Egypt and Israel - as well as the air controlled by Israel.

To make things worse, it appears Hamas has locked the people in as well from receiving any aid entering...they are willingly holding back potential aid from their own people. - so no, its not just about "Israel".

See the stink? With all of this going against the people in there, one has to say what is going on? (Besides the fact that supposedly people, locked off from the world in every manner, are throwing rockets at Israel while they are eating grass, starving to death.)

There is some major PsyOps going on here - but what seems to be true is that the people in there are getting one raw deal...even their own government is against them.

Think about it, the 'overweight' Hamas leaders, living only God knows where...(not in Gaza) dictating the terms for the country which is allowing this whole mess to begin with. Things arent that straight forward as people would like to believe. We are fed a lot of media hype, while people are living through their own personal holocaust.

Anyway...wonder when the mass majority/consciousness will tire of their/its drama.
The need to fight over land that the God of all the universe supposedly gave them.
(Whether it be Jew, Christian, or Muslim.) If God wants someone to have land, by all means let it straighten it out for them...so far this God is quite silent - I think its just a bunch of devolved human beings who get a sick satisfaction from stirring up conflict in order to control.


Peace

dAlen

[edit on 29-12-2008 by dAlen]



posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dAlen
 


Thanks for the interesting and well thought out post. Just to be clear, I'm not saying the issue in Palestine doesn't deserve concern. My question echoes that of the OP. Why is Israel so often blamed while Egypt seems immune to criticism? Also as you even point out, why not Hamas when they hold much of the responsibility regarding what their own people are going through? I'm not saying what is occurring in Palestine is A.O.K. I'm asking why the targeted criticism of Israel in so many posts when they're not the only one involved in this?



posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash
 


If you want to know why read about the relation between HAMAS and Muslim Brotherhood Political Group in Egypt



posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Arab countries, including Egypt, argue that the Palestinian refugee problem is to be resolved on the basis of a special formula of repatriation and compensation rather than the formula commonly accepted for refugees at the time, resettlement in a third country. Hence, UNHCR, despite the recent reinterpretation of the article 1D of the 1951 Convention considering refugees who are not served by other UN bodies as ipso facto refugees and entitled to the benefits of the convention, does not provide protection to Palestinians refugees in Egypt.


Egypt does not seem to eager to incorporate the 70,000 or so Palestinians or so that have found their way to its doorstep. Notice the emphasis on "repatriation" rather than "resettlement to a third country" (that would be Egypt), who would then be burdened with the costs of taking in those refugees.

I think that Egypt is caught in-between the obligations that it has as an Arab League member and the need to maintain stability in their population.

Out of all Arab countries, only Jordan seems to have incorporated their Palestinian populations.

I cant help but notice the similarities between the Palestinians and the Kurds. .



posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo
 


"it's very simple. Isreal block. Go other way. "

Oh Really?



*There is no 'other way'.... See "Blockade"...



posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1
 


Do you have a source for that map?

Just curious





top topics
 
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join