It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travel Security/ Advisories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Hi folks i am new how do you like me so far... i joke

I am Beep Beep coming at you from Vancouver Canada and have been lurking long enough for my mental health to reach levels which would allow me to become a certified ATS member(thread inspired comment)

Thanks for having me....anyways, didn't really know were to put this

I am traveling for the first time away from this chunk of land and heading to the Philippines. I stumbled across a government travel advisory site and it would appear that my destination is less than idyllic.

www.voyage.gc.ca...

So to the great minds of ATS what do you do to increase your security odds??? In this day and age the peace sign just doesn't cut it. I was thinking about learning some Muslim greetings or praises, pack a Koran and wear a t shirt that says "Down with the infidels!!!"

but seriously one cant help but have some concerns

please discuss

[edit on 27-12-2008 by The Great Day]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
That's easy....

1) Don't go
2) If you have to go, stay in the hotel
3) Stay in public areas only and in a crowd of your fellows if possible.
4) Try not to take an unknown taxi, no idea where or who they are going to take you to. Try to see if your hotel can arrange transportation or get a rental if possible.

5) Be aware of your environment... if you think someone is watching you then you are probably right and should be extra-cautious.

That pretty much sums it up.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
i was hoping for something flashy, unique and creative......

but thats solid thanks i like it

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by The Great Day

When abroad it is best to learn certain things. You case is specific, so try getting around saying "dirka dirka muhammad jihad." That should help. And if you get in trouble...

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

oh yes now thats good, i will practice the signal.......but were do i get dark hair to glue on my face, is there a secret hand shake??

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

join