It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cash-strapped states weigh selling roads, parks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Cash-strapped states weigh selling roads, parks

news.yahoo.com

ST. PAUL, Minn. – Minnesota is deep in the hole financially, but the state still owns a premier golf resort, a sprawling amateur sports complex, a big airport, a major zoo and land holdings the size of the Central American country of Belize.

Valuables like these are in for a closer look as 44 states cope with deficits.

Like families pawning the silver to get through a tight spot, states such as Minnesota, New York, Massachusetts and Illinois are thinking of selling or leasing toll roads, parks, lotteries and other assets to raise desperately needed cash.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
You know that the people we just gave all that "bailout" money too are going to be buying this stuff up and giving the taxpayers the shaft a second time.
I'll bet the bankers are just laughing their heads off at us right now. But what really worries me is the fact that foreign govt's could be buying more of our country up.
The Feds just auctioned off wilderness to oil and gas companies. Now the states are going to follow suit.

Trick me once, shame on you
Trick me twice, shame on me

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.
1h.) Spamming: You will not post identical content, or snippets of identical content, to multiple threads in the discussion forums.

[edit on 12/28/2008 by Badge01]

new topics

join