It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GM is now a bank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

GM is now a bank

uk.reuters.com

Shares of General Motors Corp (GM.N: Quote, Profile, Research) jumped more than 18 percent on Friday after its auto-finance affiliate, GMAC, achieved eligibility for government loans, easing the risk of a failure that threatened to kill credit for GM dealers and buyers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

GMAC, which finances three-quarters of the inventory held by GM dealers, won approval from the Federal Reserve on Wednesday to become a bank holding company, gaining access to government lending programs and staving off bankruptcy.

The news came less than a week after GM and Chrysler LLC were promised $17.4 billion of government loans from the Treasury-run financial bailout fund.

What the hell america? Why aren't the puplic doing anything about this? Let the company fail.

It is dragging the rest of us down with america into a hole.

uk.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
And what would you say we do? Riot with pitchforks and torches?

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
THere is a lot that you can do. Inform people around you, get fliers out, hold a protest by your self. The thing with american people is they don't care if all the world around them burns down to the ground as long as they have a steady income, a house they can call home, entertainment on tv, wife to sleep with and food to eat they will not do anything.

But when all these go it will be to late, ACT now. Stop this madness. I live in New Zealand and yes i have been effected by this is well. This is going to tear your country apart.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreab_boy
THere is a lot that you can do. Inform people around you, get fliers out, hold a protest by your self. The thing with american people is they don't care if all the world around them burns down to the ground as long as they have a steady income, a house they can call home, entertainment on tv, wife to sleep with and food to eat they will not do anything.

But when all these go it will be to late, ACT now. Stop this madness. I live in New Zealand and yes i have been effected by this is well. This is going to tear your country apart.

it already is.

i talk and inform, and share information....no one listens. They are still voting for the same two political parties that have screwed us up this far. They are still re-electing the same crooked bastages...so it looks like i am a passenger on this damned train.

Look at this forums political areas....still the same stupid arguments about Republicans vs. democrats. The sameness of the turds is astounding, yet ignored.

[edit on 26-12-2008 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jkd Up

first of all i'm sure you wouldn't even know where to buy either of the two

so why even suggest such a sarcastic remark?

I don't get it

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by Jkd Up

first of all i'm sure you wouldn't even know where to buy either of the two

so why even suggest such a sarcastic remark?

I don't get it

Down at Cabelas. Or WalMart. Lots of torches and pitchforks to be found, and not enough men to carry them.

[edit on 26-12-2008 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Its unbelievable. Bail them out in time for them to set up bank status and make interest out of your own taxes !!!!!!!

I have a vision of a 4 foot by 4 foot piece of land somewhere in the world, the only part that is inhabitable. On it, an American, on his own. His words " Well, What could We do ?"

I dont care what you do American brothers and sisters, just do something !!

Respects

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
first you need to use the title of the article not make up your own. it should be

GM shares jump after GMAC won bank holding status

2nd. GMAC is a financing affiliate OF General motors. they have nothing to do with GM making cars. they provide financing to people who want to buy cars from GM

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join