It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans taking back GOP from the RRW

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
RRW = Radical Right Wing ( Religious Fundamentalists, Oligarchs, Imperialists, Corporatists)

I had mentioned to several of my fellow Americans on the Right that this administrations constant accommodation of the RRW would start to alienate moderate Republicans, and if it reached a critical mass, they'd break ranks and vote with the Dems or go Independent. Here's some of the latest to support my theory:

"I can't imagine that anybody would say, We're going to war because there are 11 empty warheads, probably left over from 10 years ago. These warheads are not the nuclear weapons we've been warned about. They travel about 12 miles. But this is being used as a pretext for a decision that's already been made at high levels of the U.S. government to change the government in Iraq. Talking to a senior official, and he said to me, he said, well, if we don't hit in Iraq, where are we going to hit? And they... it's a desire that the United States, the superpower, is going to manifest its authority to the rest of the world. They want a war as a manifestation of U.S. power in the world and as a sign that the United States is capable of changing the balance of power and the political map of the Middle East."

- On Capital Gang this Sunday, conservative columnist/pundit and Washington insider Robert Novak inadvertantly spills the beans on the real - and, coincidentally, illegal - reasons for the coming pre-emptive attack on Iraq.

www.cnn.com...

Positions by Bush Could Cost Votes From Center
By RICHARD W. STEVENSON

WASHINGTON, Jan. 20 � President Bush's decision to take strong conservative positions on an array of foreign, economic and social policy issues is drawing warnings from moderates within his party that he could alienate the centrist voters he needs for his re-election.

"We believe our party is on a collision course with the electorate, and as Republicans that concerns us greatly," said Jennifer Blei Stockman, national co-chairwoman of the Republican Pro-Choice Coalition, a group that favors abortion rights. "While the party is feeling very strong after the 2002 elections, that could be the last gasp before the reality of what they've been doing with the right wing of the party really hits."

"The administration is playing to a base of hard-core ideologues who have this bizarre notion that conservation and environmental protection are left-wing plots against the American way of life," said Jim DiPeso, policy director of Republicans for Environmental Protection, an advocacy group.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   
You mean the "RINO's" are trying to take back the GOP?

When are the moderate dems going to start taking the Democratic Party back from the trial lawyers, the special interest groups, the whackos, KKK members, and the Klintonites???

[Edited on 21-1-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   
You got way more DINO's than you do RINO's!

Clinton was a moderate Dem; he never would have had the business backing he did otherwise.
Sen.Byrd is like Strom Thurmon: the party can't do anything because their states put them there....just don't let them chair anything.
The trial lawyers thing is just a Right Wing talking point Bob, come on! How come no one is breaking the insurance company's nads!?!?

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
99% of all politicians, regardless of party affiliation, are lawyers and that is the main reason this coutry is so screwed up!!

If we were serious about changing the way our govt works, to make it actually work for "we the people" (not "we the corporate lobbyist") we as Americans need to create a rule that lawyers are not eligible for politics, period.

These idiots have litigated the US to near death, and its time the American people take back our country from these wankers before they destroy what is left of our great nation.

[Edited on 22-1-2003 by USMC Harrier]

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I like that idea about no lawyers in politics; but I'd move it a bit further to include no lobbyists or 'C' level execs.
I won't bash trial lawyers on the basis of some circus verdicts because the root of the problem is still companies rushing to market with products that maim or kill consumers & they must be held accountable.

posted on Jan, 22 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
REPUB SENATOR SAYS BUSH/ASHCROFT BIG BROTHER ATTACK IS WORSE THAN WE THOUGHT "A senior Republican senator yesterday expressed concern that a Pentagon surveillance program could be used on U.S. citizens and may "have a chilling effect on civil liberties." In a letter to Attorney General John D. Ashcroft, Sen. Charles E. Grassley (R-Iowa) alleged that the Justice Department and FBI are more extensively exploring the use of the Total Information Awareness program than they have previously acknowledged. "

www.washingtonpost.com...

new topics

top topics

join