It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alone on Christmas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
So, I find myself suddenly alone on Christmas Eve/ Day. It's a new experience for me, and one I'm not liking too much over the last couple hours.

I know I have it easy. I know there are people overseas, far away from family and loved ones. I know there are people out there that have no one to visit. I'm having a hard time keeping my blessings in mind though.

So what about the good people of ATS/ BTS. How do you deal with a holiday alone when you have no time to volunteer or make other arrangements to keep yourself busy?

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I've been alone on Christmas eve but never on Christmas day.

Your ATS family is here to keep you company so you really aren't alone.

Wishing you a Happy New Year.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Thank you
You have no idea how much that means tonight. from a large family I'm not used to being alone. I can't wait to see what's in store on ATS tomorrow

[edit on 12/24/2008 by CeltAngel]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Good Morning it's Christmas.

I like to see it come but it is equally good to see it go.

For the next several hours I'll be slaving over a stove preparing a big dinner. By the time w are ready to eat I'll be too tired to enjoy it.

It really would not be so bad but about every 15 minutes one of my 7 grandchildren will call, come by or text message me. I have to stop what I'm doing, wash my hands and entertain, talk or text back.

When the rime comes to gather and eat ( 3pm) I'll be ready for a long winters nap. For the next 2 or 3 hours I'll have to smile and make small talk with all the relatives and friends.

By this time it will be hard to keep my eyes open as I stayed up late and got up at 4am to put that huge turkey in the oven.

I almost forgot, at 2:30pm I'll start dragging the turkey and other food over to my son's home. I got smart last year and told my children I would not be having big dinners at my house anymore and it was up to them to have it.

Next Christmas I have decided that I will make only one dish for dinner...,my special cornbread dressing. I'll be able to sleep late for one on Christmas morning after getting up before day light for the past 40 years and putting that darn bird in the oven.

I am so looking forward to 6pm when I can come back home and crawl between the sheets and get some much needed sleep.

Thankfully Christmas doesn't come but once a year. Hopefully I can get through dinner without getting into a heated discussion about religion or politics.

Oh what a day....I'm already tired thinking about it. I may just go out of town next year and skip Christmas all together. It would be much easier.

My best to you today.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Holidays are overrated. Especially Christmas. There's no reason to celebrate it. enjoy life everyday not just during the holidays. The core of the holiday in modern times has little to do with what Jesus was about, so don't think you're obligated to celebrate the holiday just because you're Christian.

I do appreciate all the fuss made over the holidays but to me it's entirely unnecessary. If I were alone, they'd just be another day to me.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Merry Xmas!!!!

Awww i hate to feel someone is alone today but remember your ATS family are all here for you !!!

So come on share those mince pies with us! And i will have a Glass of wine thank you,

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Well, I've decided to host my own Holiday Feast right here :-D

Come on in, the food is hot and the Wine is cold!

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
If there is some way we could teleport I would happily swap places with you.... Ba Humbug.

I won't be doing much but still there will be kids and I'm always the one they cling to - I will be expected to join in with board games and I am literally shaking from the hangover (I went to the pub last night after I drank the house clean)

Best wishes buddy - could be worse!

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CeltAngel

Oh my goodness, you've set a beautiful table.

The ham looks so tender and juicy.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
hey merry christmas

i had a lovely christmas eve with my son, who left 2 hours ago to spent the rest of the holidays with his dad. won.t be back since next sunday i guess, i don.t know for sure.

so i am alone for the rest of the holidays

got some eggnog for you!

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

Why thanks!!! I do love my egg nog

Feel free to enjoy the feast! All sorts of tasties - anything your heart desires!

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CeltAngel

it looks really lovely

i brought some traditional backing, a christstollen

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
it very hard being home alone on christmas..I'm only 29 and you would think that being my age I would just go out and have fun..well I broke up with my gf today cuz she wanted to be with her ex and his fam...my family went to LV and I did'nt go cuz I wanted to be with her..I have found myself eating alot and drinking alot as well...I know that its not the answer but I figure what the hay.. Watching tv only entertains you for so long but at least its a good background noise while I surf the web..anyways..the answer to not feeling so bad while being alone is there is no way..we all just have to deal with it in our own little way...for what it's worth..merry christmas from one loner to another...

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

For today....and maybe a couple more days.....indulge. Eat and drink all you want. Then come back here. As I have found out in the last 30 hours, ATS is a family, and we will be here for you to help you through the rough spots .

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I was with my family on Christmas but I felt alone, so I know how you feel. I dealt with it by stuffing my face with ham and mashed potatoes and watching Bad Santa. At least it's over now.... happy new years!!

top topics

join